Fond Memories

Fond Memories

A Chapter by for.all.we.know
"

Sayano and Satoshi have been living together for awhile now creating a familiar atmosphere for the two. When Sayano finds Satoshi had never been to the ocean, she wanted to change that.

"

The days passed in a flash with Satoshi living with me.  I made him sleep in my bed, even as much as he had detested, and I slept on the couch in my living room.  Together we went to the store and bought him new clothing which embarrassed him because I was paying. My apartment has become more alive since him coming here.  We laughed together, ate meals together, and made memories to last a lifetime.  We had little moments that made living together awkward like him walking in on me changing and the other way around, him carrying laundry downstairs to do and finding my undergarments inside, and just all the small cliché things that would make any women and man living together awkward.

We enjoyed another's company and were never apart for more than a moment’s time.  One thing Satoshi did that most guys wouldn't do is he went to the store with me, and actually seemed to like shopping with me at the grocery store.  Satoshi is such a strange person, like for instance, he gets embarrassed easily and acts shy but when he has questions or wants to be blunt he gets all serious, when he has issues he hides them under his smile, and it feels like he's always wearing a poker face to conceal his real emotions.  But other than these few things he's always shy to others but around me he seems comfortable and is always wearing an ear to ear grin.  Countless times Satoshi and I have been mistaken as a married couple which will make us stare at another and blush uncontrollably.

Slowly I started waking up from the sweet dreams I was having about the memories of the past week.  Once my eyes were completely opened I walked into my bathroom and stared at the distraught figure that appeared in the mirror.  The large green eyes that stared back at me had small bags appearing underneath them and the usually neat long, light brown hair was having a case of bedhead that needed to be taken care of quickly, so quickly my eyes began scanning the bathroom counter for a brush I could use to take care of it with.  Once I found a brush I began to tug and pull my hair untangling it with the teeth of the brush.

When I was finished caring for my bedhead I heard a groan come from the next room over and knew immediately Satoshi had woken up meaning I should start on breakfast.

Carefully I set the brush down then entered the kitchen to take out the eggs and bacon from the fridge.  Once I had set those down I grabbed two pans from a cupboard next to the stove and set each pan on its own burner.  As the pans started to heat up I cracked two eggs into the first then moved over to the second to place 10 pieces of bacon into and covered it once they were all inside.  Before I moved onto the bread I scrambled the eggs a few times then went to grab the bread to toast.  As I waited for the bread to pop up out of toaster I continued to scramble the eggs as they cooked.  Right when the bread popped up the eggs were finished cooking so I placed both on one plate for Satoshi then repeated the same for myself.  Satoshi walked into the kitchen as I finished up cooking the bacon and pouring orange juice into two glasses.

"Breakfast will be ready in a bit so just go sit at the table until it is," I told him as I c

As distracted as I was with the food I hadn't noticed that Satoshi had walked over to me till he placed his arms around my waist and laid his head on my shoulder.

"Sayano," he whispered into my ear.

His breath hit my neck as he stood over me making my heart race uncontrollably.

"Yes?"  My voice quivered when I spoke.

"Your shoulder is very comfortable."

My face went full on red.  What happened to the incredibly shy Satoshi?  It must be the fact he's so comfortable around me now.

Sighing I walked away from him and went to set the plates and glasses on the table.  Satoshi came over to the table as I sat down, we sat in the same places we've been sitting in since he first came here (which is across from another). 

I was the first one to start eating my food.  As I was eating I could feel Satoshi watching me but when I looked up to confirm if he really was he quickly looked down at his food and began eating it.

I shrugged and went right back to eating.

Once we were done eating and putting the dishes into the sink to be washed later I walked into the living room to see Satoshi standing alone looking at my photos from when I was a child.  There were 4 photos he was looking at; the first was of my mother and I at the beach when I was 6, the second was of me as a baby being held in my mother's arms, the third of my mother when she was in her early twenties, and the fourth of my mother when she was in the hospital and I sat next to her; both of us shared a huge grin on our faces.

He smiled as he held the fourth photo in his hands.

Silently I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.  "Looking at my embarrassing past?"

He laughed.  "No, you were rather," he coughed, "c-cute."

Cocking my head to the side I put on a face of worry, "And what about now?"

His whole face went as red as a tomato.

I laughed at his expression.  "What happened to the bold Satoshi from this morning?"

He looked away from my face and moved on to look at something on the floor so he would stop blushing.  "I was still out of it this morning so my body just did what it wanted."

I shook my head.  "And the bold Satoshi is broken by the one and only Sayano!"

Turning away from Satoshi I faced the photos and looked at some of the others I had out.  I looked at the 5th one I had sitting by the others that was of me when I was just learning to play guitar at 6.  The picture depicted me sitting in a chair with my legs dangling off the side of the chair with me holding my age old guitar, new at the time, trying to strum the strings.  I found myself laughing at the age old picture remembering how hard it was to play my very first song and how hard it was to even play the first note.  My first song was a simple one that everyone learns to play, which I believe was hot cross buns.

As I laughed I felt Satoshi switch his gaze from looking at the photo he was holding to me laughing at the photo I was now holding.

"This is a picture of me first learning to play the guitar.  This is the same guitar that I have now lying in the room over there."

A laugh escaped his mouth.  "You play all the time now, you sing specifically during the night time before we sleep."

I laughed along with him.  "I see you like the photo of me as a child at the beach," I said as I pointed towards the photos he was holding.

He smiled.  "You look like you were having a lot of fun."

I nodded.  "I still remember that day clearly now.  My mother and I had made a sand castle that I accidently stepped on when I was running to get into the water."

When I looked at him his smiling face seemed to look rather lonely.

He continued to stare the photo as he spoke, "I've actually never been to the beach.  The ocean looks beautiful."

"Then let's go see the ocean."

His eyes grew wide in surprise.  "Really?!"

I nodded with a huge grin on my face.

In a matter of minutes we were out the door with beach towels tucked underneath our arms and on the train headed towards the ocean.  When we reached our stop our feet moved so fast towards the beach above they felt like they almost took flight.

The air outside was light; the sun shined above us high in the sky causing our skin to sweat just a little bit.  As we reached the beach I watched Satoshi's face turn into amazement with his eyes wide open and his mouth slightly open.  He looked like a child experiencing something for the first time.  A smile played along my face as I watched how happy he was becoming.

Satoshi threw his towel out on the ground and ran for the water not even looking back at me.

Quickly I laid my towel out and shouted at him, "Wait for me!"

"Hurry up!"  He shouted back as he stood in the water knee high.

I ran after him jumping up into the air when my feet hit the water and landing on Satoshi causing him to fall back into the water with me on top laughing hysterically.

When he finally realized what just happened he started to laugh with me.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

His face grew smug like a child's and splashed my face.

I gasped.  "No you don't!"

With a playful look on my face I stood up above him and kicked the water so that it would hit his face.  The splash I made hit him square in the face making him stand up with water in hand splashing me back.  This went on for what seemed like hours.  We played in the water until the sun started to set, our tired faces finally settling in and each of us began to yawn continuously making us head back to our disheveled towels that laid in the same fashion we had left them in when we first came to the beach. 

Before lying down on my towel I fixed the edges of it and smoothed it out finally laying down when I was satisfied with the results.  Satoshi did the same with his towel and laid next to me on his own.

The warmth of the setting sun made me close my eyes making me want to go to sleep even more.

"Sayano," Satoshi said softly.

"Yes?" I asked while keeping my eyes shut.

"I'm glad I decided to come back after so long even if you don't remember me.  I don't even care anymore that you don't remember.  All I care about is that I'm here, now, with you."

I opened my eyes and found Satoshi laying on his side staring right at me.

My heart started to race as he stared at me so intently.  His profile was so handsome with his perfectly round black eyes, those lips that weren't too thin or full, and his long, skinny neck.  His hair shined several different shades of red in the light, from the sun, starting from scarlet fading into a super bright red on the ends.

Carefully I reached out and caressed the tip of his bangs between my fingers.

His eyes watched my fingers and then, quietly, his hand reached out to grab mine.



© 2013 for.all.we.know


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on January 6, 2013
Tags: drama, romance


Author

for.all.we.know
for.all.we.know

Chicago, IL



About
i write a lot of romance and drama im deeply inspired by shoujo manga such as strobe edge or ao haru ride the mangaka that inspires me most is sakisaka io my favorite writer is jason myers he writ.. more..

Writing