STMH Chapter 4

STMH Chapter 4

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥

          

Chapter 4

Blake

            It’s the end of the school day and I’m excited. I actually joined a club that really suits me. After that I plan to get my homework done. Then, I will play one of my favorite video games. I haven’t been able to play too much lately. The teachers have been giving us way too much homework. Tonight, I don’t have as much as usual.

            Before I can start making my way to the club room, Charlotte walks up to me. “Hey, Blake, have you heard the news?”

            “What news?”

            “Tristan and Marie have broken up.”

            “What? Are you serious?”

            “Yes!”

            “When did they break up?”

            “They broke up about ten minutes ago. Marie has been crying her eyes out in the bathroom.”

            “Wow, that’s crazy.”

            “From what I heard; Marie is the one who wanted to break up with him in the first place. She was talking to her friends about it. I heard that Tristan overheard her. He confronted her. I also heard that he said some really harsh things to her.”

            That kind of surprises me. I didn’t think that Tristan would say anything mean to anyone. Whenever he interacts with someone, he’s usually very kind to them.

            “Where did you hear this from?”

            “Oh, one of the cheerleaders on my team saw the whole thing.”

            “Oh, I see. Well, I’m going to start heading to my book club now. Are you going to be coming over again tonight?”

            “If you don’t mind, Mom and Dad were fighting again this morning. Dad has been working a lot lately. Mom has hardly been going to work. Dad is worried she’s going to get fired. So, Dad is probably going to drinking again tonight. I’m also really glad you decided to join a club this year. Have you made any friends yet?”

            “Alright, I’ll meet you when book club is over. Yeah, I’m starting to talk to Amy and Sam,” I reply then I wrap my arms around Charlotte and give her a big hug. She smile wide at me. She then hugs me back tight.

            “I have cheer practice soon too. I also have to get going. I’ll see you after cheer practice.”

            We go our separate ways. I’m the first one to arrive to the club room. I pull the book we’re reading this week out of my book bag. I need to finish this book by Friday. We are going to be discussing it then. Good thing, I have a few days to get through it. The book we’re reading isn’t really pulling me in yet.

            We’re currently reading Kill the Boy Band by Goldy Moldavsky. The concept of the book is interesting, but the execution is not what I was expecting. I hope the book gets better, but with how much I’ve read of it, I don’t think it will. I sigh and continue reading while waiting for the other members. I want to see how far they’re into it. I’m about 5 chapters into it.

            After a few minutes, Amy, Sam, Adam, and Nathan walk in. I smile at Adam. He smiles back and comes to sit next to me.

            “Hey, Blake, how are you doing,” he asks.

            “I’m alright, how are you, and how is Sherry doing,” I ask to be polite. Sherry is on the cheerleading squad with Charlotte.

            “I think Sherry and I are going to be breaking up soon. She’s getting more and more jealous lately, It’s kind of getting irritating,” he says and sighs.

            “I’m sorry to hear that,” I say and pat his shoulder. He smile sadly at me. The last time Adam and I hung out was about a week ago. Sherry was tagging along with us. We were browsing for books at our local Barnes and Noble. She doesn’t really like reading all that much. Charlotte isn’t a big reader either. She loves going to the mall to go shopping, loves getting her nails done, and styling her hair. Charlotte is the girly girl while I’m the book nerd and into sports like volleyball.

            I sigh a little to myself. I still wish that I decided in freshmen year to join the girls’ volleyball team. I’m actually proud of myself for actually joining the book club this year. I’m trying my best to overcome my shyness this year.

            “It’s okay, I just wish Sherry would understand that I would never cheat on her, you know,” he replies with a sad smile on his face.

            “I get that. She should be able to trust you by now. You’ve been dating for several years now.”

            “Yes, well, anyway, how far did you get into the book,” he asks me.

            “I’m only on chapter 5. It’s really not really capturing my attention. How are you liking it so far,” I ask him.

            “I think it’s just okay. I’m not a fan of the girls so far.”

            “Me either,” I say. “I’m going to try to get up to chapter 10 while we’re here.”

            “Alright, cool, my goal is to finish it tonight so I can read something else. I’m really into reading manga right now. I’ve been reading Naruto lately. I’m on volume 20 of it. It’s really good,” he says.

            “I love Naruto. Let me know when you get to Shippuden. Have you watched any of the anime,” I ask.

            “Yes, I’m on season 2 of the first series and I’m loving it as much as I’m loving the manga.”

            “Yay, I’m so glad,” I say with a huge smile on my face. Then we talk more about Naruto instead of reading the book we’re supposed to read for this week’s book club.

            Before book club let’s out, we all suggest a book to read for next week’s book club. We love to be prepared. I suggested the book Sweet Bean Paste by Durian Sukegawa. I have been really interested in reading more Japanese literature lately.

~

            After the book club let’s out, I head over to my locker. I need to grab some stuff to bring home for tonight. Charlotte is waiting for me already.

            “Hey, girl, how was cheer practice,” I ask her.

            “It was a really long day. Two of the girls got into a fight about something silly. I wasn’t in the mood to deal with them. I told them to shut up or I would do something to make them shut up. They both went really quiet after that,” she says while chuckling a little bit.

            “That sounds ridiculous.”

            “It was,” she sighs. “I’m beat.”

            “You look like it. Do you want to stop home first before going to my house,” I ask her.

            “Yeah, I’m going to take a shower, pick up some pj’s, and then I’ll be over.”

            “Alright,” I say. My mind starts to wander to Tristan. Although I was discussing one of my favorite anime in existence, I was still a little distracted. I was thinking about Tristan the whole time. I was worried about him. I was wondering how he was holding up. Adam telling me about wanting to break up with Sherry is what made me think about him.

            “What’s on your mind, girl,” Charlotte asks.

            “I’m actually really worried about Tristan, to be honest. I wonder how he’s taking the breakup. I saw how it affected you when Todd broke up with you last year,” I reply. It was hard to see Charlotte so depressed over it.

            “I’m sure he’s fine. He’s probably at volleyball practice.”

            While we’re talking, I spot one of Tristan’s teammates from the corner of my eye. He is walking towards us. It’s Axel, the middle blocker. “Hey ladies, I heard you talking about Tristan just now. Have any of you seen him? He actually didn’t show up to practice today.”

            “Oh, really? That’s a surprise.”

            “Did you say he and Marie broke up?”

            “Yes, they broke up a few hours ago now.”

            “No wonder he didn’t show up to practice. He’s not one to skip. I have been trying to get in touch with him for a few hours. His phone is off. I honestly have no idea where he is. I’m actually kind of worried,” Axel says. He has a frown on his face.

            Tristan didn’t show up to practice. That actually worries me. Should I help Axel go look for him? I continue to debate in my head while he and Charlotte talk amongst themselves.


© 2024 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good I will be waiting for next chapter . I see a love triangle is going on .

Posted 2 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 16, 2023
Last Updated on January 28, 2024


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing