Cursed Magic

Cursed Magic

A Story by youwontbelievethis
"

A magical story of a teen who wanted to be the greatest magician like his father. However, he never thought that his father has something greater than magic that someday will be passed on him.

"

                  A story of a teen who’s dream is to be the greatest magician of all time. His name was Leon and his inspiration was his father. His father was the greatest in their time and known for his exceptional skills in creating illusions. He idolized his father and he wanted to be like him as the greatest and richest magician in the whole world. But less on what he knew, his father has more than what he had.




                 In year 1976, there was a city called Moor. Moor was a city where poverty, hunger and laziness don’t exist. It was once an unknown disastrous place where most of the people died from hunger and sickness. Nonetheless, a man named Julian Moor stood up. He left the place, pledged that he will come back and he will help them overcome the dilemma they’re going through. After five years, he came back. He was already rich, powerful and known throughout the world. He came back with a lot of doctors, chefs and workers with him. He decided to build a lot of house, markets, hospitals, schools and everything he saw from the city he came from. He wanted the province to be known, to have a name. The people of the province became so happy and thankful to Julian. They saw Julian as their hope and the answer to their wish. In behalf of what Julian did, the people of the province decided to name the place as Moor, naming it after Julian Moor.


                After two years, year 1983 all of the house, markets, schools and all of the buildings he decided to be built were finished. As a blessing to all of it, they decided to have a feast to welcome a new life that awaits them. In the middle of their feast, an old unknown man went to Julian Moor and started to ask him a number of questions. The old man asked him, “Where did you get a lot of money? How were you able to gain a lot of money in just five years? What did you actually do there?” The old man asked him in a creepy way while smiling. Julian wasn’t startled or even scared of the old man. He answered the old man. He told the old man that he became a magician and amazed the people of the city. For that reason, he became famous and started to gain a lot of money. The old man gave him a grim smile. The old man began to talk again and told Julian that he knew everything and he should be careful on who he’s dealing with or else. Then, one guy in the feast noticed them. The guy pulled the old man away from Julian and told the old man to get lost. The old man refused but still being pulled by the guy away from Julian. The old man lost his patience and instantly disintegrated the guy and slowly looked at Julian. The old man threatens Julian and began to slowly vanish in the sight of Julian. “You need to do it Julian or else! Or else it won’t stop! *Laughs” said by the old man who slowly vanished in front of him. Julian was shocked and started to look at the people and began to ask them if they saw the old man. However, no one saw the old man. Julian began to think that the man who vanished was a warning. But deep in his thoughts he knew he can’t do it, he cannot do what he asked. He decided to forget it and move on.


                After a month, Julian met a girl and he easily fell for her. Julian did not waste any time to meet the girl. He made a spectacular moves and tricks to impress the girl. The girls name was Sofia, they began to see each other every week right after Julian impressed her. But while they’re having fun together, Julian can see what Sofia can’t. Moreover, Julian knew that what he saw are warnings. Julian didn’t mind it all as he was with someone he love. Julian and Sofia were dating for a lot of months. After a year, year 1985 they got married and, after another year 1986 a child was born. The child was a boy and they named him Leon, Leon Moor. The couple was so happy right after Leon was born. After a month the two decided to go to the mall to buy the kid a lot of things. They left Leon to the mother of Sofia to take a good care of the kid. But on the way home, a dire thing happened. Julian saw the old man again while driving. The old man looked and smiled at him. He was shocked and wasn’t able to control the car. He began to panic as the break doesn’t work anymore. Julian and his wife died in a tragic car accident leaving the kid in the hands of Sofia’s mom. All of his Julian’s hard work became to nothing. All of the people he helped started to forget him. His mansion and all of his cars were taken by the bank. But all of the money was given to the grandmother for Leon. Leon lived a simple life with his grandmother. The death of Julian began to spread worldwide and was not really forgotten by everyone. The fans began to create a memento, a lot of videos for Julian about him, his magic and all of his performances.


                Years passed, Leon had been watching all of his father’s videos and recordings. He saw his father doing a lot of unbelievable tricks and magic. By the time when Leon reaches 10, he began to absorb his fathers’ skills in magic. He started to learn the basics of his father’s tricks. He amazed her grandmother. After her grandmother saw what Leon did, she began to encourage the kid to practice more and he might be able to surpass his father. Leon quickly grabbed all the videos and started to watch all of his father’s tricks. He was inspired by what his grandmother said but, his inspiration was his father. He can’t believe that his father was so good and thinking of it makes him sad because he wasn’t able to watch his father alive. Nonetheless, he continued and in the age of 16 he began to learn all the tricks of his father. But he doesn’t know that what his father did wasn’t a trick but all real magic and that magic was a gift of someone to his father.


The next year, he was 17 and he began to absorb the magic of his father, the gift. The next day, he is on his way home an old man called him. “Leon!” shouted by the old man. The old man was the same man who approached Julian and the one who caused the death of him. Leon slowly looked at him to figure out who was the old man. Then, he suddenly went to the old man. “Do I know you sir?” said by Leon. “You don’t know me but, I know you and your great late father.” said by the old man with a grim smile. Leon was surprised and he wanted to know more from the old guy. “Really? You know my father? Are you a fan of him?” asked by Leon happy. “Yes I am. And guess what? It’s your time Leon. You are gifted.” said by the old man. “Time for what mister?” a question of Leon with a big question mark on his head. “To be like your father. To shine and to be known throughout the world! You can do and have anything you ever wanted. *Laughs” said by the old man while slowly fading, disappearing in front of Leon. The old man left Leon confused and unaware of what he said. Leon began to think on what the old man said. “I am ready, I can do anything and I can have anything I wanted.” While on the way home, Leon thinks of it and thinks that maybe the magic of his father wasn’t skill but a gift. He thinks that maybe his father’s gift on magic was passed to him. So, he looked for the most private place where no one can see him. A place where there are only leaves and few trees. Leon tried to summon things. He thinks of something he likes. Then, he started to summon a really expensive scooter and waited for it to appear. However, nothing happened. So, he headed back home and was pissed of himself. He thinks that he is too stupid to believe the old man. But while he was walking towards their house, he saw the old man again in the other side of the road smiling at him. Leon walked towards the old man fast while a fast car was rushing towards him and was about to hit him. Then, he slowly looked on his left side and was shocked as a fast car rushing towards him. Leon wanted to run but, there wasn’t enough time so he just accepted that he was going to hit by the car and tried to shield himself by raising his hands covering his body. The car crashed into him leaving the driver dead but, he was unscratched. Leon was surprised that there’s a barrier appeared in front of him protecting him from the car. Leon’s heart started to beat fast and he didn’t know what happened. Then he looked back to the old man. The old man grin on him then turned into a black cat leaving Leon again confused. Later on Leon came back to the forest. He was amazed of himself. Now, he started to believe what the old man said. He started to think that maybe he’s father was gifted and that gift were passed to him. The next moment, Leon tried to summon an animal using his thoughts but, he failed. But now, he didn’t give up. He tried everything to perfectly use the magic. Later on, Leon figured it out. He found out that he needs to use his hands or a stick like his father did. So, he looked for a stick and tried it into a flower. Later on, Leon turned the flower into a giant tree. He was amazed and he can’t wait to tell on his grandmother. So, he turned a rock into a scooter and went home. When he arrived, he saw his grandmother in the chair and wasn’t breathing anymore. Leon was shocked then, cried towards the dead old lady. He told himself that her grandmother can’t be dead right now. So, he tried to use his magic to his grandmother but, he can’t use it to bring back the dead. A week after his grandmother died, Leon was still using his magic for his daily needs. The death of his grandmother hit him so hard. He used it for money, food and other stuff he ever wanted and needed. Meanwhile, while he was watching an episode in the television, a voice came into his head. “What are you doing? Why are you wasting your gift!?” said by the voice inside his head. Then, the TV started to change its show. Leon saw a magic competition in New York. Winning the competition will make you famous and be the greatest magician in the world. But, Leon ignored it. He laughed and tried to use his magic and just be the greatest magician in the world like his father. But he failed, he became upset. Later on, he realized that maybe his father joined that competition, won it and became the greatest magician in the world. Leon started to think of his grandmothers words towards him; the words of encouragement. Leon started to look for his late father’s equipment. His father’s hat, stick and everything he wore during his performance. He tried to use his magic to instantly go to New York and join the competition. Alas, he failed. He started to realize that maybe the magic has its own limit. Leon didn’t waste any time. He looked for his toys. He took the toy car and his clay. He turned the toy into a real life car. He formed the clay into a human and he tried to turn it into a human driver but, he failed. Instead it turned into a human robot that can drive. After that, he instantly drove to New York together with his robot. But, Leon still doesn’t know that there was a man looking at him, protecting him since the day that he was born. That guy is going to show himself to Leon when the right time comes.


Leon reaches New York after two days. He was amazed of the beauty of New York. Nevertheless, he didn’t waste any time. He straightly went to the competition to join. He saw a lot of magicians falling in line, signing up their names one by one. He joined them and by the time of his turn, he was rejected. The staff said that they can’t let an unknown teenager join the competition. Only the losers of the last competition can join and also the magician that were popular in their town. He became upset and tried to figure out how to join the competition. He was about to use the magic to brainwash the staff but, a man appeared and told the staff that he can join because he knows Leon. “I know him. He’s the son of Julian the magnificent magician. *Laughs, Let him join.” The stuff immediately wrote Leon’s name down and showed Leon’s room so he can practice before the competition starts. While inside the room, a bat was already waiting for him inside. After the staff leave, the bat turned into a human and it was the old man. Leon was shocked but happy after seeing the old man. “You scared me! Are you here to help me win the competition?” said by Leon. “You finally come to your senses. I am here to give you a tip. Turn the small into big and the seen unseen! *Smiled.” Said by the old man then, left Leon again. Leon thinks of it and figured out what the old man said. 


On the day of his first performance, he did what the old man told him. Leon turned an ant into a dog size ant and turned a dog into a size of an ant. The audiences were amaze. And for his final trick on his first performance, he asked for three audiences to join him on the stage. He let him hold an audience three things one after another; a clock, a cup and a towel. He instantly vanish it one by one, amazing the audiences. Leon received a big amount of applause and a standing ovation. Leon felt so happy and started to feel being appreciated by someone. On the other hand, there’s someone who was not amazed by Leon and is lurking on the shadows. Leon passed the first one and he’s going to continue for the second round the next day. Leon went to his room and shouted “Old man! Old man! Where are you? Tell me more. I need to win this, for father.” The old man didn’t show himself but, a voice came to Leon’s head. “Levitate everything you see!” Then, Leon tried it and he was successful. On the second day of competition, the audiences were waiting for him so bad. The time he showed up, the audiences went crazy, shouting his name and asking for a great show. Leon gave them an exciting performance. He started it with basic tricks he learned from his father. He pulled rabbits, rat, birds and flowers out of his hat.  Then before he ends his performance, he began to show the audiences an awesome trick. He asked for the audiences to pull out any small things they have and put it in the side of their chairs. The audiences began to show their handkerchiefs, coin, keys, watches and every small thing they can pull out. Leon levitated those things and amazed all the audiences. He lifted it up in the air and started to roll it in the air and threw at the audiences one by one to the rightful owners. The audiences and judges were amazed and can’t believe he did all that. Again, he won the second round received a big amount of applause and standing ovation. Leon was successful on his performance and heads towards his room. Still, there’s someone who wasn’t happy for his success and still watching him in the dark. After that, Leon ran towards his room happy and excited for the next day. He looked for a sign of the old on his room. He thinks deep on his thought that maybe the old man has something to say. Later on, he found an envelope. He opened it but nothing’s written. While he was looking at the envelope, a red dust began to appear. It slowly formed into a form of human then, popped like a balloon. Leon was confused. He doesn’t know what it means. But later on, he realized that maybe; just maybe he needs to show the people that he can make someone or something disappear. So, Leon went to his window and looked for someone to try it. He failed to find someone but, he found a dog and tried make it disappear. However, Leon doesn’t know how to undo the magic. He doesn’t know how to return the dog. So, he shouted and looked for the old man in his room. He thinks that the old man was just disguising. When he was about to leave his room, a man with a white hood appeared. The man’s appearance was dazzling a lot different from the old man. Leon was surprised and he thought that he was the old man. “There you are! Help me! I don’t know how to return someone that I vanished.” asked by Leon, excited. The man began to talk and told Leon that when he made something or someone disappear, it won’t come back. And he started to introduce himself. “I am Amitiel and I am here to tell you everything I know about your magic, that curse.” said by the guy in the white hood. Leon became upset and mad at the guy. “What are you talking about? What curse? How do you know my father? Aren’t you the old man? If you’re not, get lost!” said by Leon. But the guy insisted. “I’m here to help you remove the curse or else it will consume you. You’ll start taking lives someday! You need to understand! Just let me talk to you for a while. Let me tell you everything I know!” said by Amitiel pleasing Leon to listen to him. Leon settled down and tried to listen to the guy’s story.


Amitiel: As I was saying earlier, my name is Amitiel and was summoned by your father.

(Leon was shocked he can’t believe that his father made a human using his magic while, he can’t even make a real human. However, Leon didn’t interrupt Amitiel and continued listening.)

Amitiel: Your father summoned me to warn you about the curse that soon will be passed on you and it’s an unending curse that will forever be passed on your family. I could have introduced myself earlier but, I can’t because your father told me that I need to wait for the right time. And today is the right time. The people are now praising you, wanted you and appreciating your curse. You are becoming popular so, I need to tell you what to do. I need to tell you how to remove that curse before something evil happen to you.

(Leon became confused and asked Amitiel what curse. He asked Amitiel how did his father received the gift.)

Amitiel: Calm down Leon. I’m going to tell you everything. I’ve been watching you since you were a baby. Before your father became a magician, he was nothing. Your hometown Moor, was once an unknown town without a name. It was just a province where there was nothing. People are like rats looking for food and water everyday but, your father changed it. He travel to north and looked for a city even though he was dying. Your father was just walking for almost a week without food or water. On his journey to the north he found a cave. He went there searching for food and water. He didn’t find anything but, unknown words written around the cave. He ignored and continued walking inside. Later on, he went deep inside the cave and he found a pond. He drinks a lot of water in that pond and even bath on it. Later on, he found something in the deep covered with moss. He took it, removed the moss and found out that it was a book, an old book. He opened the book but, he couldn’t understand anything so he threw it back in the water. When he was about to leave the cave the book keeps popping into his head. He feels like the book was calling him. So, he came back took the book and opened it one more time. After opening the book, he was surprised that he can read it now but, he can’t understand what it says. He continued to the next page and he read every word carefully and loud. He accidentally summoned a black shadow. That shadow was Balaam a demon of greed and I am sure that he’s been showing himself to you these past few days. He often disguises as an old man wearing a black cape.

(Leon didn’t believe him at first but, right after Amitiel told him about that old man he began to listen seriously.)

Amitiel: That demon can transform into anything but, he can be easily spotted because everything he transforms into turns to black. Moving on, Balaam tricked your father as a good angel and he will give him a gift to thank him for summoning him. Your father accepted and he received the curse that he thought was a gift. Balaam taught him everything about the curse. Balaam told him that it was a magic. So, your father rushed into New York and started to show the people what he can do. He become popular, earned a lot of applause and even became popular in the whole world. But the next few years, the gift became a curse he started to feel something different. He feels like he wanted to do something. Then later that night at 6:00 PM he thirsted for something. He wanted to look for someone to vanish. He wanted to look for 6 people he can send in hell to feed the demons of Balaam. He’s not on his senses anymore. He became a different person. He started to hunt for someone. Later that night, he found a group of people and he vanished 6 people at once sending those innocent people into the depths of hell. One of them was spared and saw him. The curse can only send 6 people every night. So that girl, started to tell the police what she saw but they didn’t believe him. The police was just amazed and looked for your father. The next day your father woke up he can’t remember anything. He opened his TV and watched some news. He saw the girl crying cursing him telling the news that he was the one who did it. Your father was shocked, because he can’t remember anything so, he went outside but, the media and police were already there waiting for him. Your father was interviewed and was asked by a lot of questions. The inspectors went into his house and look for some evidence. The police can’t find anything so they left your father. Your father was left startled and don’t know what to do. He tried to find the girl to talk to her and ask few question but the girl was afraid of him. That same day at night, it happened again. This time no one sees your father but, when he woke up he found a kid’s toy on his pocket. He had no idea what happened that night so he looked closely at the toy. Then something popped on his head, memories of what he did that night were flashing on his head one by one; your father’s victims disappearing one by one. Your father was shocked don’t know what to do. So, he did some research. He looked for some details and he found out that all of those people that disappeared were vanished at the same range of time. They all vanished between 6:00 to 7:00 PM. So, your father decided to tie himself and record everything he’ll do on 6:00 to 7:00 PM while he’s tied down. Then, the next day he looked at the camera and watched himself. Your father saw himself moving and trying to remove the chains. He saw black smokes spreading out of his body. Then your father was shocked and threw the camera away. He then shouted the name of the Demon. Balaam showed himself and greeted your father a nice day like he doesn’t know anything on what’s your father’s going through. Your father didn’t mind Balaam because he already knew what Balaam did to him. Balaam tricked your father and just waited for your father to get everything he ever wanted before Balaam do something to him. After Balaam left, your father decided to go back to the cave. When he arrived, he was able to read everything on the wall. “Do not enter! Leave this cursed place! Get lost!” Then he found the book on the same place where he took it. Something was written in front. “Do not open or the demons will feast on your soul.” Your father started to faint. “What have I done?” Your father continued looking and reading what’s written inside the book using his thoughts. Your father saw all the ways to summon different kinds of demons. But, he saw something on the page. An inserted white paper was inside. He read it loud as my name was written on it. Your father knew the meaning of my name so, he summoned me to help him. He thinks that I can defeat Balaam. Alas, I can’t. I can only tell truth just by touching someone. My magical and physical strength is far too weak against Balaam. Yet, your father wanted me to guide him at least against Balaam. I feel your father’s good will and heart so I accepted what he wanted. I guided him together with your mother. I knew that day, Balaam already knew me but, he doesn’t care because he knew that I don’t have a chance against him so, he let me do what I wanted every day. Then your father decided to come back to the unknown province and help the people there. He helped the people of the province to fulfill his promise to the city. He didn’t come back to New York. Few years after, your father met your mother. But that was the time when Balaam warned your father but, your father ignored him. After you were born Balaam did something terrible. Your father was on the car together with your mother, they went to the mall to buy you a lot of things. But, on their way home Balaam did something. Balaam controlled your father’s car and crashed it into a tree causing their death. Your father called my name and I tried to help. But, Balaam is too powerful and he stopped me without even looking or doing anything to me. I tried to fly towards the car but I can’t move an inch and your father wasn’t able to use any spell because he’s on panic and he can’t get off of the handle. After that incident Balaam left your dead parents and me. But Balaam doesn’t know that your father’s memories and everything he knew were transferred to me using his magic. That’s why I was able to tell you all this. Help me stop the curse!


Leon believed Amitiel and started to ask what to do. Amitiel told Leon the location and he wanted Leon to go there with him and try to destroy the book and lock the cave. Suddenly, the old man Balaam appeared and tried to stop Leon and Amitiel. Amitiel stood up against Balaam. Balaam threw Amitiel away crashing into the window. Then Balaam pointed towards Leon angry and was about to shoot him some spell. Then Amitiel flew back covered Leon from the spell using his wings. Then Amitiel ended up his wings burned by the spell. Leon was shocked after seeing Amitiel with wings. “You’re an angel!?” But Amitiel ignored Leon and told him to run. “Run towards the cave!” said by Amitiel pulled Leon out of the room. “Use your magic to shield us from Balaam!” Leon suddenly summons the car together with his robot driver. The people around him were just amazed of what’s happening but, were unaware of anything. So they just clapped and cheered at Leon. On the other hand, they entered the car and started to drive towards the mountain where the cave is located. Balaam continued on chasing them and he doesn’t care anymore if someone saw him so, he flied and hits the car with bursting spell. The time when the people began to panic and started to run away as they saw someone got hit by the spell and was disintegrated. Then someone in the city called for an assistance of police. While Balaam was hitting the car, Leon keeps on creating a barrier to deflect the spell. They kept on roaming around the city towards the mountain ending up big amount of damage ‘caused of Balaam spells. The city police began to show up shooting Balaam but, they ended up getting freezed and disintegrated by Balaam. As Leon and Amitiel were closing in on the mountain, Balaam threw powerful spell and destroyed the barrier of Leon. The next spell Balaam used destroyed the car but, Leon was able to save himself and Amitiel using a new barrier. They ran toward the forest and get separated. Leon ran towards north where the cave is located and Amitiel ran towards south while his wings and strength were slowly regenerating. Balaam chose to follow and eliminate Amitiel as he thinks that he’s a hindrance to his entire plan. So, Balaam followed Amitiel and threw a lot of disastrous spell at him. Amitiel dodged everything and by the time Balaam threw a big spell, a lot bigger than he threw before Amitiel’s wings and strength came back and was able to dodge that big spell and flew fast towards the cave. Balaam pursued on chasing Amitiel. On the other hand Leon entered the cave he was able to read everything on the cave. Nevertheless, he continued on looking for the book. He had a hard time finding it then, he remembered what Amitiel said. He looked for a pond inside and found the book in the deep. He swam deep and found the book in the exact same place where his father saw it. He took it and went outside. After he reaches the opening of the cave, he instantly buried the cave under the rocks. On that moment, Leon smiled as he saw Amitiel flying towards him but Balaam was chasing him and was able to hit him with a spell and freezed Amitiel. Amitiel fell and broked into pieces. Leon cried and warned Balaam to go away or else he will destroy the book. Balaam laughed and told Leon to try it. Leon tried it, he tried to burn, freeze, disintegrate, bury and even tried to vanish the book but he failed. Balaam laughed at him and told him that just follow him and be rich like his father. Balaam can’t send any people to feed the demons only the carrier of the curse can. Leon cried and started to lose hope. Then Balaam said something that gave him an idea to get rid of the spell and get rid of Balaam. “There’s nothing you can do. It will forever be passed to your family!” He started to realize that he doesn’t have any family so, if he dies maybe the curse will stop and so is Balaam. So he pointed his finger onto his head. Balaam became confused and asked Leon “What are you doing?” Leon smiled and was about to disintegrate himself. Balaam panicked and flew fast toward Leon but, he was late. Leon already casted the spell and slowly disintegrated himself. Leon slowly disintegrated while cursing Balaam using his hands. Balaam tried to revoke the spell Leon used to stop his slowly disintegration but, he failed because he’s getting weak while Leon’s slowly fading. Leon disappeared in this world so as the curse. And the book slurped Balaam slowly as he has no purpose in this world anymore. Balaam tried to flew away but he failed. Leon’s identity became history. A history of a magician who can levitate any object but suddenly disappeared. The people who were left cold were unfreezed and alive. However, the people who were disintegrated cannot be returned anymore like the people who were vanished by Leon’s father. And, Amitiel slowly regenerated and was able to live again and started to guard the cave. The book disappeared and was returned to the cave but the cave is still under the mountain wide open.


© 2015 youwontbelievethis


Author's Note

youwontbelievethis
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the story? , thanks for readying

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on October 27, 2015
Last Updated on November 12, 2015
Tags: cursed magic, youwontbelievethis