He is Innocent!

He is Innocent!

A Story by youwontbelievethis
"

A story of a kind hearted homeless guy who helps other people despite of having nothing

"

                    A long time ago, there was a homeless man who has a pure heart. He was named Rupert by his late parents. Rupert is homeless but, he loves to help a person who needs a helping hand. He helps people who are blind and can’t find their ways. He helps people who are too old to cross the streets alone. He helped people who dropped their things because they are carrying too much but, sometimes he ended up being scolded by those people because of his smell. However, he doesn’t care because he just wanted to help. He even helps people with businesses by cleaning and removing the trash in front of their stores. He helped people who are too old to open their stores alone in the morning. And, he also helps homeless people by giving them some of his food.

                

                 But, what did he receive from helping those people? Fame, food, money, shelter? Nothing. But he was sure that he made those people smile. Not from the outside but, the inside. He knew that some people he helped are glad that there is still someone who expresses kindness toward other people. He knew that at some point, there are some people were encouraged to do something good right after he or she saw him.  He loves helping other people because he thinks that kindness and love are the only thing that were free in this world. He doesn’t mind helping them because it makes him feel better. He helped them because he knows how to have nothing and he knows how it feels to be rejected and disgusted by someone.

                No one knew Rupert and his past. Some people were curious of him and asked him where did he came from but Rupert’s always answer is he came from the love of his parents. But where did he really came from? He was a product of happiness, kindness and love.


                Rupert experienced a disastrous life when he was a kid. His parents died when he was six. Nevertheless, they were once a happy and simple family then, a tragic incident happened. He was five years old back then when they’re house were burned by someone. They weren’t able to find out who it was and they weren’t able to save anything including they’re money. Rupert’s family wasn’t able to start a new life. No one even dared to help them including the family of his parents. Rupert’s father tried everything, he looked for a job but no one accepted him. They think that his father wasn't trustworthy enough to give him a job because of current state in life. Life has been so cruel to them. The next day his father wasn’t able to come back. Rupert and his mother were so worried. They tried to find his father however, they failed. They didn’t know what happened to his father. His mother just asked him to pray for the safety of his father. On the other hand, Rupert’s father was already dead. He got hit-and-run by a car. No one knew the man so they instantly buried him in the nearest cemetery after the inspections and other investigations. On Rupert’s sixth birthday, her mother surprised him with a gift; a food, which he can eat on his own. But Rupert insisted and he wanted to eat it together with his mother. But later on her mother collapsed. His mother was sick, and he wanted to help her. He tried to look for someone who can help him and check on his mother’s current state. Alas, no one helped him. All of the people he asked for help rejected him, disgusted by him and even pushed him away just to get rid of him. Rupert was devastated, upset and mad at those people. He came back to his mother. He tried to cheer his mother up while crying. “Mom, I know you can do it. Please endure the pain. Don’t die on me mom. Mom! Please, I’m too young to be alone. I don’t know what to do without you. Mom please!” Rupert’s crying, crying and crying. He is crying so much and no one seemed to care. All the people who saw them, just passed by like they were nothing, like they were just a piece of trash lying on the streets. He began to blame life and questioned God. “God! Why me? Why us? What have we done wrong? Why are you doing this to us? Do you even exist? Why won’t you help us? Speak to me!” shouted by a six years old kid crying, begging for God to help him. He’s crying on his ill mother.  Later on before his mother lost her last breath, she began to talk. “Son, don’t be upset. Don’t even question God! He has a great plan for you. This is just a test for you to pass like you are in school.” said by his dying mother while smiling. Furthermore, his mother continued talking. *coughing “Son, don’t let my death and the disappearance of your father to hate life. Thus, let this be a reason for you to start living life with kindness. You already knew how it feels to have nothing and to lose a lot. You already knew how to feels to be rejected and disgusted by the persons around you. Let this be a reason for you to love life. Don’t let the society change you instead, change them. I love you son.” his mother died. Rupert kept that in mind and that’s the reason he’s so kind despite of what he had.


                Moving on, Rupert was helping an old man who has a shoe repair shop to close it. After that, the old man gave him blanket so he won’t be able to freeze at night. Rupert felt glad and happy. But later on, a strange guy who has a bad motive went to the old man. Rupert saw it so he quickly ran to the guy and tried to stop him. The guy pulled out a knife on his pocket and pointed it towards the old man asking the key to the store and all of his money. The old man gave it all then, Rupert came to help the old man. Rupert grabbed the knife but, he failed. The bad guy pushed Rupert away. The old man tried to help Rupert as Rupert is going to be stabbed by a knife. The old man run towards Rupert and ended up getting stabbed by the bad guy. The bad guy ran and threw the knife towards Rupert’s blanket. Rupert tried to chase the guy but the old man stopped him. The old man said that its okay don’t chase that guy. Rupert cried and he started to feel what he felt the day he lost his parents. He hugged the old man and called for help. The blood started to spread on his body and hands. Later on, a policeman came and started to ask what happened. Rupert told everything. After that an investigation happened. They found the knife in the blanket of Rupert. They began to suspect Rupert as the murderer. They easily judged Rupert as the killer because of his life situation. Rupert was sentenced into a life imprisonment. They imprisoned Rupert. While inside the cell, Rupert was crying and started to annoy the other prisoners. The other prisoners beat up Rupert until he can’t stand up anymore. The police noticed that there’s something wrong inside the cell. So he decided to move Rupert into a cell where there are no other prisoners. The policeman thinks that his smell annoyed the other prisoners. While in the other cell, Rupert began to cry again and started to question God once more. “God! Why are you doing this to me again, for the second time? I did everything my mom asked me to do. I live life with no regrets but pure kindness. I even go to church everyday thanking you for giving me a life even though it's a mess. I didn’t ask for anything at all. Please God help me. You’re the only one I have.” After saying all that, he fell asleep. On the next day, the sky began to smile at him. At the night of the crime, the news began to spread real quick. So, the people who he helped and saw him in the news. They think that they convicted a wrong guy. They think that Rupert can’t do this kind of thing. Even, the last old women he helped cross the street thinks that Rupert can’t do that. The next day, a kid together with his mom went to the prison where Rupert was convicted. The mother of the kid looked for Rupert. She asked to visit Rupert. Then the police called Rupert and told him that someone wanted to see him.  Rupert was surprised that someone came to visit him. Then Rupert went out to look who is it. He saw a kid with his mother. He went to them with his beaten face smiling. The mother of the kid started to talk to him. “Hello there! How are you doing? I brought you some food. My son saw you on the news last night. He told me that you can’t do such thing and he said he wanted to visit you and see you as soon as possible. And, he also told me that you were the one who fixed his bike on the way home. So, here we are. And thank you so much!” said by the mother. Rupert felt happy. Tears began to fall on his eyes, tears of joy and happiness. Later on, Rupert talked to the kid and told him a lot of stories. Before they left the prison, the mother of the kid whispered something on Rupert. “I know you didn’t do it. I will find someone who can help you.” and winked at Rupert. “Goodbye sir!” shouted by the kid while waving at him. Rupert came back to the cell happy, teary and he began to ask for forgiveness to God after all what he said before. In the other hand, the mother of the child began to look for a lawyer and people who believes that Rupert is innocent. The next day, a new visitor came in. She was an old woman. She brought an apple for Rupert and started to talk to him. The old woman addresses him as “My Child”. Before the old women leave, she shouted at the policemen “He is innocent!” However, the police laughed at her and think that she’s a psychopath old woman. The next few days, many different people visited Rupert one by one, morning and night. Those people are the people he helped on the streets on their stores and everywhere in the city. The police were surprised and started to think that maybe, just maybe Rupert is really innocent. The next day, an attorney came in and he wanted to clear the name of Rupert. He asked for Rupert, and he saw Rupert. Then Rupert was surprised as that guy was wearing a really great polo. Rupert smiled on the attorney because he remembered that, that guy was the one who asked a few cents from him before. Rupert can’t believe that he looks so good now and he is so happy for him. Rupert doesn’t feel any jealous seeing that guy in a formal wear but he’s thankful that, that guy looks better than the last time he saw him. The guy asked how Rupert’s doing and they began to talk for a while. Before the guy left, he promised Rupert that he will do everything to get him out of this place. Rupert was so happy. He can’t believe that there are a lot of people believed in him. A lot of people have been smiling at him. Appreciating everything he did and he is so thankful to them. He believed that these are the answers of God to his prayers. The next few days, the attorney proven that he was innocent. He convinced the judge that the criminal threw the knife onto his blanket waking up Rupert. Then, Rupert saw the bleeding man and started to help him. Not really accurate to what really happened but somehow, it helped Rupert get out of the cell and live freely again. The people who believed in him were so happy that he was found innocent. The next month, the real killer was caught involving in another crime. And the people who he helped and believe in him started to give him a house and a business for him to live. After receiving a lot of blessings, Rupert didn’t stop helping other people. He occasionally brings food to other homeless people and gave some of them a job. At night, he is looking at the stars and thinks of her mother. “Look at me mom. You’re right. You were always right. Thank you so much for everything. I hope you can see me now but I know you can see me up there. And I know you’re happy right now with dad. I’ll promise you that I won’t change and I will cherish everything you said. I love you.”


THE END.

                This is the story of a homeless who received a lot because of his kindness. He received more than what he gave. He helped without asking anything in return but, God gave him everything he needs. You don’t need a reason to help other people because God will reward you greater than what you had given.

© 2015 youwontbelievethis


Author's Note

youwontbelievethis
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on October 24, 2015
Last Updated on December 9, 2015
Tags: he is innocent, homeless man story, homeless man