Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Things that are unfortunately happening on this site

Things that are unfortunately happening on this site

A Story by jacob erin-cilberto

There is no fiction here. There is overwhelming evidence of a scam. How could any person who calls himself or herself a poet intentionally take advantage of another.
We are here to share poetry and stories and support each other, not make money off each other.

Shame on you, Tony. Own up. Refund the money and please take your presence somewhere else.

Divya trusted you. When folks try to pull these scams, it not only breaks trust, it makes it hard to trust in future, even when the the other person is sincere. 

I support Divya 100% in this situation. Tony opened up the wound by posting in public what should have been a private matter, and it appears that was just to cover his own indiscretion.

What Divya has posted is proof that he received her money...there can be no denying what occured.

I am sorry to see this black mark on the cafe...But it is a Good Site, with so many good people, and excellent writers, who are here for the right reasons.

j.

© 2023 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is shocking. It just shows what some people will stoop to to steal from others. I have to say the site itself is not 'policed' and if it were then people like this guy could not operate for long. Over the years there have been some nasty trolls operating at will. The site does not respond to complaints and they are semingly fre to roam around the cafe. Several writers have had their pages copied (cloned) and as a result have been misrepresented and villified because of nasty posts put up on thses false pages. Despite it being simple to spot thse pages they still cause mayhem. The site has allowed many to enjoy the cafe but it also alows destruction and pain. Divya is a treasure and she does not desrve to be treated like this. I have to say her fightback is amazing and she is one fiesty poet! Go get him Divya!

Posted 6 Months Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

6 Months Ago

Thank you dear John.



Reviews

I agree totally with this and have read all the story and supporting evidence. I support DIVYA in this matter 100%. Thank you jacob

Posted 6 Months Ago


Thanks Jacob, I did not know about this.

Divya, I am so sorry you have had this happen to you. I hope you are doing well. And I hope you continue to write your lovely poetry.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

6 Months Ago

Yes, I'll try to stick around, dear redzone. Thanks.
I did nor know that. Wow!
I stand with all the great poets on this site, who are honing their craft, sharing their art. It is abhorrent and despicable when someone wicked take advantage of others, earn their trust then to stab them in the back.
Thank you for exposing those wicked ones.

Posted 6 Months Ago


From the amount of support Divya is receiving, I'd say Red 93 had better move his literary efforts to another location. Hamas might be able to utilize his brand of talent.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

6 Months Ago

I'm grateful for the support 🙏 Thanks John.
I'm just finding this out now. I'm sorry Divya had to be taken advantage of, but as we know, this site is unsafe and vulnerable to trolls or anyone else with nafarious deeds in mind. The owner simply doesn't care. If I know I'm not going to be on for a while I close my account knowing someone can rob anything of mine they want. I can't even close it. I also had trouble posting. When I'm here, I only read now.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

6 Months Ago

Thanks for the kind words, dear Relic.
Sorry to hear that one of our poets is experiencing some nasty bit of work.

Unfortunately Divya has blocked me, so I am unable to get the full gist of the incident.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

6 Months Ago

Thank you very much for the sympathetic words, dear Ted.
Fraudsters are too many online. If you cut their head they grow new heads. I'm sorry for this lady. She is not getting a refund.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

6 Months Ago

Thank you Sapphus
It is a good site. Like you said. All places have the good the bad ppl. I hope it works out for better for all. Strong words.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

6 Months Ago

I hope so too. Thanks Tania
Dear J, this whole situation is ugly and distressing. Sadly these days there is so much scamming going on. DIVYA has my full support. It would be helpful in instances such as these to have advice and backup from the site owners.

Chris


Posted 6 Months Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

6 Months Ago

Thank you so much, my dear friend Chris.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2023
Last Updated on October 19, 2023

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..