Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Danii Esparza

"well... here you are... have a nice day, call me if you need anything okay?" my dad looked over to me as he parked right in front of my brand new high school. "Everything is ready Pao... all you need to do is go into the attendance office and get your class schedule and map in case you get lost" my dad had made sure this transition was somehow easier and I loved him for all the details he always seemed to sort out. "I'll be okay dad, thank you for everything I love you." I grabbed my book bag and got out of the car "hey do you think it's okay if I walk home today? I wouldn't want to be waiting too long for you to get off work..." he looked at me with a slight grin, "Sure bubs, see you later then" I watched as his silver SUV vanished in the distance, Somehow when my dad called me 'bubs' I felt like everything was back to normal.
 I walked through the giant doors of my new school Lincoln High and I pretended to know where I was going but I couldn't find the attendance office. I felt so many eyes on me and I couldn't help but to keep my head down and just try to navigate my way around hoping to find the place. "Hey! I love your shirt! Is that an original?" I picked my head up to find a very pretty blonde girl in front of me. She had gorgeous ash blonde hair than cascaded down to her ribs, mesmerizing sea water blue eyes, and an incredible thick figure. "Oh, um I'm not sure... My dad picked it up at a yard sale some years back." I felt timid to look her straight in the eyes she looked like the typical mean girl that every High school had to have. Although she didn't seem to be catty and she seemed very genuine. "I love yard sales! Are you new here? I don't think I have seen you around." she stretched her perfectly manicured hand out to me "I'm Jenna, but you can call me Jen or Jay, I respond to both" we shook hands and she seemed to never be able to stop smiling. "Im..." I thought about changing my name as part of my new identity but at the time it seemed like Paola from Florida was being born. "Paola, my name is Paola" I looked her right in the eyes and smiled. "Wow I love your name, very Spanish" she walked me over to her locker "Anyways, what does your schedule look like?" I had almost forgotten about having to go to the attendance office, "Oh I don't know actually, I was suppose to pick it up at the attendance office but I couldn't seem to find it, and then i bumped into you..." she slammed her locker shut "I'll take you come on, This place can get kind of confusing" "Thank you" I followed alongside her and for some reason she made me feel secure. 
We walked into a small little office next to the girls restroom, "Hello Mrs. Murphy, This is Paola and she's new here, sweet girl, I'll make sure she gets settled in but she needs to pick up her schedule." It seemed like Mrs. Murphy knew Jenna very well "Of course dear, welcome to Lincoln High Paola we're very excited to have you aboard" she seemed like a fairly nice woman, but maybe too old to be in charge of things like this. She handed me my schedule and she also handed a paper to Jenna "Enjoy your day" she said as she waved good-bye. 
"What did she give you?" I asked Jenna as I quickly scanned my schedule "A copy of your schedule, I need to know it so I can help you around for your first day" she seemed so concentrated examining the paper. "Great! we have two classes together. and the rest are fairly close to each other" she led me to my first class and grabbed the schedule out of my hands and jotted down a number. "Text me if you have any questions, or need a tampon or something 'kay?" she chuckled as she walked down the hall into her class. 
I found a seat and waited for the room to fill up and for class to begin. Out of the corner of my eye I could feel someone staring at me. I turned around and my eyes met the gaze of the most attractive boy I have ever seen. He had cold grey eyes, dark brown hair, perfectly chiseled features, and a set of lips as fluffy as a cloud. He clearly knew I had caught him staring yet he didn't break eye contact. I immediately felt intimidated and looked away, my heart was beating so fast I could feel it in my chair. I had to get to know him, it was like he cast a spell on me with just one look, and now I couldn't stop craving his company. Paola from Colorado would never dare to go up to a guy, especially a guy like him. He seemed dark, mean, and trouble sum; something about him scared me yet I needed him. But I'm a new person, and I was a total bad a*s. 
I decided to stand up from my seat and sit in the empty chair next to him. As I was walking over I couldn't believe what I was doing, but it was too late my body was on it's own journey and it knew exactly what it wanted to do. He looked at me the entire time which made my cheeks feel like lava. I sat down and looked at him for a second time "Hey, mind if I sit here?" I was trying so hard to be a more confident me "Sure, you're already here anyways" those were the first words I ever heard him say. His voice was low and mysterious, "Ouch" I said under my breathe and I turned around looked at the teacher who was begging to speak. 
"Welcome students to a new school year. You all are sophomores now which means you're one step closer to graduating. My name is Mrs. Hook that''s Hook H-O-O-K and I'll be you're Chemistry teacher for the year" she seemed nice and experienced which was good because chemistry was not my best subject. For the remainder of the class I couldn't seem to focus. He was a total dick yet here I am focusing on him instead of my class. "Jacob, Jacob Ryson. I heard about you from your previous teachers but I don't want to believe any of it. Let's start off right this year okay? Please put your phone away and focus on today's' lesson" Mrs. Hook was talking to the dick next to me. Jacob was his name, I was a step closer to getting to know him. The bell rang and I proceeded to gather my stuff and go on to my next class. As I was heading out the door I heard someone call out to me "Hey!" It was Jacob and my heart immediately starting pounding and my a*s clenched together "you forgot your notebook" he seemed to have no expressions and had a flat face whenever he spoke, it seemed like his lips didn't even move which made me self conscious as to if I moved my lips too much. "Oh, thanks... now I guess I don't have an excuse as to why I didn't do my homework huh?" I was trying so hard to get some sort of reaction from him. He looked at me, I could swear his eyes smiled even though his face was still motionless, "Well, make sure to send me the answers then" he proceeded to walk out of the classroom and I wasn't done talking to him so I yelled after him "How?!" he stopped and looked back at me "How do I send you the answers, Is what I meant to say" I smiled trying to be confident again "Ask any girl in school for my number, or check the restroom wall I'm sure it's there" then and only then did a smirk surface over his lips and he walked away. 


© 2017 Danii Esparza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on March 27, 2017
Last Updated on March 27, 2017


Author

Danii Esparza
Danii Esparza

El Paso, TX



About
Avid writer, reader, and romance junkie. more..

Writing