Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Chase Wolff
"

A world past the ashes

"

The wind blew gently and brushed against the spring grass. Peace, and beauty spread like a blanket over the plains. This is my land, my home, my nation.

Prologue

Jacob

 

  The lands once known as the Americas are no more. Mountains devastated, lakes and rivers contaminated. The once great nations have fallen, and all that remains are the memories held by the “Great Ones”. There is no law, no order… Earth fell into disarray. Clans have been forming on the eastern coasts. They claim they have plans to bring back the life our ancestors once had. We don’t know if they are capable or not… some claim it’s just a plot to give false hope and slowly take over. Bounty hunters in titanium super suits from the 29th century search the coasts in hopes of exterminating these clans. They are sent by an infamous group in the mid-Americas, who are known for their merciless tactics… Gartronica. The hunters are sent out of fear…. Gartronica views these clans as a threat to their empire. No one stands a chance against Gartronica… no one…

  My name is Jacob, and I am one of the final descendants of the fallen nation of Pharonx. I’m a clan parasite. I make my living by hopping from clan to clan, posing as a friend and over the course of time I feed from them… weakening them. I take over and steal their resources, after slaughtering them all. Believe me, it makes me sick to my stomach, but I have no choice. It’ how I survive.

  Pharonx flourished in the 27th century. It was home to some of the greatest minds and revolutionary inventions. We thrived and developed until the 31st century… when Gartronica was formed. They were power hungry and wanted our latest discovery for themselves. Pharonx leader of science, Apox Nelson… learned to change an atom of one type… to another. That led to high productions of any metal or gas you could ever need. Gartronica was not to be stopped. They wanted to have that ability for themselves, and did whatever it took. They burned our buildings, slit our leader’s throats, and gassed out the residential homes… They publically tortured Apox until he broke, then decapitated him with a guillotine, and grinned as his blood splattered across the faces of the civilians. They won. We couldn’t fight back. As they left, they sent out drones to burn the remaining citizens. After that, Gartronica rose to power, and billions of lives were soon to be claimed over the next few centuries.

  Gartronica began in the 31st century and was brought to be by Jacros Mertico… The first “Great One”. He had the ambition to mold the world into his form, thinking he would better the world. He accumulated followers, who were willing to die for the sake of him. Over the course of 23 years, his army and technologies were off the charts. He began his attack on a few, small lands, just to strike fear into areas through the Americas. By 3087, Jacros and his legions took their advances upon the city of Pharonx.

 

 

 



© 2016 Chase Wolff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 9, 2016
Last Updated on December 9, 2016


Author

Chase Wolff
Chase Wolff

Sioux City, IA



About
ΩConlanger, attempting to flourish in a foreign world.Ω more..

Writing
Phonology Phonology

A Chapter by Chase Wolff