Let The Darkness In

Let The Darkness In

A Poem by Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

 

 

Let the darkness take over your heart.

 

Let it in ~

 

Let the darkness seep in to your skin.

 

Let it consume you~

 

Let the darkness devour your soul.

 

Let it take you~

 

Let the demon control the mind.

 

Let him have you~

 

 

Give in to sin.

Feel it~

Give in to hatred.

Consume it~

Give in to aggression.

Fight it~

Give in to complete solitude.

Accept it~

 

Follow the darkened path ,

to a life of loneliness and

desolation.

Give in to all your desires,

Let its evil embrace you.

For once you have traveled

 Down it’s road,

You may never find your way back.

 

 

© 2008 Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

poetry with a moral twist - very creative. I kept waiting for the positives of giving into the darkness - as that seemed to be where the path was leading - then you throw the twist in at the end - bringing a warning to the words - transforming the work altogether. very nice job.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

its beauty lies in the contradiction. i like the psychological game you play here. i thought of it all as a warning about darkness not just the end. it even sucks every joy one would have had when surrendering to darkness.
i also loved the structure, not much emphasis on a regular rhyme scheme but the rhythm was enough, making it lyrical and attractive.
beautiful!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow, this is absolutely verbally gorgeous. I can almost feel the shadows and darkness seeping out of the words and out of the screen!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Thi was a cheerful little voyage into the lighter side of life. Of course, I'm joking. I think the author is possibly insane. However, in her insanity lies brilliance. An excellent poem. I particularly thought that the transition from the first to the second was impressive for want of a better word.

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow, Diana, this is beautifulyl written, and fully dark and sensuous,
What I enjoyed most is the passion and consistant feeling,
what I enjoyed the least, form and the ..~.. punctuating the lines.
the poem itself is sweeping, I love where this take the reader.
Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think you described the feeling of not only darkness but temptation very well.
It sounds like the evil part of a human soul trying to convince itself into darkness. Good job. :]

Posted 15 Years Ago


I liked the ending alot.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kit
a very nicely done and creative piece of work. I like this new format you've created, very nice, has a kind of flow that makes you really look at the words. a great piece that makes you reflect that there is no light without dark...

Posted 15 Years Ago


True. And written nicely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love it!! I have traveled down a darkened path before. I was lucky enough to find my way back, Once, Twice, Three and More times over>? The way you wrote this is intoxicating. It makes you Want to take your hand and be led down an angry, darkened path you speak of. At the same time, it shows this path may not be the best one to take. Morally confusing= what life is anyway. I really love it, and enjoyed it very much so. Keep up the twisted writing that gets into one's soul and mind, and has them thinking and feeling. (What more can you ask from a piece?)

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a naughty joyful dance this is, delightful! I agree with the comment before about the stark directive quality of the stop and go line style...Well Done!


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1827 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on March 9, 2008
Last Updated on March 9, 2008

Author

Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!
Diana Owen Busy with Life BBS!

FL



About
I am a 36 year old married female.. My passion is to write. My genre is mostly in paranormal, paranormal romances and fantasy fiction. I have three wonderful children (Danyale 19- Josh 16 and Kymb.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..