The Ballad Of(A Siren And Me)

The Ballad Of(A Siren And Me)

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

 

Sugar covered lips

With a tart smile

Whisper to me

Over a chilling breeze

About wings of steel

And the angel that flies

Despite being assigned them.

Her voice soft and raspy

Tells the tale

Of a fall from grace

That becomes the inspiration

To those with molded halos.

Breaking out in song

To sing a verse

Of heaven’s limitations,

The melodic intension

Strikes a chord in my soul

That sparks a fire

Even hell could not contain.

Now amongst the manipulated ashes

I await my fate

In skin to charred

To feel the pain.

Then in a twist of fate

The sun blinded my eyes

So I could see

What life was like.

© 2011 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Deep, deep thoughts in your poem, Dale .. had to read twice, had to be sure .. tho not entirely. I think you're saying that we need to suffer to find the best in ourselves .. you talk in the first person but the message is there for anybody to read. Whether i'm right or wrong, your writing makes me think which is what i appreciate ..

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like those stories of broken muses. Allow us to know we are not alone. The tale was strong and some positive at the end. Sometime we must reach rock bottom to know there is some good in a life. A outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 4 people found this review constructive.

A valiant and perceived individual menace of society's grinding haunts, well penned, good read

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a interesting piece. I like the comparisons and the contradictions :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Having to go through the fires of hell before you could see the truth of life. The sinner often sees heaven more clearly for having sinned and renounced it for he/she knows what she is giving up unlike someone who has never truly sinned. That's what your wonderful poem spoke to me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


searing writing~beautifully alluring even as it leads into flames~flames afterall cleanse and renew~ =)~

Posted 13 Years Ago


"too" charred to feel the pain...ouch !!

Fabulous write here Cowboy. I love the ending going from pain to finding the answer.

"There's a reason for everything" is my motto....always has been...whether we understand it at the time or not....We only realise that that is so, when the final part of the puzzle is found.

Thanks
Babs xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, I really liked your flow of words of blazing passion, erotic pleasure, carnal desires that is written with such passion. An excellent poem.
I really mean what I say, you always seem to capture your thoughts, your imagry and your emotion, so we all can share these same things, by reading your powerful writings.

"Even hell could not contain. Now amongst the manipulated ashes"
Wonderful, yet painful wording.

Anne





Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

789 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2011
Last Updated on April 30, 2011

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Robin