Standing On The Edge Of Your Life

Standing On The Edge Of Your Life

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

Distant wailing cries in the night

Break the silence of what you believe.

            Screaming…

                        Fading…

                                    Echoing…

 

Master or commander is your fate

As it barks orders you never thought possible.

            Attack…

                        Retreat…

                                    Fight on…           

 

Destiny has now become a ghost

Trapped among the ruins of infinity.

            Help me…

                        Break me…

                                    Trust me…

 

Fantasies of riding the wings of immortality

Have been clipped by an angel’s jealousy.

            Dare me…

                        Kill me…

                       

Enlightened souls with dark hearts

Align this path not paved with gold.

            Follow it…

                        Escape it…

           

The razor sharp blade taunts cold flesh

When you’re standing on the edge of your life.

 

                        TOTAL REALESE…

 

                        FREEDOM RINGS!!

 

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It has a certain complexity to it. Many themes..internal struggle, fight or flight, freeedom/inprisonment, dark/light, infinity/mortality! Stand on the razor's edge. "Well darkness has a hunger that's insatiable/And lightness has a call that's hard to hear." Good stuff, Cowboy!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is so powerful. I was left with my heart on the floor. The emotion pours from your words. Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are a lot of folks that go through this feeling, I think my first 400 or so pieces go over this. Still, TJ has a piece that totally blew my mind on the subject - I will dig it out the link for it and send it. I have done my dance with this far too many times in the past, until I actually lost faith in it as an escape. At first it was a case of thinking anything had to be better than what I was going through. Then I no longer believed that. Then it became anything different had to be better than what I was going through. Then I no longer believed that. Little dances along the way, little stays for three days here and there. Finally, I just did not care at all. I woke up the next morning, denied. There is no way, none, NONE, that I should have... but I did. At that point, I kind of lost faith in it as an option. I gave up. I became a shell of a man, and just built my walls up. Locking myself away, alone - where it hurt, but I felt like I was in control of the hurt. Kind of like a person that cuts themselves, causing that pain - they caused it, they are in control - not somebody else. I thought I was fine with that. I really had convinced myself that I was fine with that. Lol, well then Mysty snuck up on me and beat the crap out of my walls. It felt great, but it has also been a nightmarish rollercoaster ride at times as I realize I do not have that control anymore. I know how I feel about her, and I know what I want with her. I keep getting in the way of it though. Lol, ask her - I am surprised she talks to me I can be such a schmuck at times. I just trip all over myself, over my old baggage, comparing her to people that hurt me in the past, just feeding all my insecurities by seeing things that are not there - and that wore on her - wore on her something rotten. I just had so much going on, feeling was so new again, after having denied myself for so long. I just kept (and Hell, I still do) getting in the way of it. She has an insane amount of patience though, and so it is still moving along. It makes me think back to all those little dances of mine. What I had no idea of just what I might have thrown away with that... I had no idea...

Okay, sorry for the wall of text - I will take my Dr. Phil hat off... the piece itself is strongly laid out, leading us down that tortured path where the edge of a blade would appear to offer us that escape... it is a path many have taken, and it is by no means a golden path. It is a painful path, but it is not a path that anybody needs walk down - there are friends, and they will pull you over - sit you down - and make you laugh, make you smile, or offer just to be there to let you cry. Okay, I guess I put the Dr. Phil hat back on... this is just one of those touchy subjects for me, cause I have touched it far too many times to be able to be sitting here to type this.

Found the link to the piece by TJ I mentioned earlier: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/TJ02013/284319/



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow this is an amazing poem!
It's a very powerful message & if I'm taking it the right way I can relate very well to this piece!
Great Write!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Loved the format which adds to the intensity of this power packed poem, cowboy! I loved it :) hugs

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

POWERFUL! I'm thinking suicide is the concept of this piece, although I could be wrong.

It's so sad how life become such a hellish nightmare that suicide seems like the perfect ending to a tormented pain.

You words completely capture the pain and yet, ironically enough, the freedom that one in this state of mind, would most likely feel, after ending his/her life.

Although I feel that suicide is the most selfish act, any one could commit, you capture the subject in a raw, rare, and completely truthful way.

Hats off, to you, Cowboy!

*smiles*

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Have been clipped by an angel's jealousy.

Enlightened souls with dark hearts

Align this path not paved with gold.

Wow! The above lines stand out in a poem full of insperation. Great write love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Powerful write! This is one of your greatest, my dear. Every line screams freedom. Marvelous!


~*Anna Rose*~

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is great I think its a powerful write and you have this thing about you in your writing that just screems give everyone more...You have a strong talent for writing...This peice is one of your greatest and I cant help but to exspress the devotion and hrd ship in your writng...

The razor sharp blade taunts cold flesh

When you're standing on the edge of your life.



TOTAL REALESE�



FREEDOM RINGS!!



this really got to me cause the screaming freedom the total relse of life just put a part into my soul...standing on the edge of life I think we all have felt in one piont in time and you have a great mind for writing God has giving you a great gift and I hope to continue to see more feel free to send any request, I might not get it right away but I will review it t/y for sharing this great peice with me perfectly penned ...Belinda

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a great piece, I especially loved these lines...

'Destiny has now become a ghost

Trapped among the ruins of infinity.'

What a wonderful poem. I love the flow and the structure. Excellent!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Indeed, total release....

What a fantastic display of metaphorical skill. Very well done!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2394 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 8, 2008
Last Updated on April 8, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing