STMH Chapter 2

STMH Chapter 2

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

Chapter 2

Blake

            “Hey, Charlotte, are you going to go with me to the game next week?”

            “Yeah, yeah,” Charlotte rolls her eyes at me. She is not as big of a fan of volleyball as I am. I really am contemplating about joining the girl’s team. I’m not sure yet though. I think it’s kind of too late for me to now.  

            “Cool, I’m excited to see the boy’s play. The team they are going to be versing is pretty strong,” I say in an excited tone.

            “You have been telling me for a week now, girl,” Charlotte says and shoots me a glare. I giggle at her expression. That lightens her up a little. She finally smiles at me.

            “I know, I know, I’m sorry. I really am just excited to see the game. I hope our boys are able to beat Thompson this year. I know they had trouble versing them last year. Plus, these games are the last games for the seniors. I want to see them beat Thompson at least once,” I reply.

            “This is very true. I still can’t believe that we’re seniors.”

            “Me either!”

            “By the way, Blake, we should totally get our nails done after school today,” Charlotte says.

            “Alright, we’ll go, I know I owe you,” I reply.

            “Yes! Meet me at the car after school!”

            Charlotte loves getting her hair and nails done. I don’t mind getting my nails done every once in a while. Charlotte is a girly girl and I’m somewhat of a tomboy. We get along very well. This afternoon is going to be tons of fun. Can’t wait to spend the afternoon with my best friend.

~

            After classes are over, I meet up with Charlotte. She drives us over to her favorite nail salon. She goes to this nail salon called Candy’s Nails. I’ve been here with her a handful of times. I’m trying to decide what color I want on my nails this time.

            “Hey, this color or this one,” I ask Charlotte. I’m holding up two different shades. One of the colors is periwinkle blue and the other color is seafoam green. I really like both of the colors.

            “Hmm, I think both colors would look good on you, but I’m really digging the seafoam green,” Charlotte says. She’s getting a light pink done on her nails. I had it done last time. I wanted to try something new.

            “So, Blake, why do you want to play volleyball so bad,” Charlotte asks me.

            “Well, it’s nice playing on a team with other people, I guess. I also kind of have my eye on someone.”

            “Who would that be?”

            I nudge her shoulder with my own. “You know who I have a massive crush on.”

            “Tristan? He is pretty good looking I’ll admit,” Charlotte says.

            “Yes, and too bad he’s taken.”

            “Yes, and he’s with Marie. She’s such a jerk,” Charlotte says while rolling her eyes. “I honestly hope he finds someone better than her.”

            “I agree,” I reply.

            “Maybe, he’ll eventually leave her.”

            “I hope so...maybe I’ll have a shot with him when the time comes.”

            Charlotte smiles at me. “It’s always so fun talking about boys with you.”

            I roll my eyes at her. Whenever Charlotte and I hang out, we talk mostly about boys we’re interested in. I can tell Charlotte is interested in Axel. She tries to pretend she’s not. I catch her sneaking glances at him whenever I force her to go to a game.

            I change the subject. “Hey, Char, do you want to come over today?”

            “Yeah, sure. Let’s watch a movie or something?”

            “Sounds good.”

~

            “What movie should we watch tonight?”

            “What are you in the mood for?”

            Charlotte shrugs and I sigh. We usually can never agree on what to watch. Charlotte is into sappy romance comedies while I love superhero movies. The only movies we can usually agree on are Disney movies. “How about a Disney movie?”

            “Hmm...sure, but which one should we watch...”

            “Maybe Beauty and the Beast?”

            “Sounds good.”

            While the movie is playing my mind starts drifting to Tristan. I sigh. I really wish that Tristan was single. I can see how great of a guy he is.

            “What are you thinking about,” Charlotte asks me.

            “Do you really have to ask that question?”

            “You’re thinking about Tristan, aren’t you? You seem to really like him a lot. Have you ever actually spoken to him before,” Charlotte asks me with a small smile on her face. She knows I haven’t. I tend to not talk to boys with girlfriends. Plus, I have a hard time introducing myself to other people. Charlotte is really the only person I talk to in school. We’ve been best friends since Kindergarten.

            “No, I have never spoken to him before. I just find him very attractive. He’s also very different from me. He’s more outgoing. He has a ton of friends. You know how shy I am, Char:”

            “I know, but this year, I want you to let loose and enjoy our final year of school. Make some more friends,” she responds.

            “I’ll try my best,” I say while turning my attention back to the television screen. We go back to watching the movie. To be honest, I’m relieved the conversation fell off. Charlotte has been wanting me to make more friends for years. I have been very shy since I was young. I only have one other friend aside from Charlotte. His name is Adam.

            I only hang out with Adam every once in a while. He has a girlfriend, and she gets jealous very easily. We usually include her in all of our plans. Just so she knows that he’s not cheating on her.

            “Are you going to stay the night here, Char,” I ask when the movie is over.

            “Yeah, I think I will,” she responds sadly. Charlotte hates going home most nights. Her mother and father are both heavy drinkers. They are always fighting every night. Charlotte spends a lot of nights at my house.

            “Alright, I’m going to start getting ready for bed soon. I have a math test tomorrow and I want to get as much sleep as I can,” I say.

            I get a set of my pajamas out for Charlotte. She didn’t bring anything over tonight. She usually has an extra set of pajamas in her car.

            “I’ll head to bed shortly too. I have a test tomorrow too,” she says and sticks her tongue out at me. We are in the same math class. I throw a pillow at her, and we laugh. I’m glad we had a good afternoon together. We head to bed a few minutes later.



© 2024 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was good . I have already fallen in love with the character Blake

Posted 2 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 26, 2023
Last Updated on January 28, 2024


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing