The Cursed King

The Cursed King

A Story by for.all.we.know
"

There was once a king born that was not celebrated but cursed, this small child’s birth brought upon a great plaque that killed anything in its path.

"

There was once a king born that was not celebrated but cursed, this small child’s birth brought upon a great plaque that killed anything in its path.  They say the day he was born the earth quacked, the animals sang of the dead they ate, and the people cried to the world, “Why must that demon continue living when I cannot!” 

This plaque continued to kill people one after another causing devastation and chaos.  People began plotting against the child as he grew older but none of these people succeeded and were only killed in the process.

His life continued and as he got older he knew he was a demon that must be eradicated, but how he wondered.  His question would be answered in a quest that would be never forgotten but would be his tragic end.

I stormed into the chambers of my father.  He looked up at me bewildered as to why I stormed in.

“Don’t look at me like that old man!” I shouted and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt lifting his fat, ugly body off the chair.

His beady black eyes stared into mine.  I could see the trembling fear that he held for me at this moment written all over his perspiring face.

“Tell me where the warlock as gone!” I shouted at him.

He held his mouth tightly shut and continued to perspire.

I threw him back into his chair and held a knife up to his neck.

“Listen to me fat, old man,” I spat into his face to get his attention.  “I will not hesitate to take your life if you don’t tell me.”

He swallowed hard and finally opened his mouth to speak.

“He has gone to the wilderness, but you will not find him.”

I laughed.  “I will find him, don’t you worry, father.”

He looked down at my still lingering knife that I held at his throat.

I smiled as he looked down.  “You are an evil person, father.  You have taken people’s money for yourself as the people lay dying in their beds, you take all their food as they starve, and to even thicken your filthiness, you have not once done good for your people!”

His eyes grew big in fear as he watched me.

“So you think after all that, I hold sympathy for a wretched man like you?” I laughed in his face.  “I’m sorry I have no mercy left for you,” and with those words I slit his disgusting throat.

I left the body of the wretched man behind and walked outside till I was atop my horse.

Atop my horse I hurriedly rode off to the town of Gretwood.  Inside this town was an inn I was staying at along with my childhood friend Raim.  Raim was a servant at my parents’ home and was the only person who would even touch or talk to me as a child.  Everyone but her would stare at me in fear and run away.

Before I entered the inn I cloaked myself and lifted the hood.  No one could know who I was otherwise I would be attacked on the spot.

As I entered the inn people stared at my black hood questioning who I was.

When I found Raim at a table in the back I sat in a chair across from her.  Raim was also cloaked but I could see her bright, clear sea blue eyes staring up at me and her usual hay colored braid was hidden.

“Did you get it out of him?” She asked as soon as I sat down.

I nodded.  “I killed him though.”

She shook her head.  “You shouldn’t have done that; the Order will come after us.”

“It doesn’t matter now.”

She sighed.  “Let’s go before they figure it out.”

As soon as we were getting ready to leave a man clad in silver armor holding out a gleaming blade entered the inn.

The man looked at Raim and I.  “You two!” He shouted pointing a finger at us.

He quickly ran over before I could dodge him and grabbed my arms and forcefully threw off my hood.  The once confused look he had turned into a twisted smile.  He dragged my body outside to the front of the inn and began to shout, “Look at our glorious damned king!”

He bound my hands together and threw me on the ground.

I looked up at Raim as she stood in the crowd.  Quickly and without hesitation, she drew her knife and threw it at the knight.  The knife landed in his shoulder and as he looked down at it we took it as the chance to run to my horse.

Once atop my horse we quickly galloped away.

 

Hours later we made our way to the wilderness where the warlock now resided.  Upon entering it we got off our horse and made our way on foot.

As we made our way through the thicket of trees and fog we began to hear a sinister laugh.  I stopped in my tracks and began to look around me.

“Why hello my Cursed King, what prestige I have earned to have you visit me!” He shouted.  His voice sounded so twisted that it could make anyone go insane by just hearing it.

“Show yourself warlock and rid me of my curse!” I shouted at full force.

His sinister laugh began again.  “Oh but first you must defeat me!”

A body clad in all red appeared out of the thick fog.  His face was covered by a red demon mask and a red sword was held in his hand. 

“Raim, I want you to stay out of this,” I told her as I watched the warlock walk closer and closer.

“B-but,” she began but I pushed her away before she could speak and I drew my sword running head first at him. 

Our swords clanked and sliced skin becoming stained with blood, the battle raged on throughout the night and the moon made our skin glow as we danced with death.  He would swing his sword in a maniac manner not really having a certain way but eventually I grabbed his sword and struck him with it in the chest.

His body grew limp as he laughed.

“The only way to rid you of your curse is to kill yourself!”  He shouted through his laughter.

I walked over to him with my sword in hand and stared at his bleeding body.  “You creature of evil I am not scared of death.  If my death will bring salvation, then so be it.”

With my words said I forced my sword through his heart killing him.

Without even thinking I drew my dagger and brought it to my throat.  “Goodbye my dear friend, Raim.” Then without hesitation I slit my own throat.

Raim ran over and caught my body.

“Raim, there is a letter in my pocket that makes you my successor.”

And with those words I faded into death.

His death brought the end of the plaque and everyone went on happily ever after.  No one ever suffered again under the hand of the Cursed King.

 

© 2013 for.all.we.know


Author's Note

for.all.we.know
wrote this for a contest ahah
just thought id share it on here too

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on January 15, 2013
Tags: fantasy, adventure

Author

for.all.we.know
for.all.we.know

Chicago, IL



About
i write a lot of romance and drama im deeply inspired by shoujo manga such as strobe edge or ao haru ride the mangaka that inspires me most is sakisaka io my favorite writer is jason myers he writ.. more..

Writing