AR- Chapter 4

AR- Chapter 4

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

Enjoy!

"

4

Town of Evergreen Terrace

Part 2

                Asumi awoke a couple of hours later. She noticed that Hoshida’s tiny soul was coming out from her blade. A worried look was written on her face. Asumi sat up on the bed that she was lying on. She rubbed her eyes. She had forgotten what happened. She still felt tired, but she knew she wouldn’t be getting back to sleep anytime soon. “What happened?”

                “You fell asleep, Asumi,” Hoshida said. She was still giving her master a worried look.

                “It’s been a while since I slept this long,” Asumi responded while getting off the bed. She went into the bathroom to fix her hair before she left. She wanted to look presentable to the outside world. Asumi was feeling a lot better since she had gotten some sleep. Hoshida’s little soul followed her into the bathroom.

                “I know…I’m just glad you slept,” she responded. Hoshida wasn’t going to mention that she heard Asumi cry. She knew that her master hadn’t even realized that she had cried. Asumi was out of it because she was still thinking of memories of that day. She started to wonder again when she was going to find that man.

                She knew that he was the most wanted criminal in the world. How many other people has he killed? She knew that Akio wasn’t the only one. What made him the way he was? She never really looked up information on him. The only thing she knew was that she wanted revenge. She wanted that monster in the grave. That wasn’t too much to ask, was it?

                Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard her master’s door open. She went into the bedroom, grabbed her sword, and went into the kitchen to see who it was. When she entered the kitchen she jumped in front of the intruder and held the sword up to his throat. He jumped back and hit his head on the wall. The bags that he was holding fell out of his hands. Asumi wasn’t even looking up to see if it was her master or a burglar. “Ah! Asumi, you scared me!”

                She heard her master’s voice and her face went red. “Oh, I’m sorry, Master; I thought you were a burglar!”

                She helped him up and she noticed a bump was starting to form on his head. Asumi went into his bathroom and got the healing cream he had developed. It worked faster than any other ointment in the world. She rubbed the ointment on his head.

                “Oh thanks, darling, why would I try to steal anything from my own house?” he said with sarcasm in his tone. He picked up the bags that he dropped. It was filled with herbs, rice, and meat to cook dinner with and to make more of the ointment. “Why don’t you stay for dinner tonight?”

                “Sure, I would love to! I love your cooking! I am not that great a cooking. I wish I had learned before my mother died,” Asumi said. Her shoulders slumped, her face fell, and she looked at the ground. She hadn’t thought about her mother in years. She tried not to think of her past much. Her master put his hand on her shoulder.

                Asumi did start to learn how to cook when she was younger. She used all the old cookbooks that her mother had in her closet. Asumi wanted to be able to cook for her own family when she was older. She always had assumed she was going to marry Akio.

                Asumi’s master went to cooking the meat he bought from the shop up the street. Asumi knew that the herbs he had to travel a little further for. There was a bridge that he had to cross to get the herbs. She also knew the herbs for the ointment he had to search for. She learned how to make the ointment so she could put it in the medicine compartment of her sword.

                “Master, I have a question,” Asumi asked him.

                “You can ask me anything you would like too,” he said.

                “What is your real name?” she asked him blushing. He gave her a shocked look, tripped over something and fell backwards on his head. Asumi sighed and went back to the medicine cabinet to get more ointment. She cleaned up his head again. She knew that her master was clumsy, but she didn’t think he was that clumsy.

                “My real name is Amidamaru. You can call me that if you like. You really don’t have to call me Master. You just always have and it always stuck. I don’t really like being called Master anyways,” he said giving her a smile. She looked at him in annoyance and folded her arms over her chest.

                “You should have just told me your name before then,” Asumi exclaimed! He smiled lightly and patted her on the head.

                “You never asked me for my name. You called me master from day one. I am twenty-four. You can call me whatever you like as I said before. Now let me get dinner done so we can eat tonight,” he said while cleaning the meat. He cut it and put seasoning on it.

                Asumi just sat at the table in a daze. She was going to set off on her journey tomorrow. She just wanted to know if he was going to accompany her.  She was going to ask Amidamaru to come along with her. He could help her train some more as she searches for Akio’s killer. He could help her with her skills and they could train in any town they went to.

                When dinner was done they ate in silence. Asumi hated silence, but she didn’t know what kind of conversation to start up with him. She really did wish she knew what kinds of things she could talk to people about. She was secretive when it came down to it. Amidamaru knew that she didn’t like to talk about her past much. Asumi knew that she could tell him anything. She considered Amidamaru her friend…like she did with Hoshida.

                “Master Amidamaru, I just want to know if you consider me a friend now,” Asumi said in a sad tone. She hadn’t had a friend in a long time. She knew she had Hoshida, but she was a sword and not a human. Hoshida did have a human form, but she hardly used it. She knew that Hoshida wanted to stay a sword most of the time.

                “Of course I do, honey. I have known you for a couple of years now. I don’t consider you just a student. We do have a student/master bond that could never be broken, but I do consider you a friend as well. Actually more like a daughter,” he responded. He pulled Asumi into a hug. She felt so warm when she was in his arms. Her head was on his chest and she could feel tears starting to form in her eyes. She hadn’t felt this close to anyone in a long time. Asumi was glad that she had found a friend in her master.  



© 2014 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the relationship between Asumi and the spirit inside her blade. It's really refreshing. Poor Asumi. I just feel so bad.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Yes! Me too and I wrote this!
^^ This great. I love the emotion and further exploration of Asumi and Hoshida as well as the Master. Enjoyed. Truly. xo

Posted 9 Years Ago


Angie Diane♥♥

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review :)
I am glad you enjoyed~

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 4, 2014
Last Updated on June 4, 2014


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing