Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by E. Kang

The first week of classes had gone by smoothly. Walking around the school grounds, Stacy took a deep breath of the cold, crisp air. She loved taking walks early in the morning before breakfast. No one was ever up this early, and Stacy enjoyed the peaceful solitude, taking in the beauty of Hogwarts. She was still in her pajamas; she hadn't wanted to bother changing out of her cozy silver pajama bottoms and her navy blue flowy tank top. Sighing contentedly, Stacy pulled her blanket tighter around her. She reached the front steps of the castle and sat down at the top step. Her thoughts strayed to Draco.
Draco seemed to be sending her mixed signals. When he had helped her down from the carriage last week, his touch had sent electricity coursing through her body. She had pretty much all her classes with Draco, but he never looked at her, never talked to her. It was absolutely infuriating having feelings for this boy. Feelings. Stacy would never admit to actually liking Draco Malfoy. Sage knew only because she was Stacy's absolute best friend; she knew everything about her, and vice versa.
For all the years Stacy had known Draco, she knew that deep down, he was an amazing boy. She knew Draco grew up deprived of love, as had she. Early in their childhood, they had depended on each other for companionship. She didn't know where their relationship stood now, though. Stacy knew that she'd do anything to help Draco. She understood the pressure and the misery that accompanied being a Death Eater's child. And with that understanding, she 'd always stand by Draco and help him in any way she could.
Behind her, someone cleared his throat. Stacy whirled around, her mind still swimming in thoughts of Draco. It was Professor Dumbledore. Stacy stood up and plastered what she hoped was a convincing smile on her face. She walked towards the professor and stopped a few feet away from him.
"Good morning, Professor Dumbledore," she said, brightly. Dumbledore smiled gently.
"Indeed it is, Miss Moore. Might I ask why you are alone on such a fine morning instead of with your fellow Ravenclaws?"
"I like taking walks around Hogwarts alone. It's really nice in the morning," Stacy said. Dumbledore nodded.
"Forgive me for asking this, but who is the boy you've got on your mind?" he inquired. Stacy looked surprised. Dumbledore chuckled.
"In all my years here at Hogwarts, I think I'd recognize the look of heartache on a student's face, no matter how hard he or she tries to hide it," Dumbledore said, and watched as the fake smile slipped off of Stacy's face.
"It's honestly nothing to worry about, Professor," she said, shrugging. He's just someone who doesn't notice me, that's all." What Stacy was telling Dumbledore was not exactly a lie. Dumbledore frowned.
"Yes, well, while that may be true, I believe your feelings for this boy are different from what an average fourth-year should be feeling. The sadness is plain in your eyes, Stacy. This goes beyond a boy not sharing the same feelings for you that you have for him, am I right?"
Stacy nodded, surprised at how true Dumbledore's words were. She couldn't explain her situation to the headmaster, though, without revealing the truth about her and Draco's parents. As if he was reading her mind, Dumbledore spoke.
"I am not asking you to tell me anything. Just bear this in mind: things may seem dark and dismal now, and you may feel alone at times, but never forget the love around you at Hogwarts. Love and hope can be found, should you take your eyes off this boy and look for it." Stacy smiled at the headmaster. She wanted to thank him, but was at a loss for words. Dumbledore straightened up.
"Miss Moore, it is almost breakfast time. I will see you in the Great Hall soon. And I expect you'll be there for the drawing of the Tournament names?" Stacy nodded vigorously. With a smile and a wave, Dumbledore walked off down the hall. Finally finding her voice, Stacy called out, "Thank you, Professor!" And with that, she walked back to Ravenclaw's dormitories.


© 2011 E. Kang


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on August 3, 2011
Last Updated on August 3, 2011


Author

E. Kang
E. Kang

WA



About
Currently working on three stories. Stay tuned! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by E. Kang