His Heart

His Heart

A Story by youwontbelievethis
"

A story of Cecille and the man she met Richard.

"

                 





                A story of a woman who gave up on life and accepted death because of her disease. However before that time comes, she decided for her last trip. A trip that changed her life and gave her a new reason to live.







                There’s a 26 years old woman who had been successful in a Heart Transplant Operation. Her families were so happy and can’t believe that an unknown man would actually donate his heart to a girl he doesn’t even know. But, that’s what her parents thinks. To her, that man wasn’t just an unknown man and not just someone. However, few weeks passed, that women woke up. Her sights were blurred and she can’t see no one but a guy; a guy walking towards her slowly. The guy reached her, combed her hair and slowly kissed her, in her forehead. The girl’s sight returned while the man slowly vanished her view then, she began to remember everything.


                A few months ago before the doctor found a donor, the 26 years old woman named Cecille  Leyna was advised to avoid her adventures because, it’s going to be dangerous now for her condition. The doctor asked her to take a break in their house and wait until they found her a donor. The doctor said that she’s in a critical condition already and she needs a lot of rest. Nonetheless, her parents and other relatives didn’t stop looking for a donor. However, Cecille doesn’t care anymore and she never listened to anyone but herself. She already accepted the fact that she will die someday and her always reaction is so be it. She just wants to live her last breath doing something for herself; something that she enjoyed before and wanted to enjoy it for the last time in her life. She just wanted to feel the air on top of the mountain once again. Few days after, Cecille sneaked out of her bed at night and decided to go south. She wanted to go on a mountain climbing again. But this time, she wanted the tallest in their country. So, she flew south to climb the mountain named Apo. She eagerly wanted to go there so she brought all of her savings on an all out trip by herself. However on her way to the said mountain, she met a guy named Richard Ton. It was late at night when she arrived at the Davao International Airport. Cecille’s having a hard time looking for a cab because it was raining a lot. Richard found her, sat near her and asked her where she’s heading. Richard felt glad that they’re going to the same location. So, he asked Cecille if it’s okay to ride with her once a taxi came since they’re both heading the same way. They’re both looking for a hotel to stay before climbing the mountain. Cecille told Richard that it’s okay so a few minutes later, a taxi came and they ride it together. Richard paid for their ride and later on Richard introduced himself. Far from Richard’s first impression, Cecille ignored him.


                Cecille and Richard both checked-in in the same hotel in different rooms. They both headed to the location of the Mountain Apo at the same time. They saw each other on the foot of the mountain and Richard well, he acted friendly towards Cecille but, Cecille didn’t care. She ignored Richard because she’s focused on climbing the mountain. And on their way to the mountain, Richard noticed Cecille with a huge bag and he thinks that she needs help on the way top. Nevertheless, he waited for her to climb first and be at her back in case something bad happens. Richard patiently waited for Cecille to go first. He’s just watching Cecille climb slowly; slowly like a turtle walking in the land. Few more hours, Cecille stopped to eat while Richard was just hiding at her back. Richard is slowly losing his patience waiting for her. He even estimated the time they’re going to reach the top to entertain himself. He began to think that it will take more than 2 days if she followed the step of Cecille and it didn’t help him calm and entertain himself. Few more minutes, Cecille continued and so as Richard. Richard decided that on the next stop of Cecille, he will now show himself. Possibly introduce himself and be friend with Cecille.


In the Middle

However on the way to the middle of the mountain, Cecille tripped off. The rock she stepped on broke and she slide down the mountain. But lucky for her, Richard was there to stop her from falling. Cecille was so thankful to Richard and she also apologized for being snobby before. She also stated that she’s just focused on climbing the mountain and she has no time for flirting and whatsoever. Richard accepted her apology said its okay, but told Cecille that she shouldn’t bring a lot of things with her. Cecille just silently sat down and decided to take a break. Richard also sat down near her and waited for her to continue. Cecille baffled and inaugurates Richard with number of question.


Cecille: What are you doing?

Richard: Waiting for you?

Cecille: Why?

Richard: Because, you might fell off again.

Cecille: What? No.

Richard: Who knows?

Cecille: Why do you care? You don’t even know me.

Richard: It’s because you didn’t tell me your name. How am I supposed to know?

Cecille: Well you’re not.

Richard: Why are you so snobby?

Cecille: I am not. I just don’t know you.

Richard: I already told you my name in the cab.

Cecille: I don’t care!

Richard: So, you know me? (Smiling, pissing off Cecille)

Cecille: Shut up.


                Cecille continued on climbing while Richard was behind her smiling. He was delighted, thinking that she’s so beautiful when she’s mad. Still, he continued on following Cecille. Later at night, they reached the middle and Cecille decided to take a rest. Richard began to wonder, imagined the time they reach the top might be the beginning for them even though Cecille’s ignoring him. Richard didn’t stop on talking to Cecille. He just wanted to know her more by cause of the first time he saw her, he felt something different. Richard looked at Cecille while she’s eating. Cecille glanced on him so, Richard winked at her. Then, Cecille looked at him with angry eyes and then looked at the other way. Richard laughed at her and shouted “Weirdo!” Richard took his lunch box and decided to eat. He glanced at Cecille again. And by that time, he saw Cecille drank something after she took her book. Nonetheless, he ignored it. Later on, Cecille looked for a great view where she can read her book with peace. Meanwhile, Richard took out his warm coat together with a black mini water container where beer was really inside of it instead of water. He sat down close to Cecille but, Cecille moved away from him. Richard laughed hard; so hard that he started to piss off Cecille. Cecille went back to her location and looked for her sleeping stuffs. Cecille felt a little dull because she left it in the hotel room. Richard noticed Cecille and began to tease her.


Richard: Forgot something?

Cecille: F**k off!

Richard: (Laughed) you know it will be colder here later on.

Cecille: Ha-ha. I can manage maniac.

Richard: We can cuddle here in my nice warm coat and blanket.

Cecille: Cuddle your a*s Perv!

Richard: I’m not really a bad person you know. So, I’m handling you my coat. Don’t you go pee on it.

Cecille: No, thanks.

Richard: Okay, suite yourself.


                Richard felt a little sympathy for her even though he is a little pissed of her attitude. The atmosphere in the mountain gets colder and Cecille wasn’t able to sleep. She looked at her back and she saw the coat of Richard. Cecille took it and wore it to warm herself. She has no idea that Richard was looking at her. After Richard saw her wore it, he began to sleep. The next day, Cecille woke up Richard.


Cecille: Hey, thanks for the coat. You’re not a bad person after all.

Richard: Aghh. Don’t mention it madam. Looks like the coldness here ate your pride.                       Miss?

Cecille: (Smiled) Cecille. Miss Cecille Leyna.

(They both smiled)

Richard: Richard Ton, if you already forgot my name.

Cecille: Weren’t you cold last night?

Richard: I’m used to it. Want some coffee?

Cecille: You have?

Richard: Yes. I’m more, I mean extremely prepared than you.

Cecille: You’re an a*****e after all. (Laughs)

Richard: Thank you very much.

(Took out his coffee container and gave it to Cecille)

Cecille: You have a lot of liquids out there.

Richard: Yeah, some coffee, water, softdrinks and my favorite beer.

Cecille: Beer? Is it legal?

Richard: Yes, if you hid it pretty well.


                They went on the same place where Cecille sat last night. Cecille began to ask Richard his purpose on climbing the mountain. Richard didn’t hesitate to tell her everything and later on asked her the same question.


Cecille: So, what was your reason on climbing this mountain? I mean, all of us have.

Richard: To forget.

Cecille: (Confused) Forget what?

Richard: Sad memories.

Cecille: What kind of memories?

Richard: Why are you asking a lot?

Cecille: You want me to know you, right?

Richard: (Sigh) Okay, okay. Two years ago, my mom and dad died a cruel death. They were both mountain climbers and on their way home some a******s shot them and took all of their things; money, gadgets all of the things they have. Those a******s left them half naked on the road. They even took their car. The police weren’t able to catch the culprits. I was in New York that day. I almost died after I heard the news. So, I went here to the Philippines and left my girlfriend out there. She understands that my parents died so I need to come home. But after a month, I went back and I saw her with another guy half naked. I felt devastated. So, I came back here again left my job, New York and everything there. And after two years, I can’t still move on. My life was a disaster. So, I think doing what my parents love to do might be able to help me forget. Since, they told me that the easiest way to forget everything about the world is leaving everything sad behind.

(Cecille was shocked of her story. She thinks that if she was in that situation she could’ve killed herself. Even so, she tried to cheer her up.)

Cecille: I’m so sorry to hear that. Is there something I can do to cheer you up?

Richard: (Smiled) Kiss me.

Cecille: You’re such an a*****e. You just made me think that all you said were lies.

Richard: (Laughs) it was all real, all real cross my heart. By the way, how about you? What was the reason behind your climbing?

Cecille: Why do you want to know?

Richard: I just want to.

Cecille: Nope.

Richard: What the hell? I almost told you my story.

Cecille: (Laughed) Okay, okay. I’m an adventurous woman. I love doing something exciting and mountain climbing is one of my favorite. I have a dream to climb the highest mountain in the world but, it’s just… Impossible. So, I climbed here, the highest mountain in the Philippines.

Richard: Are you kidding me?

Cecille: No! Why?

Richard: That’s it?

Cecille: That’s all. There’s nothing more.

Richard: I mean you gave up on your dreams?

Cecille: This is my dream.

Richard: Climbing the Mt. Everest was your dream right?

Cecille: Yeah, before. But, it’s impossible.

Richard: Bullshit, nothing’s impossible. You should do it. Want me to go with you there?

Cecille: No, I can’t.

Richard: Why?

Cecille: I just can’t. Let’s just forget about it.


                They continued on climbing. While on their way to the top, they began to get along. They became closer and closer and closer together. They had fun like kids while climbing to the top. They even slept together, cuddled like a sweet teen couple. They fell slowly together, not from the mountain but falling in love with each other.


THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN


                They reached the top and they were so happy specially Cecille. She jumped, shouted “I’m at the top of Mountain Apo! Woooo!” while Richard is watching her smiling. Cecille jumped on Richard. Richard lifts Cecille up and slowly puts her down. Then Richard suddenly kissed Cecille in her lips. Cecille was shocked but, wasn’t able to do anything so, she kissed Richard back.  After that, Richard confessed that he had fallen for her. Cecille felt the same way but, she didn’t tell him. Thus, she pushed Richard away and told him that they can’t be together.


Richard: Why?

Cecille:  We just can’t.

Richard: Please tell me. We’ll work it out. I love you and I know you feel the same way.

Cecille: We can’t be together.

Richard: Why? Come on tell me.

Cecille: I’m sick. I’m dying. This mountain climbing should have been my last adventure. I already accepted my death.

(Richard was shocked and can’t explain his reaction. He was shocked, sad and worried. Nevertheless, he asked Cecille, her condition and he will do everything to help her cure it.)

Richard: Tell me. What is it? How sick are you? I have a lot of doctor friends in New York and I know they will help us. Please tell me.

Cecille: (Cries) I am dying Richard and I need a heart donor as soon as possible.

(Cecille cried then Richard tried to cheer her up. Richard hugged Cecille tight.)

Richard: Hey, hey. I will help you. I’ll find you a donor. I will do everything. I won’t let you die. (Held Cecille’s head, combed her hair then kissed her in her forehead)


                Cecille cried while hugging Richard tight. After a few minutes, Cecille calmed down and lie down together with Richard. They watched the sky and waited for a shooting star to wish. Few more hours, they successfully witness a shooting star falling from the sky. Cecille closed her eyes while Richard is watching her. It took a minute before Cecille opened her eyes. Richard patiently waited for Cecille and asked her after she opened her eyes.


Richard: So, what did you wish for?

Cecille: A lot, actually.

Richard: Can you tell me what it is?

Cecille: Hmmm.

(Richard imitates Cecille)


Richard: Hmmmm. So?

Cecille: Okay. I wished for a donor. I don’t care who she or he is but, I’ll thank him her a lot. I wished a long life for the both of us. And I wished to live longer and longer                to be with you.

Richard: (Smiles) I thought you already accepted your death?

Cecille: That was before I met you. You gave me a reason to live longer, you made me love you. How about you? Did you wish for anything?

Richard: Not much.

Cecille: Like one wish only?

Richard: Yes.

Cecille: What did you wish for?

Richard: A simple thing.

Cecille: Tell me.

Richard: I just wished for your entire wish to come true. 

Cecille: (Blushed and gave Richard a big smile) don’t you have a wish for yourself?

Richard: I have before but, the shooting star already gave it to me before I even wished for it.

Cecille: What is it?

Richard: Hmmm. (Smiles) You.


                Cecille hugged Richard tight, kissed him and told him that she love him too. After a while, they fell asleep. On their wake, they decided to go down the mountain to meet Cecille’s family. Richard wanted to tell them that he is willing to help on finding Cecille a donor. It took two days before they reach the foot of the mountain. And on their way to the hotel, Richard decided to make a blog for Cecille and he’s willing to pay any amount for the one who’s going to find her a donor. However on their way home, an unfortunate event happened. The break of the car failed to work and they’re running in an insane amount of speed. They both panicked specially Cecille. Richard calmed Cecille down and told her to hug him and trust him. Cecille hugged Richard and told him that she loves him so much. Richard hugged her tight and tried to cover her before they crash into a truck. Cecille went unconscious while Richard’s trying to stay awake until help comes. The driver of the truck wasn’t able to call for help because he’s also unconscious like Cecille. Luckily for them, someone saw them. A man rushed into Richard’s car and saw their devastating condition. He instantly called for help. He saw Richard still conscious so he went to him and tried to help him. Richard pulled the man’s shirt and asked him quite few things. After that, Richard lost his consciousness. Finally, help arrived and puts them in the ambulance real quick. Cecille’s consciousness returned and suddenly looked for Richard left and right. She wasn’t able to see him and after that, she lost her consciousness again.



PRESENT


                Cecille woke up with a big hangover. She immediately looked for Richard after remembering everything. Her family went confused and asked the doctor who’s the man she’s looking for. The doctor called the man who saved their life inside and asked for Cecille’s family to leave. Cecille’s family resisted but, Cecille told them to leave at once. Then the man began to speak.

               


                           MAN: I was on the way on my trip to the Mountain Apo when I saw your car upside down. I immediately went to check on it and saw you together with a man. (Cecille interrupted the man by asking where is he? The man he saw.) I can’t tell you until you let me finish. (Cecille became pissed but, she ignored it and let the man continue talking) I saw you unconscious. I almost thought you were dead until I saw the man inside bleeding and looking at me. I can’t even believe that he was still moving and breathing. I went to him and he pulled my trousers. He whispered me a lot of important things. That’s why, I’m still here. I can’t ignore his wishes and came back here almost everyday checking if you’re already awake. I’ll tell you exactly what he said before he closed his eyes that night.

                “Please call for help. Don’t let her die. She’s sick. I love her. I love her so much. Please if I don’t make it, give my heart to her. And, tell her I love her so much.”

                 So, when I arrived here. I told the doctor everything. The doctor found out that you need a heart donor as soon as possible. You survived but, the man with you didn’t. He caught all the debris that could’ve been pierced on you. He died but his heart is still with you.


                Cecille cried after hearing everything the man said. She went mad and devastated. Cecille told them to leave the room. The doctor apologized for he wasn’t able to save the other guy but, Cecille doesn’t care. The two left. Cecille cried and cried a lot. Shouted “RICHAAAARD! I don’t need your heart! I need you. I need you. I need you.” Cecille didn’t eat and talk for few days. She didn’t anything but mourn inside her room until she dreamt of Richard. In her dreams, she heard Richard’s voice telling her “Continue living even without me. I’m always here guiding you, loving you. Wake up and continue on your adventures.” Cecille woke up. After a few days, Cecille went to Richard’s grave. She lie down on Richards grave and thinks of her good times with Richard. She decided to return to the Mountain Apo. She’s looking at the star saying “I will come back to the place where we wished for the same thing.” Cecille went back to Mountain Apo alone but, she didn’t feel alone because she feels like Richard was just right there next to her for she has his heart.

                                                 

THE END.


Thanks for READING! ☺



© 2015 youwontbelievethis


Author's Note

youwontbelievethis
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on November 14, 2015
Last Updated on December 9, 2015
Tags: His Heart