Chapter 2: Her Hair

Chapter 2: Her Hair

A Chapter by Kaelyn

 Huntar’s POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Huntar. I live with my older brother Elmer in a big house that he ‘bought’ being the boss of an electrician company. I have lived all my life with his burnt food and strange personality. A girl a grade lower than me but the same age moved in with us after her tent, her only home, was destroyed in a rockslide. This time, she’s in control of the food and boy does it taste better than what Elmer conjures up.

Kirlia and I, well we have things in common. We both are and were neglected with more differences that single us out from all the kids in the school. We are both smart, well I happen to be smarter than her. After all, I skipped seventh grade. Highschool, no problem at all. I could skip more grades if I wanted to, but I didn’t want to go to college just yet.

Kirlia had helped me out when I was being bullied by a bully and a lyer who said I stole his CD which I didn’t. He just wants to get in a good fight and win on the weak so he can get more followers. He won every single fight until Kirlia became the new girl and beat his a*s to the ground.

She has better sense of humor than I do and can be really shy with independency floating around just like she said. She’s fun to hang around with but hardly ever laughs. I’m lucky if I even get one giggle to spill from her throat.

On the day we decided to mover her things in that weren’t destroyed, we came to the rock pile that had stuff peeking out from the bottom. She sighed as she bent down to pick up her guitar. “Oh Kito, your all dirty.” she said swiping dirt away from the stings. She stood up and strummed its strings all at once to make sure nothing was broken and threw the strap over her shoulder. She pushed the guitar away from her so it was resting on her back. “Wait, that’s Kito?” I asked and she just simply nodded so I shrugged.

“Go hide behind a tree a yard back or so.” she said out of nowhere.

“Why?” I asked.

“Unless you want your head beat off from your neck, I suggest that you do as I say.” she said with a serious tone making me do as she said.

When I got behind the tree, I heard the trees trembling as the wind quickened at such a fast pace that it wasn’t natural. I looked up past the leaves that were panicking while hanging on for their lives to the branches. The clouds started darkening too fast that there was no way that it was natural. Lighting sprouted from the clouds striking the rocks making two or three fly over her head and hit the tree I was hiding behind. Next the clouds above the rock pile started swirling about one hundred miles per hour as it slowly came down at the rock pile. Kirlia was just standing there as if she wasn’t going to get hurt. I meant to call her name to get out of there but was stopped by my astonoshment when the tornado hit the pile of rocks. Rocks started flying everywhere and none of them targeted Kirlia as an enemy. They just flew off lading iin the dirt a couple yards away leaving her things unscratched and revealed.

I stood there frozen as she ran up to her crushed tent that might have been impossible to recover some of her items. When she crawled into the tent, I noticed all my joints were frozen like a popsicles. Well popsicles can’t bend now can they?

She came out from under the tent with a box of stuff that was hers. Once she walked past me she looked over her shoulder. “You commin’?” she asked.

“What was that back there?” I asked scurrying over to her side.

“Tell anybody and I’ll set one on you.” she said with no humor in her voice giving me a clut that, that was probably going to happen.

I wasn’t going to tell anybody in the first place. All I want to know is what that was.” I said in a calm tone as if I wasn’t bothered by her straight tone.

“I take it as a curse but He says it’s a gift. I can’t belive Him in the slightest.” She wasn’t maing any sense.

“”Who’s He?”

“God.”

“You spoke to God?”

“No practically. His exact words when he threw this ‘gift’ at me was ‘You have been blessed dear child with the greatest gift I could give anyone. Use this gift wisely or forever be cursed! You will meet the sinned and pure hearts. You will have to make out which are which. Good luck dear child God be with you.’ After that I had changed. I was the opposite of who I am now backing in third grade."

“So you can control weather?”

“Strong weather that would count as natural disasters. I still don’t know why He would give me something that involves destroying. Why couldn’t He give me something like…to make flowers grow or something?” tha ;ast part was mostly to herself I assumed.

“Maybe when he was giving you this so called ‘gift’ something went wrong.”

“God doesn’t make mistakes.”

“Everybody makes mistakes at one point.”

“But if it was a mistake, why didn’t He fix it already?”

“Maybe it was meant for you to fix? Something like that maybe? I’m not God ya know.”

We went into the house, up the stairs, and into a room that we made hers. It was the blue painted room, but when we both saw the rest, both of our mouths dropped a mile. She was so surprised that she dropped her box. I knew that I was surprised but I also knew that I shouldn’t have been. I knew Elmer too well enough.

“You like your room Miss Annes?” Elmer asked popping up from behind us.

There were dark green curtains hiding the windows, a big bed with blue blankets, a green wardrobe, a wall mirror that had a blue trim, and a wooden rocking chair in the corner. There was a little table next to her bed that held a lamp and a glass of water.

“Elmer, don’t you think you over did it this time?” I whispered into my brother’s ear.

“Of course not.”

She picked up her partly smushed brown box and set it on the bed. “You shouldn’t have done this Elmer. This is too much.”

“Oh, it didn’t cost much.” he smirked.

Now our family was given special powers ever since our great great great great and so on grandparents were given them. Elmer had gotten the power to make pictures come alive and a catalog is exactly where her furniture came from. Crazy right?

Kirlia started to unpack her box and started with a partly cracked small picture frame with her parents and her mom with her down in the middle. She looked to be in third grade and still had her white long hair. After she set Kito against the wall on the other side of the small table, I asked, “Who’s those people in the frame?” she looked up at us with a straight expression then over to her picture. “Tha’t my mom who died when our house blew up, and that’s my dad, he left when I was in third grade.” She went back to organizing her things.

“Well thanks for the room.” she said looking around her completely filled in room. “Oh, speaking of rooms, I’ll make dinner.” she said walking past us. We followed her and saw her slide down the rail. She was quite interesting, I thought as I stroked my imaginary beard.

“What’s that look for?” Elmer asked.

“Oh nothing.”

“Uh huh, right.” he said awkwardly. I just rolled my eyes.

When we walked into the kitchen she had a pot out and it was set on the stove. Shoe poured water into the pot carefully with a measuring cup an dflipped on the fire to high. About ten minuets later, she poured uncooked noodles in there and let them cook until they were not burnt and not too under cooked. After a bunch of stirring with a ladel, she chopped carrots, sprinkled brocholi, and tossed in some seasonings as if she was a famous chef from one of those cook off shows. She stirred a little while longer and then it was time to turn off the stove. She got out three bowls and and poured noodles and vegitables into each one. “Dinner is served.” she said and set it on the dinning room table just outside the door to the kitchcen.

When I took one single morsel thinking it was bad, well, it wasn’t. Actually, it seemed that I had reached heaven just from tasting the broth. The my tongue tingled as the reaction to unburnt food and some well cooked vegitables instead of burnt meat.

After we all finished our bowls I meant to ask her for more but I was interrupted. “I’m tired. I’m going to go to sleep. You can get more out of the pot if you want there’s plenty more. Thanks for the home you guys.” we nodded shooing her upstairs just so we could pig out in the pot.

In the morning, she made us some killer pancakes that thankfully were not burnt ad tasted fluffy just like the way they were supposed to taste.

“Damn this was a good idea to take her in.” said elmer putting a pound of maple syurup on his pancakes. She giggled. Giggled.

On our way we hardly spoke so there really isn’t interesting to tell. But school was pretty interesting.

When we got to school, everyone stared at us…mostly Kirlia though. But she didn’t seem to notice or she didn’t care. Either way, she didn’t pay attention to anyone. It was as if she was used to it. That’s when I knew she was the kind of person who didn’t care what anybody thought. I wish I could have the ability to do that!

“Hey girl! Hangin’ out with that moron now are you?” yelled Braden from a couple yars away letting a sharp look stab him that came from Kirlia making him cower down as if he was saying, “I’m not worthy! I’m not worthy!”

She walked over to him without emotion. “You’re still not hanging out with these b******s are you?” His crew’s faces dropped into offended expressions. That’s when I knew she liked to start fights as muc as she liked breaking in the middle and stopping them.

“Oh, I’ll take you on right now!”

“Don’t waste your energy because you know you’ll loose to a girl like me.”

“Oh yeah! Like I would loose to a girl with gray hair making you look like an old grandma!” Braden burst out laughing like the rest of his crew.

Her hair was long and silver that went down to her ankles in ponytails so they could have went longer if she took her ponytail out. But her hair was too silver to pass as a grnadma. Braden just made that up as the best come back he could think of. Her bangs were black as night though which was peculiar. I guess that’s what happens when you get a gift from God.

“You did Braden-last week, remember?”

“Y-you..c-caught me o-off guard.” he stuttered.

“You have your guard up then?”

“Oh Hell I do!”

“Then take me on right now.”

“Hell with it! I will!”

“Kirlia-I don’t think it’s such a good idea to do that.” I said

“Put a sock in it lover boy!” yelled Braden making me step back as if I didn’t care.

“Leave it to me Huntar. After I’m done with him, he won’t be bothering us anymore.”

Braden kept running at her with an open fist and she just stood there with her arms crossed looking annoyed. Right before he reached her she grabbed his fist with one hand and kept it a couple inches away from her face. “What’s the matter Braden? Givin’ up already?” she teased. He ripped his arm away and brought his foot up thinking that was going to get somewhere but she grabbed and twisted it. A distressful yell ran from his mouth and after she realized what she was doing, she let go. The bell rang making her say, “Think twice before you walk up to any grandma to pick a fight.”

She was the most bravest person I had ever met, and she was strong if she held Braden’s limbs back with no effort. It was after school that bothered me.

After school I was walking out of the double doors when I saw Kirlia getting beat up on the grass just in front of a street light. She was covering my face but Braden still got to her nose. “Not so strong now are you grandma?” Braden laughed as he continued to kick her. I ran up to him and pushed him off giving Kirlia time to jump to her feet an dthwack him with her backpack sending him to a puddle of mud that was going to get worse as the light rain continued. She wiped the blood from her nose, slung her backpack over her shoulder, and started walking away so I followed.

“Are you o-”

“Fine.” she didn’t let me finish.

“Are you su-”

“Positive.”

“How’d he get you down like that?”

“Him and his friends came out of nowhere and took me down letting him beat me up.”

“I’m glad I came to help.”

When we got home she sat right at the dinner table and started to read her thick book that looked like a horror book since the letters It was In red.

“How was school?” Elmer asked toward Kirlia.

“Fine.” I spoke for her.

“I want to hear that from Ms. Annes.”

“It was fine.” she looked down at her book as her eyes skimmed across the page.

“Details?”

She stood up and slammed her book down on the table. “It was fine Elmer.” she saod forcfeuly through her teeth. She then snatched her book and sped walked up the stairs.

“I guess it was a bad day, huh?”

“Yeah.”

“So what happened?”

“If you want the details, go ask Kirlia.”

“But she won’t give me the details.” he whined like a five year-old.

“Well, then you won’t get them.”

I heard thunder crack and a flash of white light in the corner of my eye. I turned my head to the window to see rain falling fast with lighting flashing every ten seconds.

“What the hell? Wasn’t it just sunny?” Elmer said walking over to the window.

The bright sky had grown dark from the clouds that draped the sun like a curtain making it seem like seven o’ clock at night.

“I’ll be right back.” I said and walked away. I skipped up the stairs and walked slowly up to her door that was cold. I set my ear on the wood and heard whimpering that sounded a bit like crying. I looked down at the carpet and felt kind of sad. She didn’t deserve to be hurt like that, it was Braden who deserved it. I thought of her as innocent but that kind of took two ways when I realized that she was making it rain.

“Youy made her cry.” I said when I got downstairs and over to Elmer.

“You went into her room?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

“No stupid, I could hear it outside of her door.”

“Sure.” a sly grin spread across his face and I rolled my eyes.

I went back upstairs to do my homework in my room that was across Kirlia’s ten minuets later and when I turned to my door, I couldn’t hear her trembling voice anymore.

I walked up to her door an dpressed my ear up against it. Still nothing, so I opened her door slowly in relief that the door didn’t squeak. I poked my head in and saw that she was asleep on her side with glimmering cheeks. I smiled and walked in and over to her bed. I pulled the covers over her because I could see goose bumps rising on her skin. I walked out and closed the door hearing her yawn.



© 2011 Kaelyn


Author's Note

Kaelyn
The story changes point of views so you'll get to see the story on different characters.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on December 18, 2011
Last Updated on December 18, 2011


Author

Kaelyn
Kaelyn

Upland, CA



About
I'm a tomboy...so I'm female. I don't normally like nailpolish, dresses, bumped up hair, ponytails, high squealy giggles, drama, gossip. I'm more into blood, horror, bike riding, reading, anime, hrmmm.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Stolen Chapter 1: Stolen

A Chapter by Kaelyn