Charlie Hebdo

Charlie Hebdo

A Poem by Baby Ricochet
"

A tribute for the victims and for the people of the city of Paris. One of the greatest cities in the world.

"
The prophet avenged 
by another senseless slaughter 
But the city of lights 
kept burning 


© 2015 Baby Ricochet


Author's Note

Baby Ricochet
Parisians are like Newyorkers. You can't scare them. You just piss them off

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

as a Muslim myself, I'm completely against what those terrorists have committed, though I consider that the drawings are very offensive because they do not reflect our prophet's acts, they reflect what have the extremists have done to our religion as they tarnish its reputation, not much is still to say that the subject goes beyond a drawing and self expression and religion, it is what it is now and I know i represent the minority of muslims that do understand the true values of our religion, but unfortunately the picture looks pretty daunting from another non-muslim perspective, and I can understand that.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

thanks for stopping by
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.



Reviews

You say it all is just a few well crafted words. This was great BR.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you WillWeb
as a Muslim myself, I'm completely against what those terrorists have committed, though I consider that the drawings are very offensive because they do not reflect our prophet's acts, they reflect what have the extremists have done to our religion as they tarnish its reputation, not much is still to say that the subject goes beyond a drawing and self expression and religion, it is what it is now and I know i represent the minority of muslims that do understand the true values of our religion, but unfortunately the picture looks pretty daunting from another non-muslim perspective, and I can understand that.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

thanks for stopping by
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.
Super write Baby - well done!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

thank you anto
Thank you for the photo. We can allow fear to overtake us. Time for us to keep the unwanted out of free countries. If you want to live in a Muslim country. Fine. Stay home and leave the free people alone. I'm tire of the coward acts of violence.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

thank you coyote
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Well written ..great tribute for France...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you Fran
I daresay, the pun between prophet and profit slaughtered was quite a clever one that works together quite nicely. A prophet, a profit, both avenged by another senseless slaughter, as you put. What really brings this piece together isn't the pun (although that accents the piece cleverly), but the statement in the end. Still, the city of lights burns on despite these senseless actions, despite blood having been shed for the most senseless reasons.

This truly is one of the best tributes to the tragedy I have read, so far. Well done, truly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks Tai
An excellent tribute, Mark.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

thank you Rita
Well said and well posted...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

thanks chris
True words and I sincerly hate that all of this is going on in the world
Why the heck do they do that? what do they win?
I doesn't make sense and yet there are people killing their own race...


Posted 9 Years Ago


Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thanks Lizardo
Amazing tribute and representation of speech. You are amazing for putting this out there.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Baby Ricochet

9 Years Ago

Thank you keegan

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1052 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2015

Author

Baby Ricochet
Baby Ricochet

Tampa, FL



About
I write just for the hell of it A way to spend some time Blurting out in cyber space Whatever's on my mind Maybe funny maybe tragic Emotional and raw Politi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil