The pomegranate

The pomegranate

A Story by Fayiza

 

There was somebody, there was nobody in the sky and on the earth there was nobody except GOD, the merciful.
 
Ilia was a young man. He and his young wife were a happy couple and they loved each other very very much. There wasn't a long time they have married when one morning he felt his wife is badly sick. She had pain on her reins. When a doctor visited her, he said to Ilia:" She had this pain for a long time and I don't know how she could bear it, I'm very sad to tell you that she will leave you very soon"
Ilia felt he was falling into a deep dark hole. How could he live without his lovely wife?
How could he tell her what doctor said?
 
Finally he went near her while looking at her kind eyes and holding her hands and wanted to tell about her illness but before he could speak she said:" I know I'm dieing." These words broke his heart and he embraced her warmly.
After some days she got worse. Ilia was caring her and was trying to stay beside her.
He wanted to do the best in her remained time. So every day he was asking her if she needed something that he could do.
 
One day when he asked her that question, she requested something for the first time. She said: "I'd like to have a pomegranate!"
 
This request made him happy, because finally she wanted something but it was very hard to find a pomegranate in their city and at that season. Anyway he promised to bring it for her.
 
He had to leave her alone at home. So he asked a neighbors wife to care her until he came back. He searched all of the city fruiterers but they hadn't. In the evening, Disappointed Ilia was coming back to home with empty hands that suddenly saw a coster in the bystreet. He run towards him. When he reached asked immediately: " I'd like some pomegranate, please tell me you have, have you?"
The coster answered: "You are so lucky! I have one pomegranate, can you pay for it?"
Ilia bought that expensive pomegranate and continued his way to home. In the middle of the way his foot got into a hole and he felt down, so the pomegranate flight from his hands and felt next to an old man who was sitting over there.  
Ilia stood up and walked towards to take that valuable fruit. But before reaching it, that old man took it and started to smell it. Ilia saw him closely, understood that he was blind and poor. The old man smelled and touched it and said happily: "Oh! This is a pomegranate! Where it come from? Maybe angels have sent it from the sky!"
Ilia said: "I'm sorry! But it's mine."
The Old man said: "Yours? Would you give it to me? "
Ilia answered: "I can't."
The old man became too sad and gave it back to him. He continued his way but after taking some foots he came back and gave that expensive fruit to him. The old man asked him to break that pomegranate and help him to eat it. Ilia sat next to him and put red and fresh seeds inside his mouth. By putting each of them he was remembering his ill wife, how could tell her that he gave her pomegranate to a blind man?
 
The old man had a huge appetite and ate whole of it. Then he smiled at Ilia and embraced him and said: "You are a good man! I won't forget you ever."
 
Ilia had two opposite feelings, he was happy because making that man happy and he was sad because he couldn't comply his wife's request.
 
It was sunset when he returned to his home. He didn't know how he can face with her. He thought that he should tell her what has happened. She would understand him." My GOD! Please help me!" he whispered.
 
She called him from the other room: "Ilia is that you?"
Ilia answered: "Yes, my darling!" and walked towards her. She was smiling at him. He couldn't believe what he saw! There were two big pomegranates on the table next to her bed. "Where did they come from?" Neighbor's wife entered the room and said: "My mother posted them; she knew I love these fruits, and in my hometown we have it too much." It was unbelievable. Ilia explained what happened to him. Her wife became very happy when heard what he did. "I'm proud of you! Our world is based on an important rule, actions and reactions. Although when you do a good work it comes back to you decuple; from somewhere even you can't guess."
 
 

© 2009 Fayiza


Author's Note

Fayiza
Ignore grammer problems, did you like the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

how i liked that story my friend..it was like a dream ,a sweet dream cuase you never see these feelings today
i loved how you told that the man has loved his wife so dearly..but life as always takes things from us that are so dear
she wished only for something before she passed and it was not that possible,but he made it his obligation to fulfill that wish of her..so he looked on and on till he found it ..
i loved how fate brought that blind old man in his way ..so hungry he was,he wished to eat that thing he worked hard to get..
but if you ask me love is one thing ,it may show in different ways ..but kindness and is the same all times ..i was not surprised he gave him the fruit to eat as i was not surprised that later his wife was given two more just dropped in her laps ..
thats how good people always work and do and love ..their love is extended to everyone..they know their love and kindness will be returned so many times more..thats how life should be ,not the way our world is now so ugly full of hatred ..love is something almost unknown these days ..
you told a wonderful story full of wise notions ,full of love ,of kindness ..of how people should be
i just loved your writing
lovely write..how i enjoyed this

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Kheyli khoob bood! A very sweet story full of meaning and truth. Keep it up! :)


Posted 8 Years Ago


The story brought tears to my old eyes. Your logic is true in this story. The good and bad will come back to us. People with kindness and love in their heart will have many friends and family always near. This is a outstanding story. I do appreciate your sharing of this story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes, ignoring the grammar, which I suck big-time, I really enjoyed the story... as if i have read it somewhere when i was a kid, or heard it. The style was simple and easy on the eyes. I guess as English is not ur mother tongue (nor mine), u did a great job at it. Keep sharing... Cheers :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

how i liked that story my friend..it was like a dream ,a sweet dream cuase you never see these feelings today
i loved how you told that the man has loved his wife so dearly..but life as always takes things from us that are so dear
she wished only for something before she passed and it was not that possible,but he made it his obligation to fulfill that wish of her..so he looked on and on till he found it ..
i loved how fate brought that blind old man in his way ..so hungry he was,he wished to eat that thing he worked hard to get..
but if you ask me love is one thing ,it may show in different ways ..but kindness and is the same all times ..i was not surprised he gave him the fruit to eat as i was not surprised that later his wife was given two more just dropped in her laps ..
thats how good people always work and do and love ..their love is extended to everyone..they know their love and kindness will be returned so many times more..thats how life should be ,not the way our world is now so ugly full of hatred ..love is something almost unknown these days ..
you told a wonderful story full of wise notions ,full of love ,of kindness ..of how people should be
i just loved your writing
lovely write..how i enjoyed this

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2009
Last Updated on February 5, 2009

Author

Fayiza
Fayiza

Teheran, Iran



About
::::::::::::Friendship message::::::::: I am nobody! Who are you? If you are nobody we are two! :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: There was the one, it was not the one. In the sk.. more..

Writing
A shark in love A shark in love

A Story by Fayiza


The rainbow The rainbow

A Poem by Fayiza



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Words Words

A Poem by Fran Marie


Secret Secret

A Poem by YouoweYoupay