Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Molly

WYATT PORTER



“You’re being ridiculous!”

Taylor is yelling at me again.

She’s always yelling at me, especially over the past few weeks. And it’s always over the stupidest s**t.

“I’m being ridiculous? You’re the one who’s yelling at me for being two minutes late,” I say, trying to keep my voice at a reasonable level, unlike her. I mean, we’re in the car together. Why does she have to scream?

“It’s not just about you being late! It’s about the fact that my mom even commented about it! You know how serious she is about tardiness, Wyatt. And she’s already not the biggest fan of you,” Taylor rants.

I’m not surprised Taylor’s mom doesn’t like me much. It doesn’t have anything to do with her not being the “biggest” fan. She’s not a fan at all. No one’s parents are a fan of me and probably for good reasons.

“Well, I’m sorry. I can’t help what your mom thinks of me,” I shrug.

Taylor scoffs. “Yes you can! You just choose not to.”

She could be right, but I don’t admit it. Pleasing other people isn’t really something I choose to dwell on.

“Either way, if your mom doesn’t like me then that’s her fault,” I say.

Taylor rolls her eyes. “You are such an a*****e.”

“I’m an a*****e?” I ask, raising a brow.

“Yes! Your stupid bad boy attitude is complete s**t, and I’m sick of it,” she tell me.

Sure you are. We both know that “bad boy attitude” is the main thing you like about me.

I let out an annoyed huff as I pull into the parking lot of the school and find a parking spot.

“If you’re so sick of it then why don’t we just f*****g breaking up,” I offer, shaking my head.

I’ve given her this outlet many times before, but she never takes it. Breaking up means she’ll lose most of her status at school as well. That’s something I know she’ll do anything to protect.

“Oh, you’d like that wouldn’t you? That way you could just go f**k any girl you want,” Taylor hisses.

I roll my eyes.

“Yes, you’re completely right. I just want to f**k every girl so bad,” I mock her.

“You’re such a pig,” she opens her door and climbs out before slamming it behind her.

Why did I decide to do this whole girlfriend thing?

Oh, that’s right because things used to be different.

Things between Taylor and I used to be like fire. She was way cooler than any other girl I knew. I mean, she has always bee kind of a b***h, but at first it was sort of hot. Now it’s annoying.

I give myself a moment to take a deep breath before getting out of the car.

“When you decide to get your head out of your a*s, you let me know!” Taylor yells, causing other students’ heads to turn in our direction.

I let out a small huff, shrugging off the looks.

“Alright, babe. I’ll make sure to do that,” I say, pulling my backpack on.

Taylor shoots me a dirty look before spinning on her heels. She storms off to the front doors of our school, her hair swinging as she walks.

That’s how I always know Taylor is pissed at me. Her hair swings and she sticks her a*s out a little. I’d almost take the opportunity to appreciate her a*s, if I knew she wasn’t so mad at me.

I stand there for a moment, giving her a head start before I head inside as well.

The halls are a little chaotic since it is before school, but I’m still able to get around. Most people part like the red sea when they see me. Not because they’re afraid of me, well some could be, but because I’m known as “that” guy.

By “that” guy I mean I’m the guy everyone apparently wants to be or be with. I’m not saying this because I’m conceited or anything. I’m saying this because that’s what people tell me all the time.

In a way, it’s nice, but in a bigger way, it’s annoying. And I also don’t understand how or why it happened, but it did. I guess I’ll just blame the good genes I got from my parents.

“Hey, Wyatt!” I hear a voice call from behind me.

I turn to find my best friend, Garrett.

Garrett is an awesome guy. We’ve known each other since we were in third grade and he has the personality of a golden retriever. Unless you make him mad. He would also probably hold the title of “that” guy if I wasn’t around.

“What’s up?” I ask as he catches up to me.

“Just doing the morning rounds, man,” he says, a huge smile spreading across his face.

I nod. “Cool, cool.”

“And one thing I heard during my laps is that you and Taylor were fighting in the parking lot this morning,” Garrett says, lifting his brows.

I shrug.

Jesus, why does news have to spread so fast?

“I guess if you want to call it that,” I say.

“Is everything okay with you guys?” Garrett asks.

Down the hallway I can see Taylor talking with her two good friends, Jacklyn and Marisa. I can tell by the way she’s moving her hands around that she’s ranting about me.

“It’s just the same s**t, different day,” I say. “She’ll be over it by lunch.”

Garrett only nods, and the subject altogether. He’s kind of a gossip guy, which is why he had to ask me about the Taylor thing. But he always believes what I tell him over everyone else. For obvious reasons.

Just then, Brent Smith suddenly appears at my side, a smug smile spread across his face.

“Hey, Wyatt. How’s it goin’, man?” Brent asks.

Brent is cool, but he kind of thinks he’s cooler than he actually is. Plus, he always acts like we’re best buds, but only when he wants something. Don’t get me wrong, we’re friends. I just don’t go out of my way to always hang out with the dude.

Plus, Brent is only really part of the “in” crowd because of his older brother, Jeremy. Jeremy led the school’s basketball team to two championships until he graduated a year ago, which definitely put him in the running to be “that” guy.

“It’s going good,” I tell Brent, wondering what he could want.

“Awesome. Hey, I’m having a party tonight at my place and I was wondering if you two would want to come?” He asks, his smile growing wider.

I’ll hand it to him, Brent always throws awesome parties, but he usually invites me for other reasons than just to be friendly. He uses it as a tactic to get girls there. I know this because I’ve witnessed him doing it during multiple different occasions. But that doesn’t bother me enough to turn down a party.

I look over at Garrett and lift a brow as if I’m saying, “You wanna?”

Garrett just shrugs back, making his answer loud and clear.

“We’re in,” I tell Brent, which causes him to let out a small cheer.

The dude literally cheers.

“Awesome, man!” I’ll see you guys tonight. Party starts around nine!” Brent backs away before making his way down the hallway.

I immediately see him stop three girls, no doubt baiting them to come to the party by slipping in my name.

“Looks like we’re set for our Friday night,” Garrett says, giving me a high five.

God knows I need a drink after dealing with Taylor’s wrath this morning.



© 2015 Molly


Author's Note

Molly
Ignore grammar issues! Thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on March 15, 2015
Last Updated on March 15, 2015
Tags: love, teen, romance, angst, young adult, high school, nonfiction


Author

Molly
Molly

About
I just completed my freshman year of college and I am a Elementary Education major. I have always had a strong passion for writing and reading, so I'm always writing short stories, poems, rambles, etc.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Molly


Without a Plan Without a Plan

A Book by Molly


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Molly