Glass Box

Glass Box

A Poem by Delaney Thomas

Why do you always go for the one
Trapped in the glass box?
There are plenty of others out there
Who are alive and free.
Yet,
It's always the one in the glass box that you seek.
It's never the beautiful flowers
That grow wild in the sun,
Or the bright fruits
That are sweet to the taste.
It's always the one trapped in the glass box.
The dying rose,
With it's petals rotting on the ground.
Why do you always go for the one in the glass box?
It's not beautiful,
Nor sweet to smell or taste.
It's just a dying rose,
Trapped in that damn glass box.

© 2014 Delaney Thomas


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"It's always the one trapped in the glass box.
The dying rose,
With it's petals rotting on the ground. "
Human nature. Hard to understand or control. The above lines are true. We want what we shouldn't have or impossible to maintain. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

People always go for what they cant have. If we didn't, we wouldn't be anywhere in life.

Posted 9 Years Ago


wonderfully deep poem. Beautifully written

Posted 9 Years Ago


Could be a truism of our nature that we always want what we cannot have, or is difficult to obtain? Maybe our emotions and empathy get the better of our judgment and logic goes out the window. I really liked this poem, it's well written and gives us reason to think about things we do ! Penny

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really like this poem and I can feel and relate to the frustration. I felt like it was saying that people go for the pretty people that they can look at but that is the only quality. So the question is why don't people look at the people who are free and beautiful in spirit and wisdom. This is something I can relate to a lot. I am not sure if that is exactly what you were going for there, but that is what I took out of it. Thank you for sharing a good write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Im getting from this that you always go for the ones you can't have. Or the ones that will treat you bad. This is a,very clever write and got me thinking

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can see this piece from two perspectives. First is the frustration of watching someone struggle against a wall that we think will only bring back pain and suffering.... Yet I can also see it from the view that it may be the need to try and help those within the glass box that is the very essence by which their life is driven. I've seen and known both. I think that we the outsider watching really can't say which is the right way for another... but what your poem captures wonderfully is the feelings we feel when we see a friend following a path that only leads to a dead end...and not our own eyes.

Great Ink!
Aaron - Wolfwind

Posted 9 Years Ago


"It's always the one trapped in the glass box.
The dying rose,
With it's petals rotting on the ground. "
Human nature. Hard to understand or control. The above lines are true. We want what we shouldn't have or impossible to maintain. Thank you for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Because life is always so unfair... It makes you pay for you're sins and lets you suffer that's why its in the glass box..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Because the idea of being able to save such a thing, is alluring.

Very good metaphors used here and great imagery.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 30, 2014
Last Updated on May 30, 2014

Author

Delaney Thomas
Delaney Thomas

About
This is Me: I act light but I'm actually very dark. I wish I could go down the rabbit hole with Alice and never come back up. The darkness pretends to be my friend but really just tries to kill me eve.. more..

Writing
How? How?

A Story by Delaney Thomas


Dreams Dreams

A Story by Delaney Thomas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..