Consume

Consume

A Chapter by Doctor Deathstab
"

Another story written some time ago under a different pen name.

"

Michael James Smith III was a typical twenty-something-year-old. He attended college and majored in pharmacy, listened to rock and roll, and sought excitement to relieve him of his boredom. Lately, life had gotten monotonous for Michael. School was an ongoing barrage of lectures and tests. None of the girls in his entire school were pretty or fun to be with. And all of the guys seemed too preppy for him to hang out with. When Michael got home he had to listen to his father constantly preaching about studying, getting good grades, and becoming somebody after graduation. The truth was that he was already somebody, someone who sought stimulation. Little did he know that he would get his wish.
Michael woke up on a Friday morning expecting it to be a normal day. After rubbing the eye boogers from the corners of his eyes he reached for the remote that activated his stereo. Music helped to get him going in the morning; that and a shower. Michael slowly walked into the bathroom adjoined to his bedroom and turned on the hot water. Steam rose from the shower floor and he got in and let scolding jets of water hit his face. He didn’t care. He dreaded going downstairs and eating breakfast with his father. Perhaps he could buy a sub from the Subway near the school. Being at school an hour and a half early would be better than listening to his dad drone on about how Michael should always make straight A’s. When he was done with his shower Michael put on a pair of black medical scrubs and grabbed his bookbag.
“I have to meet some people for a study group,” he told his father once he got downstairs. Before he could get a response Michael was out of the door. He hated lying to his dad but found it necessary on occasion.
An hour and a half later Michael sat at his desk twirling his pen with his fingers. The instructor was still preparing for his lecture and students were still trickling in. a new person caught his eye. The man was a little over six feet, had tanned skin, black hair, and hazel eyes. When the newcomer caught Michael staring at him he grinned. Michael quickly looked away, pretending to be interested in his pen.
“Is this seat taken,” said a voice beside him. The voice belonged to the new student. He had a strange accent.
“No,” Michael said. “No one usually sits here.”
“I’m Steven,” the new guy said while holding out his right hand.
Michael shook it. “I’m Michael.”
Class went on like usual. The teacher lectured and asked questions. Steven seemed to know the answer to all of them. When they had to work in groups Michael and Steven paired off. As they worked together Michael found out that Steven’s father was a doctor and his mother was a chemist.
“A pharmacist is a bit of both,” Steven said. “So that is why I’m here. I transferred from another college.”
“Why,” Michael asked.
There was a moment of hesitation. “Better classes,” was all Steven said. Michael liked Steven. He didn’t seem boring like the other guys. Steven was friendly, smart, and interesting. After class Steven turned to Michael.
“I’m having a party at my place. You should come.”
“Well, I have to study for the test Monday.”
Steven gave him a funny look. “It’s the weekend. Besides, I’ll help you study for the drug test later.”
Did Michael really want to go home to his dad? No. Was Michael really in the mood to study? No. This could be a chance for some fun and excitement. He’d be crazy to pass up an invitation like this. “I’ll follow you to your place in my car,” Michael said.
It was a fifty mile drive to Steven’s place. After turning off of the highway Michael followed Steven down back roads he didn’t know existed. Finally, they came upon an electronic gate. With a remote Steven opened the gate and both young men drove in. the property was huge and surrounded by trees. It was almost another half mile drive before Steven and Michael got to the house. It was a white, two storey house with many sliding glass doors and a fountain in the front. Unknown to Michael, it also had a wine cellar equipped with numerous kinds of spirits from numerous years.
“As you can see,” Steven began when they both got out of their cars, “my parents are very lucrative. They are out of town most of the time, so I’m usually here with the maid to keep me company. She’s gone home for the day.”
Steven opened the door and both young men stepped inside. “The kitchen is down the hall to your left,” Steven said, pointing. “Feel free to grab something to drink and snack on. I’ll be right back.”
Michael opened up the huge refrigerator. There was an assortment of juices and wines. In the back of the refrigerator were some dark bottles marked Sangria. Michael chose some apple juice. When he went looking for a cup to drink out of all they seemed to have was expensive crystal glasses. How eccentric the rich could sometimes be. When Michael went to put the juice away he noticed Steven in the kitchen doorway just staring at him.
“How long have you been there,” Michael asked.
“Not long.”
“You freaked me out.”
Steven grinned in response. “It isn’t going to be a big party,” he said, changing the subject. “It’s just something small and exclusive. I invited two girls I met at the mall for pizza and a few movies.”
Steven went to the freezer part of the refrigerator and took out two frozen pizzas. He turned on the over and began to unwrap them. Then he put them on a metal sheet and slid them into the oven.
“Have you ever taken drugs,” Steven asked Michael.
“No.”
“Well, ecstasy is a schedule I drug that comes in a pill form with a variety of symbols or logos on it. It’s very common among ravers. They take it because it increases energy and heightens one’s sensuality. However, ecstasy use can lead to cardiovascular failure among other things. My parents work to create safe drug alternatives. Ecstasy is just one of the drugs they’re studying. After learning many things from my parents I created my own version of it.” Steven held in his hand a tiny blue pill with a happy face on it. “I just took one. Here’s one for you.”
Michael looked at the pill. Why should he take anything concocted by this guy? He just met Steven today, and the guy turns out to be a mad scientist. But he did say something about safe drug alternatives. That meant cool effects without the consequences. Michael took the pill and swallowed it with his juice. “We’re going to have fun when those girls arrive,” he said.
Michael sat in the living room watching cartoons on the flatscreen television in front of him. He was beginning to feel strange, like his sense of perception was becoming warped. But the change was so subtle that he wasn’t quite sure if it was his imagination or not. Just then Steven walked in with two gorgeous girls by his side. One was blonde with blue eyes. She looked about 5’8” and had an athletic build. Cheerleader came to Michael’s mind. The other was brunette with grey eyes. She was slightly shorter, pale, and thin but not anorexic.
“This is Kelly,” Steven said gesturing toward the blonde, “and Tanya.” He tilted his head in the direction of the other young woman. “Kelly and I are going to get the pizzas in the kitchen. Make yourself at home Tanya.”
Tanya planted herself on the couch extremely close to Michael. She didn’t seem shy at all. Michael’s heart began to beat faster. He felt a little light headed and thirsty. The drugs or the girl, or both were affecting him.
“What’s your name,” Tanya inquired.
“M-Michael,” he stammered.
“You’re very handsome.”
“You’re really pretty.”
“Have you ever been kissed before?”
Michael was dying of thirst and a strange sense of hunger by now. His vision blurred slightly. The sensation was horrible and difficult to define. He leaned in as if to kiss Tanya’s neck. She giggled when his lips touched her soft flesh, then he sunk his teeth into her. Tanya started to ask him to stop when he got too rough. When she desperately tried to fight back Michael only became more aggressive. He bit away a huge chunk of meat. Michael lapped at the blood that squirted from the gash in her neck. It had an exotic, metallic taste to it. Eventually Tanya died. Blood was everywhere; on the couch, on Michael’s clothes, and on his hands. Tanya’s face was frozen in a distorted look of pain and fear.
“Bravo,” Steven said as he clapped. He was standing in the living room doorway. “A good first kill.” He too was covered in blood.
“What have you done to me,” Michael asked angrily. He grabbed Steven by the collar of his shirt in a threatening manner.
Steven just laughed. “A small side effect of my drug is the irresistible urge to cannibalize others. Don’t worry though, my maid will clean up the mess.”



 



© 2009 Doctor Deathstab


Author's Note

Doctor Deathstab
I wrote this around the same time that I wrote "The Journal."

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I Love this story! The ending is a little abrupt. Perhaps a little more macabre description is in order...does he eat her flesh only or is he drinking her blood too? a little twist on vampire and zombie instead of only a cannibal...you could make it more sensual too...he bites her, which makes her crazy for him...etc. There are many ways you could add to and not take away from the base idea of the story, without doing much work, or editing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I Love this story! The ending is a little abrupt. Perhaps a little more macabre description is in order...does he eat her flesh only or is he drinking her blood too? a little twist on vampire and zombie instead of only a cannibal...you could make it more sensual too...he bites her, which makes her crazy for him...etc. There are many ways you could add to and not take away from the base idea of the story, without doing much work, or editing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think that the ending, was a little too quick. But that's just an opinion. Other than that i enjoyed this story as well as the one before. I can't wait to read more.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2009


Author

Doctor Deathstab
Doctor Deathstab

DE



About
I am a new breed of poet. I write what I feel and don't give a damn what others think. I am vulgar at times, but my thinking ability goes deeper than obscenities. (Did I spell that right?) So read bet.. more..

Writing