The Skyline Makes Me Wonder

The Skyline Makes Me Wonder

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

Whenever I drive

To distances

Greater then my box

I can’t help but see

The skyline as

The beginning of a race

Never won

Mixed with a journey

Never taken.

 

Seeing city buildings

Against the forever blue

Takes me behind the wall

Of medieval castles

From long ago

When knights saved

The day…

Not for glory but

Love and honor

Then I start to wonder

How I would’ve faired

Where heroes

Lived and died by the sword

Since I’ve never had to walk

The razors edge.

 

The visions of

The mountaintops

Pointing towards heaven

Taking my imagination

On a flight through

Eagle eyes…

Again I wonder

If my heart

Could really handle

The fearless flight

Of possibilities

When all I’ve known

Is the security

Of roads and sidewalks.

 

Then I come home

And wonder no more

For being human

I get lost in that old

Human emotion…

 

Comfort.

 

 

© 2010 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is wonderful, sometimes stepping out of the box opens
new windows through new eyes, driving to new places can
so bring new perspectives to you, and when you are in your
own domain that sometimes we get bored of are suddenly
more appreciated!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i enjoyed the view from your heightened and insightful sight; the acknowledgement of ancestors; of the wise brave eagle and of your reflection of knowing that you hold onto the comforts while still thinking of the possibilities of the horizon.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah i think we can all relate to this! for sure.

Posted 14 Years Ago


We do get caught up in those creature comforts---it makes us lazy and complacent sometimes. Pushing ourselves out of that zone, and adventuring toward new horizon's is a great challenge on the soul, new beginings, and destiny's.
Great piece, makes me take a closer look at the skyline myself;)
kel

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have stepped outside the square here Dale and taken the bull by the horn to make parallels...always a good thing when writing. You have also taken country comfort and made it your own. Rural life, once experienced will make busy cities a dim memory. Your perspectives are phenomenal. Gorgeous phrasing makes this a joy to read Dale...
(then) Than...
(one) Won...
(faired) Fared...
Cheers,
Helen~

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hamlet almost had it right: and comfort dost make cowards of us all...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Home is where the heart is.. very nicely written here. Home is what we are used to and comfortable with.. doesn't have to be fancy with a picket fence.. just H-O-M-E. We do venture to work and vacation away.. but it always is so nice to go home and relax! This one was serene.. can't take a city mouse to the country.. nor a country mouse to the city.. nicely done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I believe in life we still must stand for the good and the right. The days of swords and great battles are in the past. Now men and woman must fight for great causes with pen and mass. Nothing scare a Government then when the people gather together as one. I like the poem. I believe us in the USA have forgot this is our USA. The past battle were easy to understand. Today we need great men and woman of words to re-direct and fight for the good and honor of the future children. A excellent poem. You made me think.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this was great introspection indeed. I love how your build this up and end it with a very strong emotion. Comfort is a good thing, but sometimes it can keep us in a place a little longer than we should be. A phenomenal piece of writing...oh and i love the title, Skyline is excellent title for this piece as it represent a boundary line. Magnificently done...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful introspective piece; I think you would have fared quite
well, this is true for most of us, fearing the unknown and stepping
out of our comfort zone, indeed it makes one wonder, about the scope
of possibilities"nothing ventured nothing gained"
yet "home is where the heart is"

Great WritE! Dale

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is real nice. It's the sort of thing I've pondered a fair few times over the years. I think it's only natural, but then that's me. A sort of feeling of inadequacy - would you respond in the same way as heroic knights of lore..?
You like the idea of fighting for a cause..but could you really have the valour to actually do something about it...? What would you have done in the war..? Could you have killed another man..? Are you just a pampered citizen of a cushy world..? All questions one could ask of oneself.
I think the answers to these questions would probably be 'No'.
But is it really possible to ever know for sure..when you are comparing the lifestyle of today with much more savage times of yesterday...?
Even today, if say you were an Iraqi or Afghani..who is to say that if you were forced, you may not become a revolutionary...?
Anyway, good poem, becuase it makes you think and shows the very real stark contrast between one end of existence and another...!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1252 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2010
Last Updated on May 24, 2010

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing