Virtual Reality

Virtual Reality

A Chapter by Eddie Davis
"

Muld has dreams that bother him.

"

34.

Virtual Reality

 

An hour later they all called it a night and Muld went upstairs to his private apartment.     The pirates had not taken anything other than what he’d seen them load up on the levitation pallet and he was quite relieved to learn this.

He dreaded having to get back into the routine of work the next day, but he had to do so to get things back to normal.

As he washed in the practical magic powered shower, he wondered what Syndi was doing right then.    She had not said much since they had returned, except to recount what she had seen or done during their ordeal.

He hoped she wasn’t upset at him.   Maybe she had contemplated their conversations at the camp site and was unsure of their relationship now.    The thought of her, as always, thrilled him, and after he’d finished bathing, he laid in his bed staring out the window at the stars and wondering what she was doing right then.

“I love you,” he said to the thought of her as he closed his eyes.

 

***

He was standing on the banks of a lake that looked suspiciously like the large swimming-hole pond in Pattinton, but this one was surrounded by tall, majestic pine trees and a full moon shined on the waters of the lake.   He turned and there she was, standing beside him, and she wore an incredible gown of an amazing sheer fabric that glowed white by the light of the moon.

Her exquisite body was complimented by the garment and desire rose up in him to feverish levels.     He embraced her, his hand cradling the back of her neck as he hungrily kissed her warm lips.     He was delighted to feel her return his hunger and she pulled him tightly against her.  

He began kissing her soft white neck, which sent a shiver of arousal through her.    They didn’t speak, for there was no need, they simply knew what the other thought.    She pulled him down on top of her and out of nowhere there was a huge, perfectly soft bed with silk sheets that caught them.    With instinct he didn’t know he possessed, he began kissing her, caressing all of her curves and moving all over.     Her hands did the same with him, exploring every part of his body for a long while.

Then they were making love, as if they had done so nightly for many years, yet with the wild intensity of young people in love.     The warmth of their bodies locked in passion was pure bliss as their breathing synchronized, as did the rhythm of their bodies.    

Together they cried out at the peak of their union.

 

And abruptly Muld woke up with a shout, sitting up wild-eyed in his bed, bathed in sweat, his heart racing and his body still tensed from the erotic dream.

“Good heavens!”  He panted, trembling from the adrenaline rush coursing through him.    How could he endure dreams such as that?   On wobbly knees, he stood up and poured a cup of water from the pitcher at his bed side.

“That’s too much,” he said to himself, “No man can endure something like that!    It’ll drive me mad!”

He was terrified of lying back down for fear of returning to the wonderful dream that left him so frustrated when he awoke.

“I’ve got to clear my head,” He said aloud, and quickly he threw some clothes on and rushed out to try to walk off some of the energy coursing through him.

 

***

Syndi groaned in vexation as she awoke, her body still overloaded with the stimulation that had seemed so wonderfully real.

She laid there experiencing delightful after effects, but she was far from satisfied.    

“My Lord, what is happening to me?”   She whispered, terrified at what her body was demanding from her.     There was no possible way she could get back to sleep, even if she was able to return to that dream.    She was too stimulated.     She’d simply go insane if she didn’t act.     Blocking out all thoughts of what her mother had instilled in her for years and any degree of modesty, she leaped out of bed and went over to the chair where she had draped the gift from Alleania.    Striping out of her usual bed attire, she slipped the sensual garment over her head.    It fit her as if it had been woven around her.    

Syndi felt extraordinarily feminine and mature wearing the garment.     She knew what she wanted, what she needed, and she was going to have it tonight.    She’d worry about the repercussions when her hunger for Muld was satisfied.  

With a wild look in her green eyes, she donned a robe over her gown, slipped on some slippers and rushed out of the sorceress’ tower to go to him.

 

***

 

He fought a strong desire to go across town to her, for that would only lead to frustration.    Muld wondered if she had shared the erotic dream with him or if that had been completely generated by his lustful mind.      If she’d shared it with him, she was probably fleeing town in terror, for he knew that she wouldn’t respond as she had in the dream.

Muld had no idea where he should go, so he walked past the sites of the catapult stone damage.    They were all cleaned up now and at this late hour everyone was gone.    He had hoped that they would sober him up so that he could leave the sexual thoughts of Syndi behind.

But he could not shake the realism of the dream.    Was that what love making was like?   He’d never even thought of such a thing until recently.     It had always seemed like something so alien to him, but now…

Muld sighed and took several deep calming breaths.   Maybe he should go see a priest in the morning.    There had to be a way to control such feelings.    If he kept it up, Syndi would be too scared of him to even want to be his friend.    

He walked and pondered for half an hour and finally found himself at the small park directly across from the great and glorious Cathedral of Yesh the Merciful.     Even by night it was lit by arcane spotlights that gave it a transcendent and holy feel.   Muld sat on a park bench and stared at the church, silently praying for guidance at what to do.    Several people walked past, for there was now a bit of a night life with the new streetlights making the main avenues safer.

He had closed his eyes and again beseeched Yesh for aid, when he heard two people approach him.

“Master Muld?”   A voice asked in uncertainty as he was opening his eyes.

Muld blinked in disbelief.

Standing before him in the dead of the night in the middle of Westmark, without any guards or servants, were King Eiolmoel and Queen Synthaeia.

He looked at them as if they were apparitions.

“Your Majesty?”  He asked in a disbelieving voice, “What in the world are you doing here in Westmark, out in the streets at this time of night?”

“We arrived not long ago by airship, after being delayed for a time at the border of Marksylvania by two airships that told us of a great fire in a town east of Westmark.    When we received the news from the two airships, they were unsure if the fire was caused by another pirate attack, so they asked us to wait there at the border until they could contact the capital by scrying device.   Finally they learned that it wasn’t the town that was on fire, but the fields outside of this town and that it wasn’t pirates at all that caused it, so they let us continue.    This put us far behind schedule and instead of arriving in early evening like we had planned, our airship arrived late.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, Your Majesty.   Have you been to the palace yet?”   Muld asked.

“No, we knew Eleazar had the palace locked down about three hours after sunset, so rather than disturb them in the middle of the night, my wife and I decided to do something adventurous and stroll around the city to see the night lighting that your guild has installed.   It is quite impressive, Master Muld and it does promote nighttime activity, doesn’t it?”

“Yes, sire, it does.   That is why I’m out so late too - I hadn’t seen the lights in use at night and I… couldn’t sleep, so I thought I’d check it out.”

“Have you seen our daughter, this evening?”   Queen Synthaeia asked without her usual scowl.

“Not since earlier this evening when we had an audience with King Eleazar to discuss the events that delayed your airship.   She left with Lady Alleania on some business and I haven’t seen her since then.”

“Well, we were going to surprise her by dropping in at the sorceress’ tower but the servant there said that she had hurried out about an hour ago and didn’t say where she was going.”  

“Really?   That’s odd,”  Muld replied, his concerned look not easing the Queen’s anxiety over her daughter.

“So you haven’t seen her recently?”   Synthaeia asked.

“No, Your Highness, I’m afraid not.    That is unusual for her to leave the tower in the night.    Perhaps Lady Alleania sent her on an errand?”

“No, the servant said that Alleania was spending the evening with Archmage Drake and was not there.   Nor was Allea in residence, for she was staying with her parents across town.”   The Queen looked a bit worried.

“Your Majesties, I have a special crystal ball in my apartment that I may be able to use to find Syndi.”

“You believe it will work?”   Synthaeia asked hopefully.

“If she is within the boundaries of the city, I think it has a very good chance of finding her.   This specific crystal ball is enchanted differently than most.    It can only show places and people that have been magically recorded into it by a Data spell.    All my inner circle of Guild members have used it, so they are recorded in it.    I’ve used it to look at most of the streets in the city while designing the streetlights, so this familiarity should enable me to mention her name and the ball should show the location where she is, if she is somewhere on one of the streets that I have previously looked at during my research.   It should work.”

“Where is this crystal ball located?”   The King asked.

“In my apartment in the main guild building.   It’s a short walk from here, but it you don’t mind that, I’d be glad to try it out tonight so it would ease your mind.    I could also show you some of the projects that Syndi has helped design for the guild.”

“Well, it is late…”  King Eiolmoel said hesitatingly. 

“It’s no trouble, Your Majesty.   It won’t be dawn for another three hours, so you could rest there if you will pardon the humble settings.”

“I’d like to know where she is,”   The queen said and so her husband nodded.

“Excellent,”  Muld replied with a bow, then stood up, “Follow me.”

 

***

 

Syndi used her key to unlock the guild’s front door and rushed up the steps to his apartment.   Her heart pounded with the thrill of the adventure and her excitement only enhanced her desire.

But upon entering Muld’s room, she was surprised to find him gone.    His bed had been slept in, but his clothes and boots were gone.   He must have taken a walk to clear his head following their shared dream.

Or perhaps he had gone to find her.

The thought thrilled her with its romance.    

If she went back to the tower, she might miss him in the streets.   No, he’d return here if he couldn’t find her there.

So she’d be waiting for him.

Slipping off her robe, she straightened her skimpy gown and slid into his bed.     Just knowing where she was and what she intended to do gave her such a rush of excitement that she could hardly stand it.    Syndi slipped the sheets over her with a gleam in her eyes.    The sheets seemed to caress her as she lay there eager and anxious for his return.

What would he say when he found her there?   She closed her eyes with a sigh, fantasizing how glorious it would be.

All she had to do was wait.

   



© 2016 Eddie Davis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on July 4, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2016
Tags: Practical Magic, Synomenia, Westmark, Elves, Magic, Wizards, Sorceress, Adventure


Author

Eddie Davis
Eddie Davis

Springfield, MO



About
I'm a fantasy and science-fiction writer that enjoys sharing my tales with everyone. Three trilogies are offered here, all taking place in the same fantasy world of Synomenia. Other books and stor.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Eddie Davis


Two Two

A Chapter by Eddie Davis