The Beginning of Things

The Beginning of Things

A Chapter by for.all.we.know
"

Sayano lets Satoshi into her home but questions why she recalls his name. When she realizes how alone he's been she wants to create a home for him.

"

Satoshi, I've heard that name before but where?

I shook my head causing my thoughts to scramble and diminish.  "Come in Satoshi."

Standing up I took out my key and unlocked my door letting Satoshi come in.

He walked in but lingered by the door unsure if it was okay to sit anywhere or if he was just supposed to stand.

Grabbing his shoulder I led him over to the couch that sat in my small living room.  "Please sit," I said as I motioned toward the couch.

Still hesitating he looked back and forth from me to the couch.

I sighed.  "I insist, please."

He nodded and plopped himself softly on the edge of the couch.

I smiled at him.  "I'll be right back with some water for you and me, maybe a snack or two."

Turning to leave I walked into my kitchen to grab two glasses for water and a small bowl to put a bag of old Chex mix in, if only I had something better to feed him with.  I walked over to my fridge to search for other food I might have.

Inside my fridge I had an assortment of different dairy products, leftover dinners and lunches, and different vegetables and meats.  I stood in front of my fridge until I finally settled on the idea of making a sandwich for him.  Grabbing the lunch meat and a slice of cheese from inside of my fridge, I took them over to the counter that was nearby.  But before I could even begin making it, I grabbed some bread from the cabinet that was opposite of me.  Once I had two pieces of bread in hand I laid them out on a plate, then I took two pieces of lunch meat out of the box they laid in to put on the pieces of bread then neatly I took off the plastic wrap of the cheese to lie on top of the meat.  Once I was happy with the results I took the two glasses and filled them to almost the brim with water.

As I turned to set them back on the counter beside the sandwich and Chex mix I heard footsteps entering the kitchen behind me.

I set the glasses down getting ready to turn toward Satoshi but he grabbed the edges of the counter on either side of me, trapping me.

"Don't you remember me?"

Why do I feel I know you?

"I never forgot a day where you lived."

How did he know where I lived?

I could hear him swallowing hard as his hands gripped the counter harder.  "I don't get it!" He let go finally when the words had fully escaped his mouth.

So many thoughts were swarming in my head like wasps.  How does he know me?  How did he know where I lived?  The unanswered questions we had seemed to fill the silence between us.

I sighed.  "We'll figure things out later, but first please eat," I said as I motioned towards the food that sat atop the counter.  "Then you can shower and we can get you out of those clothes."

His whole face went red.  "I'm ashamed."

I shook my head in haste.  "No, no, no.  Please don't be."

Pushing him towards the table I had sitting in the corner of my kitchen, I had him sit in front of the food I had prepared.  Once he started eating I sat in the chair across from his.

A smile started to grow on my face as I watched him eat the food and drink happily.  It looked as if he had an ear to ear grin as he stuffed his face with food.

Once finished I dragged him over to the bathroom, but before he had entered I handed him some of my father's old oversized clothing and a towel.

Before he closed the door of the bathroom in my face he blushed and spoke in a hushed tone, "Thank you, Sayano.  No one has ever been so kind to me."  Right when the words were out he hastily closed the door and locked it.

I laughed at the image of his blushing face that had resurfaced in my mind.

Walking away from the bathroom I went over to my now alone guitar and began to strum with my guitar pick the notes of a song that I once knew.  The song was one that my mother used to sing to me as a child.  I could remember every single detail of her beautiful voice and the lyrics that she'd sing to me as I fell asleep.  Memories of her singing floated into my mind as I played creating a wonderful serene moment for me.  Tears welled in my eyes as I continued to move my fingers along the guitar, and my voice cracked as the words poured out of my lips.

"Dear Child listen to the words I tell you,

Listen to my love that I bear every day for you,

My love is never ending.

No words could describe the burdens I would carry for you,

My dear, dear child I would go to the ends of the Earth for you,

I would climb every mountain just to see you,

I wish for the winds to embrace you with my love.

And for if I die I will always watch over you love,

I will watch from the heavens as your life unfolds,

And as the sun sets and the moon rises know that you will never be alone."

My voice faded out as I sang the last verse and as the last tear fell.

At once I set the guitar down when I heard Satoshi's footsteps coming towards me.

"Sayano," the moment he said my name I looked up at him to see that his hair was dripping wet and the towel, I had given him before hand, was wrapped haphazardly around his waist.  "Your voice is so beautiful."

I blushed.  "Thank you."

"No," he said as he slightly shook his head.  "Thank you for letting me experience your wonderful voice."

I smiled as I looked up at him. "The song you just heard was one that my mother sang to me as a child before I fell asleep.  She used to say that I got my voice from her."

He smiled back at me.  "She must have been very important to you.  What happened to her?"

"She was very ill for years and finally died a year ago."

"You two must have been very close," he paused before he spoke again.  "I've never known my family.  Ever since I can remember I've been alone.  My parents left me at an orphanage right at birth.  As I grew I went from foster home to foster home and one day, when I was 17, I just left.  I packed what little I actually owned and just up and left.  No one even came to look for me."  He averted his eyes from mine when he was done speaking; his face darkening as he stood there.

Quickly, without hesitation, I stood up and grabbed his waist.  "You're not alone anymore Satoshi, I'm here for you even if we just met.  This place will be and always be a sanctuary for you.  I will take into my own hands to make sure you are never alone."

Who knows what made us come together this day.  Maybe, somehow, the world knew we were alone and wanted to bring us together.  But whatever it was that made us meet, I'm glad we did my dear Satoshi.



© 2013 for.all.we.know


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on January 6, 2013
Tags: drama, romance


Author

for.all.we.know
for.all.we.know

Chicago, IL



About
i write a lot of romance and drama im deeply inspired by shoujo manga such as strobe edge or ao haru ride the mangaka that inspires me most is sakisaka io my favorite writer is jason myers he writ.. more..

Writing