To Love Thy Lady Shakespearian Style

To Love Thy Lady Shakespearian Style

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
"

A fun attempt at a different style.

"

 

To truly love one's soul fully

Is to let your passion burn

Like eternity has come and gone,

Appreciate every ounce of beauty

Flowing from thee truest one’s heart,

Memorize every line, curve, smile

So when separated by miles

They are never more then a blink away.

Let not false distractions

Of mundane duties nor flesh of strangers

Cast sins upon your heavenly devotion,

Layin' it to rest in the depths of hell.

For when the one

That brings out heaven within

Thy heart like a prayer answered

They should be worshiped not forsaken

Or life shall become a self-purgatory.

 

 

© 2014 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It sounds like what to do with a great love once u find it you hold on to it treat as if the best thing u cant live without however for if "forsaken ....life will become a self purgatory" Powerful poem! It touches on many levels of what language used to be about when the language was love such as Romeo and Juilet!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awe, Dale! I haven't been on your site in awhile, now I see what I was missing. This is such a lovely write. And you did great with the new style. You know I missed ya dear! A beautiful write indeed!
Janice Ann

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful write. I especially liked
"Memorize every line, curve, smile
So when separated by miles
They are never more then a blink away."

Posted 13 Years Ago


This describes total devotion and written perfectly. Miles cannot separate true love just as you have so beautifully told us here.
Thanks for share

Babs xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


Fantastic write. To know how important the person is who brings heaven to your life and to show how important they are with deeds. Love this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great piece! "Self-purgatory" What could have been and the consequenses of inaction... Excellent way to wrap the piece up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful work Dale! I was just watching AL Pacino recite shakespear yesterday on TV, it is a delight to hear and read. (it was funny to hear the hubby say, "what the hell does that mean?!")
To be able to write in this style takes alot of love and talent, thank you for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such proper words my gentleman:). A love story to outlive us
all in it's beauty and purety.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautifully lifting and profoundly rich with imagery and loving imagination! Oh, I remember seeing Romeo and Juliet in my high school English class there in Tracy. First time I really thought about Shakespeare. Kinda liked his writing ever since! Thanks for this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


To love "Shakespearean style" is such a gallant, romantic phraseology. Loving and being loved with such abandonment so much so as to study and brand within one's mind every arc of a lover's flesh. Even mere distance nor wandering eye cannot hinder the bond. *whew* Now that is powerful. I think if we rekindle the fires of passion like this there would be a lot less heartache. Seems you had fun with this write, it shows in this inflamed expression of fervor.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Isnt it a shame we stopped talking like this along the way? Shakespearian verse may be tiresome to some, but back then words had so much more weight...the right word could raise a ship, or sink a continent!!
Wonderfully done!!


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1938 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 16, 2010
Last Updated on September 22, 2014

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing