Workin'

Workin'

A Poem by fattycbreezy52



             
            Workin'


         The same desk upon which she had always laid bare her Gucci handbag was not just a working place.
It had lots of memories attached to it,
This was the desk which had first attracted his engrossed,steely glimpse in her direction after working in the same office for two and a half years.
Damn! Such a long period of time.Had they tried harder they would have been married by now.But,she shuddered the very thought.

This was the desk which saw him advancing towards her for the first time,taking steps cautiously like a new born baby.She had first encountered his capacity to blush!

This was the desk over which he first touched her nimble hands while passing those quotidian documents.

This was the desk upon which,resting his elbow,he had first asked her for a customary hangout,say a dinner at 9.

This was the desk where in the hours of overtime,they would make out and make love in various positions,in the desolation of the mainstream workplace.

But,
This was the same desk which saw a mysterious letter from him,declaring their breakup and how things wouldn't work out.

And today after 2 years,
She looked at her work computer with the desktop having the same ugly picture of them as a couple or,now an ex-couple.Strange,that even things so ugly look beautiful when one is(was) in love.
But,grabbing the already perturbed mouse,she changed her wallpaper,after two long years,replacing it with the one displaying nothing but a smile emoticon.
Taking the chair with a slice of lemon in the chilled soda,
She got absorbed in her "mainstream" work for the day.d

© 2015 fattycbreezy52


Author's Note

fattycbreezy52
Thanks for reading something which is not exactly a poem:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Except a couple of grammatical mistakes (which could be easily corrected), I found this piece to be really engrossing. .
Memories.. Time might heal our wounds but the scars will last. . At the slightest touch those scars will bring our wounds alive. .the only thing that can be done is smile. . :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


fattycbreezy52

8 Years Ago

I hope she is doing that somewhere. I really would appreciate if she does that and continues with it.. read more
TheLostMind

8 Years Ago

She?.. well ok. . I wish her all the best :)
Interesting tale of the way we sometimes change our feelings once someone decides to leave our lives. You seem to capture in your word choice the empty echoes in her thinking as she makes the determined effort to move on.

Posted 8 Years Ago


fattycbreezy52

8 Years Ago

Aha! Thanks a lot:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2015
Last Updated on June 17, 2015

Author

fattycbreezy52
fattycbreezy52

About
Music,dancing,singing,acting,dubbing,writing and playing with voices are my areas of specialization/existence. Being a Literature student,my love for Keats,Coleridge and Blake led me all the way to t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..