Chapter2: Moses

Chapter2: Moses

A Chapter by 暗い雪

Churnble stood still for a minute after Joel left. He pondered whether or not he should take this to the council. They've the occasional visitors before, but none that were able to enter this building. He decided he would first consult the Moses documents. These were records of the energy used by Moses, the purpose, and things he has said. Moses was one of the gifted ones, the most gifted one there ever was. The gifted ones not only used the natural energy flow, they understood, which enabled them to do much more than the average person. Moses discovered another world and was able to travel between there and this world. He was the only one that was able to do so freely, he documented many of his findings. Moses never returned from the other world but his documents are still expanding. There are many theories about this, but Churnble didn't really care. In his documents, Moses made many predictions, all of which have been true. Churnble wanted to read about the inhabitants of the other world. These particular documents were kept on the upper level of this building. He gently moved his hand over the smooth wall and stopped at a spot that felt colder than the rest. He walked through the wall, leaving his body on the other side.
The room was small, only enough space to stand behind the chair and desk. He sat down and began reading the open book on the desk. It indicated that there would one day be someone that would cross over, and that he would be different from the people in either world. Churnble's body was pulling him back, he couldn't maintain this state for long. If he resisted too much, he would permanently be detached from his body. He stood up and was immediately pulled backwards. He opened his eyes, he was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He scanned the room, there was no one around. Joel could be the one Moses told of, but there wasn't enough known to be sure. He decided not to tell the council yet, but to discuss it with his circle.
His circle was a group of personified aspects of his personality, everybody had a circle. It's purpose was to keep inner peace by communicating with different parts of the self. If every part of a person can agree on an issue, he will be at peace and stress can be avoided. Churnble's circle was the biggest out of everyone's. Churnble jumped down tot the circle and pulled his hood over his head. His circle formed, each of them hooded.
“The boy seems to have a great amount of skill, but no knowledge or experience. He could be suffering from an illness, he may not even be aware if who he is,” stated the persona across from Churnble.
“I don’t like him, he gives off a foul vibe, he couldn't be one of us. You forget, we know nothing of the other world, it could be filled with many like him,” argued the persona to his left.
“That's a good point, think it over some more,” Churnble said before pulling back his hood as the door opened. He turned to face the visitor.
“I thought I'd find you here, you spend more time alone than with anyone else. I don't think it's very healthy. Why don’t you come take a walk with me?” asked the short woman with long blond hair.
“I have work to o, I can't just abandon my responsibilities. Unlike you, I plan on doing something with my life,” Churnble responded.
“I am doing something with my life, enjoying it. Work too much and you'll become gray. For once in your life, take a break and go for a walk with your sister.” Churnble sighed and slowly walked toward her.
“I guess you won this one, Ela. I'll go with you,” Churnble said as he passed her. She grinned and began walking beside him as he left the building.
They walked in silence for a couple minutes through the cement field until they reached a large stone with runes inscribed on it. Ela sat on it and crossed her legs. The runes began glowing, tinting the ground around it teal.
“Do you feel it?” Ela asked. Churnble nodded, she continued, “It's the same pull you can feel in the private rooms of that building. I've been monitoring the stone's activity, there was a significant spike the other day. It's done this every time I've approached it since then. The spikes created by this are only about a third of the size of the big spike. I haven't gotten a chance to look at today's readings yet. I'm not going to submit it to the council, they'll be sure the end is near and try to destroy it.” She looked off to the side, as if she were waiting to see something.
“I think you should check those readings, a visitor was here earlier, he walked into the building like you or I would. He had called me there, he had left his body elsewhere and called me there without it. He didn't know he did it and he didn't know where he was. One of the strangest things I've seen around here.” Ela continued staring into the distance, the stood up and looked at Churnble. She turned and knelt in front of the glowing stone.
“What are you hiding?” she whispered to the stone. She gently put her hand on it, the light grew slightly brighter. She stood and turned to Churnble again. “I should probably go. The pull's getting stronger, I don't know how much longer I can resist it.”
“Give in,” she thought she heard Churnble say.
“What was that?” Ela asked, unsure that she heard him correctly.
“I said I'm going back in, I'll probably be coming home late tonight. I want to study some more, maybe there's some information on the stone, after all, Moses did build this building.” Churnble looked around, he could only see the stone, Ela, and darkness.
“You just have no time for your family anymore. I guess I'll see you around.” Ela didn't wait for Churnble to respond, she walked away. Churnble watched her back, something about her seemed to mike life a little more worth it. When he could no longer see her, he looked back to the stone. The pull on him hadn't gotten any stronger in the time he and Ela were talking, now that she was gone, it was weaker. He bent down to touch it, it didn't get any brighter. He sighed and returned to the building.
There was a note on the door explaining that the circle and the building would be in use through the night. Churnble thought, 'If Moses built this, inside and out, maybe I can find information around the building.' He slowly walked around to the garden in the back, examining everything around him on his way. The garden contained mostly grass, the few flowers that grew were black. Churnble noticed that they were spaced out in a zigzag pattern. He followed them into the forest at the other end of the garden.
He was enshrouded by darkness, the only thing he could see was a faint glow a little further in. Arms held in front, Churnble slowly walked toward the light. He found himself standing over a small pond; there were small stones around the perimeter that resembled the larger stone he had recently encountered. These stones were glowing yellow. He looked into the pond, but only saw a yellow reflection of himself.
“Only those that are pure are able to see the bottom,” said a man leaning against a tree on the other side of the pond. Churnble stepped back, surprised that someone else was there and that he had knowledge of this strange pond.
“Why is that? What is at the bottom?” Churnble asked. The man smiled.
“The truth, you'll never reach it, but you're to become a mentor. You will guide the boy,” the man replied. He then stepped on the pond and slowly began descending. Churnble's eyes grew wide.
What do you go by?” Churnble asked. The man just smiled again and pulled back the hood he was wearing, it was the man on the picture in front of the building, Moses.


© 2011 暗い雪


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011


Author

暗い雪
暗い雪

About
I love to immerse myself in other worlds and also create my own. " I write likeStephen KingI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! " more..

Writing
Reminder Reminder

A Poem by 暗い雪


Her Eyes Her Eyes

A Poem by 暗い雪