I Write Poetry

I Write Poetry

A Poem by Barbara Walker

People write poetry for diverse reasons,

as in poems that describe the yearly seasons.

Poetry can cause your heart to soar,

making you want to write even more.

It can make love words flow

and can make a friend of a foe.

If you give poetry a chance,

it can describe angel's performing a celestial dance.

Poetry can show the love for father and mother

and describe the antics of your brother.

Poetry can describe anything people do,

it can reveal the hatred, too.

Poems have been written about a day at the beach,

nothing is out of poetry's reach.

It can make kings of old come alive

or make you sad enough to cry.

Poetry can help relationship's to mend

and it can also help them to end.

I write poetry of who, what or when,

as the blood from my heart flows to my pen. 

 

04/26/08

 

© 2010 Barbara Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

its wonderful how you write about this magic,it can do wonders to our lives ,it can bring such beauty in us and in others we tell about ,it can unravel secrets of live yet never told before ,it has such beauty in words that it will send us high flying and dreaming of faraway things we could even imagine them so real,we could dream of wonderful worlds so serene,no hatred ,no worries ,no pains ,and those dreams will look so lively like its in front of us i like dreamy worlds ,i got sick of realists,look what they done to our lives ,i would rather dream than really live dream and dream a lot ,may be one day these dreams come true,then its a world worthy of living,yes poetry can help us do all that and more,it is a magic world and i just love and love every word of your writing...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this very much. It expresses your love of poetry very well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Barbara Walker

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Barbara,

Poetry has been a medium of expression for centuries. That it has lasted the test of time only proves the power it has on us.

The youthful sound of innocence of the poem is refreshing and makes for a very up beat and lively read. At it's heart lies the truth, which you carry proudly on your sleeve.

Poetry is our emotions!

You do not obscure or hide the meaning or intent of the piece and in it you reflect how so many on the WC feel.

Kind Regards,
Jake

Posted 11 Years Ago


Barbara Walker

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the kind review!
I want to marry this piece of art, I'm in love with it....love poetry about poetry! Excellent Barbara.

'It can make love words flow
and can make a friend of a foe.'

Or the opposite which was apparent on this site as of late...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Barbara Walker

11 Years Ago

Thank you! Bad experience lately?
This was beautiful, I love the way you have written this and put your message across, it is wonderful.

"People write poetry for diverse reasons," -

Poetry does alot for us, we write poetry when we are unhappy, happy or whenever. Poetry helps us express our true feelings and helps us get through tough times. Sometimes it is better than actually speaking about problems because it is easier, no one asks questions directly.

"I write poetry of who, what or when,
as the blood from my heart flows to my pen."

Just a couple of my favorite lines! You speak the truth, it's great. This was great, very well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Barbara Walker

11 Years Ago

Thank you, once again, for your kind review!
s y e

11 Years Ago

Anytime
simply beautiful..........i love the message you have conveyed with such a flow and charm throughout the content...thanks. loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your words are true. We write poetry when we are sad, happy and alone. I believe the writer also must write the truth. Wasn't for Hemingway, Helen Jackson, Twain and Nevil Shute. (So many great writers) The history would be forgotten and we would not know the truth. People who desire to write. Do have responsibility to expand the emotion of love, pain and truth. I like this poem. Made me think tonight. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


its wonderful how you write about this magic,it can do wonders to our lives ,it can bring such beauty in us and in others we tell about ,it can unravel secrets of live yet never told before ,it has such beauty in words that it will send us high flying and dreaming of faraway things we could even imagine them so real,we could dream of wonderful worlds so serene,no hatred ,no worries ,no pains ,and those dreams will look so lively like its in front of us i like dreamy worlds ,i got sick of realists,look what they done to our lives ,i would rather dream than really live dream and dream a lot ,may be one day these dreams come true,then its a world worthy of living,yes poetry can help us do all that and more,it is a magic world and i just love and love every word of your writing...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2008
Last Updated on May 28, 2010

Author

Barbara Walker
Barbara Walker

Lake Havasu City, AZ



About
I am retired from the Postal Service. I find I write poetry to help myself through difficult times and I have written many poems in response to the chronic pain I've been living with for over 30 year.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The pomegranate The pomegranate

A Story by Fayiza