The Eclipse: Chapter 5

The Eclipse: Chapter 5

A Chapter by Eva Sirois

 

    A couple hours later, Fabian and I ate some bread and greens that he had collected, with fish. Well, Fabian had fish. I had politely declined. Auron found it hilarious and ironic that I lived in a fishing village on the edge of the ocean, that most everyone in the village fished, but yet I didn't eat fish. I hated it.

    “Fabian?”

    He cast me a glance. “Yeah, Elara?”

    “Why did you have that look on your face when you realized who my mother was?” I remembered his face so clearly, but hadn't really been able to concentrate on that until now.

    Fabian's eyes darkened. “What look?” he asked softly. I knew that I was getting onto a dangerous topic, but I had to know.

    “Like, you were really shocked to see us, and, like, horrified.” I glanced at his face. It was stiff, closed off. I sighed.

    “I don't know what you are talking about,” Fabian said stiffly, and I dropped it.

    “Where are you from?” I asked.

    His lips twitched in a small smile. “Latchnor. I was raised by my father Wy...Wylow.”

    I tipped my head, wondering why he hesitated. “Wylow? That's an unusual name.”

    “Yes,” he said curtly, and turned away. Okay, then. What did I say?

    We were silent for a while, until Fabian broke it. “Who is your father?”

    I shrugged. “I don't know. He left us at my birth.”

    “What was your mother's name?”

    Surprised, I looked up. He seemed nonchalant, but there was an urgency in his eyes, and his face was tense. “You really do suck at hiding your feelings, you know that?” I remarked before I could stop myself.

    His mouth hardened. Whoops. “What was her name?”

    “Caslynn.” Satisfaction and worry clouded his features, and sadness. “You know her?”

    “Yes,” he said very quietly.

    “How?”

    His head snapped up, and his features hardened again. “Never you mind. Just get some sleep.”

    I sighed, and lay down on the grass, with an extra blanket of Fabian's covering me, and drifted off to sleep.



© 2011 Eva Sirois


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on May 28, 2011
Last Updated on May 28, 2011


Author

Eva Sirois
Eva Sirois

About
I'm a sophomore in high school, and I love to write. I spend most of free time writing when I'm not being drowned in homework or busy with jazz band and marching band. I typically write fantasy becaus.. more..

Writing