imagine a poem happened

imagine a poem happened

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto

imagine a poem happened
imagine war just stopped
like in a Looney Tunes cartoon
and the exploded buildings
and people
just pulled themselves together
and the pieces fit perfectly well
as if nothing had happened
imagine
those who devised the contact
had a change of heart
a change of strategy
and just wrote pastoral poetry
instead
would society miss the noise
the poise
of bombs aimed in ruthless pursuit
imagine war just.
erin-cilberto
3/26/23

© 2023 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I might sound like an old hippie but if there were more artists than politicians, we'd be way happier. I like the childlike innocence of this poem. To be honest, it's not just direct war that needs to end, but also the war caused by political and religious extremism. Nowadays we experience a war of ideas every day with more people becoming radicalized due to social media.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

I am an old hippie freak...so hippie on, Moonie.
Yes those other wars need to end...the polit.. read more
Amazing, I will try to skip the pretense. You deserve better. I love how you concluded this so brilliantly.
"imagine war just."
You really should think about trying to get published. I really would love to have a book of your poetry in my collection.
This is an impossible dream, unfortunately, people would miss the chaos and the devastation . Unfortunately, I believe, we are partly wired to be barbaric and savage, not that it is an excuse, we should fight it everyday, and good people do, but that is my belief. It is, however, a beautiful dream, and one we should never all-together give up on, or stop striving for.


Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you for your kind words, Light...
you can find me on amazon or just google jacob erin-c.. read more
light and ashes

1 Year Ago

Really?!?....Wow. That's great. I had no idea.
That's all folks.

The tune is lunacy. But then 'just' depends on what side of the war you draw on. The defense of a nation and people is just. Those who devise the contact are not. Apparently we need the noise 'cause there sure is a lot of it.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

Yes, "just"----thank you for your understanding, Bill,
j.
"Imagine there's no heaven?"...I hear the influence and love the pondering...it's a violent universe and the world affords us this life no different so "Imagine" a master plan at work that includes the killing of children and war ??.." I wonder if you can? " ..this one ended with a chime that could split the meaning of mountains but I think any reason to bring Mel Blanc into a poem about war...Man! You have to take it and run like the lies that ruin us all eventual by eventual. A wonderful read J. Thanks~

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you for your very kind review, Perdition,
j.
Well, they killed voices who called for this... John, King.. and so on.
But, we will keep " imagine" and " Give Peace a Chance " alive through poetry like this .

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

I hope so, thank you, WM.
we need some peace.
I do heed as you say marvelously. Your message is much needed for we are headed to extinction of the human race. God help us all. No one is immune.
We keep imagining sir.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

poets ride that imagine train...or Cat Stevens' "Peace train sounding louder, everyone ride on the p.. read more
Sami Khalil

1 Year Ago

Wow! So true and well said. You are welcome sir Jacob.
Dreams and wishes, we all have them and I am sure behind them, very good intentions but sadly things don't really work out that way. Like you, I can't see why everyone can't get along, why we can't just live and let live. Why the world has to be in a state of constant turmoil. I like your message, and "I wish" it would come true.

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

maybe someday, will,
thanks
Jacob,

All to much like me, you imagine that which The Power Behind The Thrones (as per my poem: https://www.writerscafe.org/writing/FlynndeGraham/2826149/ ) most assuredly frown upon, and which I do believe that John Lennon dared to Imagine ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugrAo8wEPiI ) as well, and I do consider it more than just a theory of possibility that the U.S. govt had a hand in his fandom street killing demise ... Governments fear all who dare to dream, all who dare to think freely, and all who dare to speak that which they dream and think ... Free Thinking is contagious, and govts cannot have such a peaceful result ... Governments do not seek any end to War, but work to wage that next war with speaking words of seeking peace ... Excellent poetry Jacob ...

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 1 Year Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

1 Year Ago

thank you for your kind review, Marvin,
j.
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

1 Year Ago

Jacob,

If you haven't ventured to read it as of yet, you might enjoy my poem, What Th.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 27, 2023
Last Updated on March 27, 2023

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren