7. Coming out strong.

7. Coming out strong.

A Chapter by Sarah
"

Song by Ana Johnson. Carter has a side Ivy never knew, Drew fights for what he believes in.

"
 

"So Ivy where is that infamous sister you always talk about?" I set down my fork and smirked. Ivy choked on her ice tea and my mother sent me a death glare. Kate noticed the look on my face and kicked my shin hard. I looked to her and she was smiling innocently, I sighed and turned back to the table. The guy my sister had brought along was some high up business entrepreneur; his blue eyes were like ice. Cold and uninviting, the second I met this ‘man’ I had a bad feeling about him. I looked to my sister and she looked a bit worried. As much as I hated that my sister could be a bit heartless and conniving she had cared about this thing and for her I would at least try.

“Play nice Drew.” Kate scolded when I was going to break the tension. I glared at her for ruining all my fun.

“Drew? You haven’t mentioned that name Ivy.” My sister looked slightly angry.

“Carter you see my sister is really my brother. She is a female to male transgender.” My sister spoke calmly and comfortingly as possible. The look on Carters face told me that he was one of the ones that were against transgender people or people not like him. He also looked angered and that didn’t pass my sisters notice. I saw tears form in her eyes. Carter turned swiftly to my sister.

“Your sister is a freak! You’ve been lying to me.” I stood slamming my hands on the table with such force that a glass spilt over. He had no right to judge or call me a freak. It was the excuse I needed to get rid of him.

“You listen here jerk, for some reason my sister is into you. Now she only found out so she wasn’t lying to you. Also by no means am I a freak.” I was visibly shaking with anger, only Kate’s calming hand was keeping me from slapping this fool silly, he looked like he owned the world and you could feel the arrogance come off of him in waves.

“You are a girl, its unnatural for you to be a boy. You need to get out of pretend land. You are by no means a guy.” He looked disturbed but like he knew what he was talking about.

“Its people like you that lead others to kill them selves, just by your sheer ignorance.” He stood and had a few inches on me and the physical status of a guy but this is one thing I would not back down from.

“Listen freak, I’m glad you kill your selves off. It’s freaks like you that ruin our world. Always trying buys acceptance and try to make your self-look right in society. When in reality your nothing but a tranny.” I wanted to strangle him with my bare hands.

“It’s a******s like you that lead the world with their dicks. At least I know compassion, your girlfriend only wants you to understand you don’t have to accept it.” He turned to my sister and looked at the tears coursing down her face.

“I don’t have a girlfriend or at least one that is related to freaks. Especially one that is so..” I didn’t let him finish that statement; I grabbed his collar and dragged him around the table. I threw his a*s into the ground and slammed my fist into his face. He gripped at his cheek before he rolled us over and held on to my hand bending it back until an audible snap was heard. I cried out in pain and my father tackled Carter off of me.

“You ever come near my family again let alone hurt them I will castrate you boy.” He threw Carter to the ground, he scurried away. I lay against the grass, ignoring the pain in my wrist. My sister stood and with a heart-wrenching sob she tore into the house. The look of pain was all over her face.

“Drew are you ok?” I didn’t look to who was trying to comfort me I was to pissed off.

“Do I look f*****g ok?”  I felt a hand slap my cheek.. kind of hard.

“Don’t talk to me like that.” I saw it was Kate who was next to me.

“ Sorry Katherine.” She lightly slapped me at the use of her full name.

“Lets get you to the hospital.” My father placed his arms under me and hoisted me up, I looked down at my hand it was not right. My dad began to lead me to his car but I knew my sister needed him more.

“Dad, Go. Kate is my personal nurse.” He eyes us but let us go. Kate drove me to the hospital and I began to fear as she kept running red lights, at the third red light placed my hand on her thigh.

“Slow down, no used in treatment if you get us killed.” She slowed down to just barely speeding; the silent nature and the look on her face told me she was worried. Unconsciously I began drawing circles on her thigh with my thumb.

“Did I do the right thing?” She looked at me and offered me a small smile before she turned back to the road.

“Your sister probably hates you. But you stood up for your self.” I looked out the window.

“I just thought she could do better, he wanted nothing more than to get into her pants. He was a dick… figuratively speaking of course.” She started to chuckle.

“You knew him for two hours and how did you know he wanted to get into her pants.” I gave her a pointed look but she just rolled her eyes.

“A man shows his true colors when challenged.” She eyed me.

“So you’re a cutter who has a caring side and doesn’t want to get into girls pants?” I looked at her, not planning on how this conversation was to turn out.

“Not exactly.” She laughed.

“Right so its my pants you want to get into?” She looked down and I followed her line of eye. My hand was on her inner thigh dangerously high drawing circles upon the soft skin. I pulled my hand back as if it was burned and I felt the heat rise in my face. Kate began to laugh.

“Sorry.” I mumbled and she just went back to driving.

“I didn’t know you felt like that.” It was her teasing nature that I loved, and maybe I did feel like that towards her. I was glad we arrived at the hospital and I didn’t have to deal with her smirking face.

“Stay here.” I instructed she put up a front trying to change my mind but I refused. I went to the front desk and the nurse was confused. I sighed realizing I would have to use my girl name until I transitioned. She showed me in and I waited.



© 2011 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on February 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 7, 2011


Author

Sarah
Sarah

Canada



Writing
Moment. Moment.

A Poem by Sarah


... ...

A Poem by Sarah


Mistakes Mistakes

A Story by Sarah