What you should consider before taking the plunge and getting a pool

What you should consider before taking the plunge and getting a pool

A Story by Arnold Kotak
"

While many people do not necessarily think about getting a pool in the middle of winter, it is a good time to start getting your thoughts straight for making such a big purchase.

"
While many people do not necessarily think about getting a pool in the middle of winter, it is a good time to start getting your thoughts straight for making such a big purchase.  Yes, a pool in the height of summer (when we get one, that is) is a fantastic idea, there is little benefit in waiting for the heat to start rising before getting construction under way.

There are lots of things to consider when it comes to swimming pool installation, and it is worth taking the time to research all the different options available to you, and looking at the budgets associated with them.



Do you have the space?

One of the first things you need to think about is whether or not you have the required space to have a swimming pool installed at your property.  You may be considering performing a basement conversion and having an indoor pool fitted.  Alternatively you may go for an outdoor pool, in which case you need to ask yourself whether you  are going to have an above ground or an in ground option.

If you are going for an outdoor pool, regardless of the type you opt for you are also going to have to think about the quality of the ground itself and whether it is going to be possible to dig down enough to have your pool installed.  Generally speaking it is important to make sure you get the right guidance from professionals in this area to ensure you are getting the very best in advice, and you are being steered in the right direction.

Budget

The next thing you have to think about is the budget.  It is important that you have a good idea about all of the costs associated with your installation.  Do you have to have the full basement conversion completed in order to get your pool in, and is this going to require structural changes to be undertaken?  If the work is outside an in ground pool is going to cost significantly more as there is more work to be done in order to get the area prepared for installation.

It is also important to think about the ongoing costs of your pool, for example, heating costs and general maintenance.  Will you be paying someone over to clean the pool for you, or are you going to undertake this yourself?  Have you considered the costs of pumps and the pipework that needs to be laid?  Are you going to install solar panels to power the heating of your pool?  While this may be a more expensive outlay in the first place, it can work out cheaper in the long run and is worth a consideration.

© 2015 Arnold Kotak


Author's Note

Arnold Kotak
The author has a keen interest in pools and hot tubs. His articles on the subject inform readers about all aspects of swimming pool industry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
Added on January 26, 2015
Last Updated on January 26, 2015
Tags: swimming pool installation, United Kingdom

Author

Arnold Kotak
Arnold Kotak

New York, NY



About
The gastric juices of young children contain, in addition to those just mentioned, the enzyme rennin, which acts on milk. Some foods, including simple sugars and alcohol, are absorbed directly through.. more..

Writing