STMH Chapter 3

STMH Chapter 3

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

Chapter 3

Tristan

            I had a really hard time falling asleep last night. I had a lot running through my head. Plus, I’m also very worried about what Marie wants to talk to me about. I also have to wake up early for practice. We usually practice before and after school.

            I sigh and start getting ready for practice. Axel is already in the locker room when I arrive. He gives me a fist bump. “Hey, Axe, how’s it going?”

            “Doing alright, how about you?’

            “I can’t complain. Dad is going to try to stop drinking, I hope. I know he’s having a rough time with mom’s death,” I reply.

            “Oh, that’s great dude. I’m happy to hear that. I can tell how hard your mom’s death has been on you as well. I can’t imagine what it’s like losing a parent. You can come over my house anytime you need. My mom loves it when you come visit,” he says.  

            I nod and smile at him. “Yeah, mom’s death has been hard. Thanks dude, I’ll stop by soon.”

            The rest of the boys start to head into the locker room.

            We practice for an hour before we hit the showers.

~

            School is over and it’s almost time for practice. As I’m walking towards the gym, I see Marie. She is talking to a few of her friends. I start to walk towards her. I want to give her a hug and a kiss, but what I hear her saying stops me in my tracks.

            “I think Tristan is a really sweet guy, but I don’t think he’s the guy for me. I want to find someone I have a better connection with,” Marie says. I feel my heart plummet in my chest.

            “Girl, you’ll find someone better. I know you will. There are so many boys in this school,” her friend, Bridget says.

            “I don’t know, girl. Tristan has been really good to you. He’s a good guy. Are you sure you want to start looking again,” her friend, Melanie asks.

            Marie sighs and then smiles sadly. “I’m sure, Mel.”

            “I really don’t know if I believe you, Marie, I really don’t. I know deep down you really love Tristan. Why start looking for someone new now,” Melanie asks defending me. I don’t think any of them realize, I can hear them.

            “Oh Mel, shut up,” Bridget says while rolling her eyes.

            “No, you shut up, Bridget. You’re honestly giving Marie bad advice. I don’t think she should leave Tristan,” Melanie says. She glares at Bridget. I l

            “At the end of the day, it’s my decision,” Marie replies. “I’m going to tell him after practice today, I want to break up.”

            “No need to tell me after practice, I heard everything you said,” I say finally speaking up.

            Marie’s eyes widen and she gasps. “T-Tristan, I’m sorry...I was going to talk to you later.”

            “What? You were going to tell me I’m not good enough for you...” I say. I can feel my heart shattering into tiny pieces. I really liked Marie a lot. She was one of the brightest parts of my life.

            “No! I would never say anything like that to you,” Marie replies with a sad smile written on her face. “You’re a great man. It’s just...I’m no longer happy anymore.”

            “I never could make you happy, now could I, Marie,” I ask in a bitter tone. I look down at the floor. I’m not able to look at her anymore. Then I start to laugh, but my laugh sounds cold. “You know what? I’m glad we’re done. I’m tired of trying to make you happy all the time. I’m happy to know you don’t want me anymore. You never deserved to be with me in the first place. Find someone else you can make miserable.”

            After I say all that, I look up at her. I see tears starting to well up in her eyes. Maybe, I did go a little too far. At the moment, I really don’t care. I didn’t expect her to break it off with me. I thought the whole time we’ve been together I was making her happy. We spent a lot of time together on the weekends. I just never noticed that she was unhappy with me.

             I walk away after saying what I said to her. My heart continues to break with each step I take.

~

            My mind is all over the place. I decide to skip practice and go home. I know my head isn’t going to be in the game. I do feel bad about skipping practice. This is the first practice; I will have missed in while. Plus, I want to be alone for a while. I didn’t think that Marie breaking up with me would affect me this much.

            When I get home, Dad’s car is in the driveway. I’m a little surprised. Dad usually works until four o’clock. I walk in the house and take my shoes off at the front door. When I walk in the living room, Dad is sitting on the couch. He has a beer in his hands.

            “Hey, Dad,” I say.

            “Oh, hi,” he says.

            “Well, I’m going to go do my homework. Call me if you need anything,” I say and head to my bedroom.

            “Okay,” he says and turns the tv on. He turns on the news. I really hope that Dad doesn’t drink too much tonight.

            I go into my bedroom, throw my backpack on the floor, and collapse on my bed. So many thoughts run through my head. Was I really that bad of a boyfriend? Should I have said what I said to Marie? Should I have asked for an explanation? We had been together for a few years.

            Is it really worth it to think about it? I’m feeling more and more upset as I lay here. I think it’s time to take a nap.

            I close my eyes and let sleep find me.

~

            A few hours later, I wake up. I look at the time and see it’s already five. I can’t believe I napped for two hours straight. I need to get up to make dinner. I don’t know what to make for dinner tonight. I’m thinking about making sandwiches for us tonight. I hope Dad will actually sit down and eat with me like he did last night. I also hope he didn’t drink too much while I was napping.

            When I go into the living room, I notice that Dad has had more to drink. There are a few beer cans lying around the couch. I sigh and look at Dad. He’s actually still awake. That surprises me a little.

            “Hey Dad, are you hungry,” I ask him.

            “Y-Yeah, I-I’m h-hungry,” he says. Dad definitely drank too much again.

            “Alright, I was going to make some sandwiches for dinner. Are you okay with that,” I ask him.

            “I w-want f-fried chicken,” he says while burping. I sigh again. I actually have never fried chicken before. I usually make chicken in some sauces. I look up recipes on the internet.

            “Alright, I can go to the store to pick up some fried chicken. Did you want something on the side with it,” I ask him.

            “Mac and cheese,” he replies.

            “Alright, there are some frozen mac and cheeses in the freezer. When I get home from the store, I can heat one up for you. I will go to the store to pick up the fried chicken.”

            Dad nods and then goes to the fridge. He pulls out another beer. I stop him. “Dad, don’t, you’ve had enough to drink already.”

            “Shut up, d-don’t tell me w-what to do, b-boy,” he says while glaring at me. I glare right back at him.

            “Did you really mean what you said yesterday, Dad? You told me you were going to try to stop drinking so much,” I reply. I can feel anger starting to seep in.

            “Of c-course, I-I d-did. I j-just h-had a h-horrible day at work,” he says.

            “That doesn’t mean you have to drink dad.”

            “Shut up, boy. I’ll do what I want in my own house.”

            I sigh. I know I’m not going to get through to him while he’s drunk. I don’t want to argue with him. I need to get to the store to pick up dinner. I grab my shoes and I’m about to walk out when Dad says something that stops me.

            “Sometimes, I wish you died in that car accident instead of your mother.”

            “W-What?”

            “You heard me. I wish you were in that car instead of your mother. Maybe then I wouldn’t be suffering as much as I am. Maybe I wouldn’t be drinking as much as I am. Sometimes, I really wish you were never born. Your mom and I were so happy before you were born. You’re a really big disappointment.”

            My heart breaks in my chest. Dad has never said anything like this to me before. Is it the alcohol talking...or does he really mean it?

            “Do you really mean that, Dad,” I ask in a sad tone.

            “Of course, I do. You were a mistake...”

            Before Dad finishes his thought, I run out of the house. My heart hurting worse than earlier this afternoon.



© 2024 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Why you broke my boy Tristan heart writer ? Why ?

Posted 2 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 29, 2023
Last Updated on January 28, 2024


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing