Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by courtney

     She was cold, her eye lids to heavy to open. All around her there was complete silence. Where am I?  how did this happen? Who am I? questions flew through her mind none of which she could answer. There was a whispered name in her mind. Autumn? Autumn? Was that me? It must be who else could the name be for if not me? Autumn was so cold her limbs so stiff and painful. Surely she would die out here, where ever here was, if she didn’t at least try to get help. 


     Slowly with every bit of strength and will power autumn possessed she opened her eyes and sat up. Their were trees surrounding her. “ What now?” she asked herself trying to test her voice and getting up from the cold wet ground. Autumn began walking she had no clue where she was heading or what she would do. All she could tell was she needed to head in this direction as if some unknown force was guiding her.


      Autumn didn’t know how long she had been walking when she herd some kind of music being played on an instrument she couldn’t quite place. “ Thank god I’m saved” she thought to herself as she began running toward the music and the glow of a warm fire. The closer she go the louder the music was , and the louder the music the faster she ran through the trees and over  the hard ground of the forest. Their was a pain in autumn side that told her to stop , yet she wouldn’t stop running. She couldn’t slow down couldn’t stop until she found the people or person that could help her. 


     Suddenly she ran into something so sturdy that it knocked her flat on her butt. Looking up she saw the most amazing looking man. He had to have been at least six feet, and had bronzed skin that stretch out over his bulging muscles. His hair was long , black and held together bay a piece of fabric at the base of his neck,  the man’s presence along with his clothing had the look and feel of a Highland warrior. The warrior stared at autumn for awhile before helping her to her feet and speaking. “ Who be ye? And wha’ ye doing in me woods and nude at tha’?” It was hard for Autumn to understand what this man was saying exactly but when she heard the nude part of it she looked down and quickly tried to cover herself with her small hands. the effort was almost impossible. So she just kinda curled herself using her legs and
knees to cover her most intimate parts from this familar stranger. 

 

     "Aye lass ye did not know ye be nude? Here let me help ye" He said laughing somewhat at her and covering her with some kind of cape. "Who are you?" She asked the tall man infront of her as she stood up and wraped the cloakish cape around her small frame. It hung low and dragged on the ground. "Robert the Bruce be my born name along with the title of chief of the Urquhart clan of Scotland but ye can call me Byran lass. Yet the real question be who be ye young lass?" The young chieftain told her. "I'm not quiet sure. Actually I think my name is Autumn and that I dont think i'm from around her but thats all I know" She told Byran wondering what she was going to do and how she was going to find herself again. Autumn might have not known who exactly she was, but she did know she lived in a different time from this man. Where ever that might be she had no real clue but she was determined to find out.


     What happened to her to bring her back to this place and time and the bigger question why was she brought  here?

 



© 2009 courtney


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yep, like Kayla said, you're writing is great. I definitely like the dialect Bryan uses. It makes the read interesting and everyone knows that people with accents are cool. XP

Posted 15 Years Ago


Your writing is really great. I haven't found anything that could need to be corrected.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 17, 2009
Last Updated on December 16, 2009


Author

courtney
courtney

meridian, MS



About
Hi my names Courtney. As of right now i'm a senor in highschool while taking college algebra. I have a wonderful boyfriend who supports me in everything i do. more..

Writing
!ESCAPE! !ESCAPE!

A Poem by courtney