Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by courtney

 "We are three sisters here for reasons unknown.
Forever one for three is all we've known.
Apart we hold, but together we are strong.
We are the daughters of Diana"

    Feet shuffled hastily through the forest painted orange by the light of torches. Three women ran trying to make their way to the place chosen predestine for them to be. Shouts of "find them" arose from all around them. "What are we to do." said one woman. "We must separate ‘tis the only way to lose those whom hunt us." said another “Nay we mustn’t we be more powerful together." said the third. "Aye but if we stay tagether we surely die tagether we must part. Ye know where ta meet I love the." The second said.
    They all began to cry tears running down cheeks. They embraced in a death grip terrified this would be the last time they would ever see each other again. Separating they ran in different directions North, East, and the last running West while being hunted from the South. Lightning suddenly struck the ground where the three women once stood, temporarily stalling the ones who hunted them. Moments later, rain began to fall gently at first mixing with the tears of fear and dread on the sisters faces. Suddenly in a horrific frenzy of pain and torment the rain started coming down in veils soaking the girls making the cloths they wore heavy. 


      Wind gushing in all directions, lightening striking the sky, and the rain itself slowed the hunters down, but sadly also the sisters. It was hard to see. Hard to run. Yet none of the women would or could give up. If one of them died it was like killing them all. The fires of the torches were now extinguished giving the three a better advantage. They wove through trees changing directions trying in all attempts to cover their tracks.  They were close now; so close to the cliff of the goddess when the weight of being apart for so long started to weaken the young women. They felt as if they couldn't go on yet at the same time were energized by the need to be in each others presence once more. The demons gained on one of the three. As she tripped over a branch, the demon saw his chance. In mid run the ugly beast doffed his human form, jumped up into the air, and readied himself for the kill. The woman turned just in time to see how she would die. Out of instinct she held up her hands and wished for her sisters; wish they wouldn't blame her for there down fall. It seemed like everything faded away and went into slow motion. Her palms starting to heat like the sun itself was radiating from under her skin. Suddenly  a bright white light burst out of her hands disincarnating the demon in mind air. Shocked and relieved of what had just happened the woman didn't question it just got up and kept running toward where her sisters would be waiting for her with love and comfort. 


      The three all arrived at the same time running toward each other
embracing once again; knowing that this was the end that it was over." We couldna' evade 'em we're doomed!!" one of the three proclaimed and so they stood there a huge jagged cliff shielding them from the rain but not of what was to come. They were cornered and they new it was there fault. If they had to go they would gladly leave this world together. Hands' clutching each others in fear for the demons were now upon them and soon death would surly is upon them also. 


      The demons started walking toward the three women ever so slowly there teeth bore in there true demon forms all different colors with black shapes and figures around there eyes. The leader of them pointed his sickly long figure nail at the women “prepare to die daughters of Diana" he said in a raspy voice. in response the woman in the middle whom had her head down now looked up at him her eyes burning with hatred and said " nay we shall na've die bye yer hand but by o'r own" she squeezed her sisters hands to reassure them . They all closed there eyes and began to hum. 
 

     The hum quickly went into a chant " We are three sisters here for reasons unknown forever one. For three is all we have known apart we hold, but together we are strong. We are the daughters of Diana" They finished their chant each of the women was engulfed by a different color flame. The woman on the left a blue flame one the right a purple and the one in the middle a bright red flame. The woman in the middle snapped her eyes open and the demons saw her eyes change from the dark green they naturally were to blood red " we shall return and rid the world of all evil beings". 
 

     Lighten struck a tree causing it to fall in the exact spot the three women were standing. Except when the tree hit the ground the woman were no longer there. The demons searched for weeks straight but there was no trace left of the three women not even marks left bye the flames that engulfed them. To this very day no one knows what really happened to the daughters of Diana. All we know is that one day they would return to rid the world of all evil. That day has come.



© 2009 courtney


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, didn't realize I never commented on this. o.o

Anyway, it's a good start and it's very interesting (although I've probably already pretty much told you this when you made the rp lol). You just need to break it up into paragraphs.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on December 31, 2008
Last Updated on December 16, 2009


Author

courtney
courtney

meridian, MS



About
Hi my names Courtney. As of right now i'm a senor in highschool while taking college algebra. I have a wonderful boyfriend who supports me in everything i do. more..

Writing
!ESCAPE! !ESCAPE!

A Poem by courtney