Defining Moment

Defining Moment

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

Life is full of surprising moments that can teach us so much.

"

  

It only took a moment in time

Of no communication between us

For me to realize

Silence isn’t golden when it comes to you.

Then the day you returned

With a few simple words

Was when I knew that period of deafness

Was the closet I had ever come to hell on Earth.

It finally was clear as a blue sky      

That life is a permanent midnight

Without you near.

I Faced a fear I never knew

Existed,

Though to face it again

Would most certainly

Scare me to death.

I know now I was a blind man without

A cane,

But it is said that hindsight is

Twenty-twenty

And now so are the chambers to my heart

Where you flow like fine wine.

Hard to believe it took

Time without to define what you mean to me.

Who knew just how much you could learn

When nothing is said at all.

 

© 2009 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Time without to define what you mean to me.

Who knew just how much you could learn

When nothing is said at all.


C`est la vie~ days speak and years teach~ I like the part of the blind man without a cane
I think many can relate to that as we all may not know our indepth feelings at the right
time~ and indeed hindsight becomes 20/20, a most defining moment, so very, very true.

Well DonE!!


Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well said with your wonderful poem. It seems so often we don't know what we really have until we don't have it anymore. And when we realize it, how powerful that moment can be!

Excellent writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yet again you overwhelm me with your words. So, many times I wanted to write such a thing about the silence. If only the words, could have come. It seems, my friend, that you bled my heart to read as poetry. This one means a lot to me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

All too often we take things for granted while we have them and only when they're gone do we realize how completely stupid we were: we had what we wanted and threw it away. Beautiful poem, cowboy, keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hard to believe it took
Time without to define what you mean to me.
Who knew just how much you could learn
When nothing is said at all.

this IS a very defining moment...and silence isn't always golden. you hit close to home as others have said before with this one. it's the realization and acting on that, that matters the most.

nicely written and eloquently said, Dale....

A

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. This one hit home. I am going through this situation right now. Why does it always take guys forever to see what they have? haha. You know you did a great job writing when it evokes empathy in your reader. Great job, yet again.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is one of the best I have read from you.. because it is very wise ..if when we were in relationship we would pause for a moment.. it is true people spent a lot of time guilty about the past, worried about the future .. the now slips away and it is the only real thing..when you are along that moment hits you in the face the moment is all there is ..you want someone there in the moment.. not just a memory or something that might happen..


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow powerful write. it is so true, we don't realize how much someone means, their words, until they are silenced. i love this one. intense, sad, and brilliant.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really sweet and beautiful. Its a shame we only realize what we have sometimes when they are gone, but then again maybe its a good thing to be reminded. You did a great job on this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very much truth to this. No one is more desirable, than when they are not attainable, but that first encounter afterwards is oh so priceless. I just now figured out how to find things people have sent me. Oops, I'll be reading non stop for a while. this one was very good. V

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very heartfelt and moving write. You have a great talent for expressing yourself in such a vunerable way. It's so very endearing and somewhat unusual coming from the heart of a "die hard ROCKER"...lol!

Another wonderful write!

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

824 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 19, 2009

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing