Part one, Chapter Two

Part one, Chapter Two

A Chapter by Phillitup

"Are you saying it can't be true?" Michelle sobbed, her face turned away.
"Scene!" Her drama teacher, Mr. Lowski shouted. "Great job Michelle."
She smiled to herself, running off the stage. She swiped at her face, making sure that she wasn't actually crying. She had reason, plenty. Michelle tucked her thoughts away for later, walking over to a front row seat. She slung her bag over a shoulder. As she left the theatre, she thought of what she had to do. Clean my room, write a play for tomorrow, math homework, practice piano. Her thoughts were interrupted by the laughing of two boys. Michelle stopped, stepping behind a column right as she was reaching the courtyard.
"Did you ask her yet?"
"Huh?" She peered out. The two boys were wearing soccer jerseys and football jackets on top. One was the quarterback, Brandon. All the girls fell for his "good looks". Michelle didn't buy it. Beside Brandon was goalie of the soccer team, Josh. Michelle blushed, turning on her heel to walk the other way.
"Natalie, to the dance?" She turned back. She had some time before she HAD to go home, right?
"Oh! Not yet, I don't know man. She's probably got others lined up around town to ask." Josh thumped Brandon on the back.
"Yeah, sure."
"Have you asked anyone?" Michelle gripped the strap of her bag tightly.
"Nope. I'm waiting for the right time, and girl." Brandon cracked a smile. It was obvious he was enjoying this.
"Who?"
Josh stopped in his tracks. "I gotta go."
"What?"
"Yeah." Josh started heading in Michelle's direction. She gripped the bag harder and turned to run away. Her right foot stumbled over a rock on the sidewalk, tripping. She fell, spilling her things everywhere. The concrete stung her palms, they felt like they were bleeding. Her bag fell, its contents spilling out onto the sidewalk. She heard shouts and then saw the boys. Josh's face was red, flustered, cute. Brandon...well, just Brandon.
"Are you okay?" Josh asked as he saw the mess. Michelle tried to sit up, stunned.
"Uh..."
"What happened?!" Brandon shouted.
"I was walking to my car from the auditorium and I tripped."
Josh started to smile. "On what?"
Michelle scrambled to grab the close by rock. She held it up. Brandon nodded.
"Your an actress?"
Michelle nodded. Josh reached his hand down to her. "I'm sorry you fell, hope you're okay. I'm Josh."
"I know..." He reached his hand back up to himself.
"What?"
"Well, your the goalie for the boys soccer team...I go to your games."
Josh, accepting the explanation, gave her his hand again. She accepted it, blushing. Brandon coughed.
"I'm on the team too."
"I know. I'm a trained goalie so I tend not to watch defenders like you."
The boys met eyes. She guessed that they thought she was creepy. She saw them smile. Curious. She bent down to get her things but they beat her to it. They scooped it into her bag, handing it to her.
"I'm Michelle."
Josh smiled. "Nice to meet you."
"Yeah."
Michelle headed across the courtyard, grinning uncontrollably. As she drove home, she couldn't stop thinking of his smile.



© 2012 Phillitup


Author's Note

Phillitup
I know my chapters are short, feel free to ask any questions you might have...sorry for such a short chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Her right foot stumbled over a rock on this sidewalk, tripping." 'this' should be 'the' in this sentence.
"I'm sorry you fell, hope your okay. I'm Josh." 'your' should be 'you're' in thsi sentence. These are my only two corrections for you :)
Another good chapter, adding another intriguing character to the mix.
I don't mind the short chapters for some stories. If I'm busy it is easier when the chapters are short so, I have time to read and review them all in one sitting.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phillitup

11 Years Ago

Thank!s! I changed them!



Reviews

"Her right foot stumbled over a rock on this sidewalk, tripping." 'this' should be 'the' in this sentence.
"I'm sorry you fell, hope your okay. I'm Josh." 'your' should be 'you're' in thsi sentence. These are my only two corrections for you :)
Another good chapter, adding another intriguing character to the mix.
I don't mind the short chapters for some stories. If I'm busy it is easier when the chapters are short so, I have time to read and review them all in one sitting.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phillitup

11 Years Ago

Thank!s! I changed them!
This was really good! Michelle seems lovely.
Is it Brandon who is asking Natalie to the dance?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phillitup

11 Years Ago

Yes it is Brandon
s y e

11 Years Ago

Ah ok. Sorry bout that :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 22, 2012


Author

Phillitup
Phillitup

FL



About
I am 14-years-old. I find inspiration all over the place: memories, ideas, things I notice. I like believing in things that others find impossible. I think that's the way I hope for a better future. .. more..

Writing