Suicide

Suicide

A Poem by Mr. Darkblood
"

I found this poem in my room while I was setting up my new room amongst a bunch of paintings. I wrote it over 3 years ago back when I was depressed and suicidal.

"

Death

Seems so beautiful

My life so bleak

I want to escape

No light lies at the end of this tunnel

I hate my life

The poison seeps into me

The blood runs down my arms

I am dying alone

In this dark room

I pray that no one finds me

As I exhale my last breath

I am glad

That my life is over.

 

© 2010 Mr. Darkblood


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This piece is frightening. It glorifies suicide. It may be sweet for the person committing the act....but have you (person committing the act) wondered about the everlasting painful and traumatic effect this one act brings to those who truly love you and care for you. If its just for thier sake don't. Or maybe you do not care enough for those who really love you. In this instance suicide can be looked at as a selfish and egoist act. All about me. The other is forgotten. This review can be controversial. I just wanted to get minds thinking of another consequence of the act of suicide. It is a seitive issue. Everyone deserves to live his/her life to the full, no willfull abrupt end.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such a beautiful beginning and ending, such a pretty poem and lovely point of view. There is something about death that just fascinates me. Fantastic job.
~Blessed Be~

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is really awesome writing even it frightened me...Not to mention not your the only one who wants to die even me I want too but I can do nothing about it...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm glad you overcame this. I can appreciate what Vincent was trying to say, but I can also understand where you were coming from. I think many people have been through this, but not enough people have spoken out about it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I understand...I want to die sometimes too...most of time...actually...I hope it gets better for you. Good job on this though. Thanks for sharing. :()

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol...you wrote the poem and though you're still here you've pulled through. some people might read it in shock but the way i see it is you released yourself through your work. that is good....

Posted 13 Years Ago


my heart was pounding as i read this yo, exellent write.
theres something about the emotions that this evokes that is so familiar to me and that someone else is able to tap into that feeling and express it in such a poignant way...it made my heart pound. cheers.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hard hitting and vivid! A good reflection on the topic here. xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, this is ah-mazing! This poem is so raw, full of deep emotions and feelings that just scream and leap out of the page as you read them. I especially like the last line... And I agree with Candy Buddah-the world needs more survivors...

Absolutely fantastic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Damn. Well first of all I'm glad you didn't kill yourself.

Well this is frightening and the imagery is so dark.

This is way better than the poems I wrote when I was depressed.



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frightening. Truly frightening. I want to grasp at the line "I pray that no one finds me," in hopes that there is pity in those who are victimized by such an act - the living but I feel really that the person does not want to be found, so that he may die.
Writing must be a conduit to express ourselves. What we hold dear and what we hold in contempt, to widen others world view and to widen our own perceptions but suicide is a very sore touch spot. Work such as this I am in hopes would have the opposite effect on those contemplating such an act as suicide - to see the very selfishness of the act, to see that the very breath being expelled is worth having worth preserving.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2010
Last Updated on March 28, 2010

Author

Mr. Darkblood
Mr. Darkblood

Rainy Central, WA



About
I'm basically a painter, but I've recently been writing. I'm 17, I'm my own person, and I don't take crap from people. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..