A Stranger at My Doorstep

A Stranger at My Doorstep

A Chapter by for.all.we.know
"

Sayano leaves one day to go to the store but when she comes back to her apartment a strange man she doesn't remember is sitting outside of it.

"

Music is the like the forces of God himself.  A simple sentence can put someone’s heart to rest, break the very fabric of a relationship, bring two people together, and so much more.  It's the reason for why I strum the strings of my guitar and sing to my empty apartment.  It's the reason why I sing to the day and night.  The reason why my fingers strum this guitar is for everyone to hear yet is heard by no one but myself.

I strum my guitar for the love of moving others and expressing my passion of emotion.  I wish to make others happy, make everyone smile, and to fall in love.  Maybe, just maybe someone will fall in love with my music.  All I live for is the thought of making others happy and it's all I wish to do.

My life began when I picked up this simple yet beautiful age old guitar and will end the day I am no longer to strum it's wonderful strings.  I have put all of my being into this guitar and it has made me who I am today.  Even if I am unable to speak I have the ability to strum these beautiful songs.

I put my age old guitar down disrupting my train of thought.  Sadly, but surely, I left my almost empty apartment.

I've been living alone for a year now since my mother's death.  I have no clue to who my father is since my mother died without telling me, and I never once saw him as a child.  My mother was left to fend for herself and a child; I wish I could've done more for her but its too late now that she is gone.  I hope her agony was left on Earth when she died.

My feet dragged on the side walk walked.  Both of shoulders ached from how I had slept the night before.

I dragged my fingers through my hair to get it out of my face as I waited for the walk signal.  When the little walking man appeared, I went on my way down the lonely side walk toward my destination being the book store which I finally reached after 5 minutes of walking

The clerk behind the counter greeted me with a bored face.  He stroked his chin as he watched me.  His name was Masato; I've known him since I moved here because I pretty much come every other week to buy new CD's, music books, or whatever I feel.  Masato had a long face with black darting eyes that followed you when you were in his store because he was always afraid someone was always going to steal something.  His hair looked like bed head and big dark circles had formed underneath his eyes.

I could feel him watching me as I walked around.  What did I come into this place for?  I stopped in the comics section and browsed through the selections they had.

Sighing I picked up a pretty cliché comic, bought it, and was out the door.

On my way back I stopped at the general store to grab a snack or two.  When I approached the cashier she stared at me long and hard.  The cashier at the only general store near my house was a young kid of the age of 16; her name was Mio and was fairly average looking with straight black hair and straight across bangs that hung just above her small soft brown eyes.

She sighed as she scanned my different snacks and sent me on my way when I handed her the money.

I ate the food I had just bought on my way home.  When I got to my door the sun was falling and lit up a body sitting outside my door.

I cocked my head to the side confused on who it was that laid on the floor by my apartment door.  Kneeling on the ground I got a better look at them.  The person was a man the age of 20 (same as I), he had long red hair that was concealed by a hood and his eyes were closed making him appear to be in a slumber.  His clothes looked rather dirty like he'd been in them for days, maybe even longer than days.  But even with his clothes as dirty as they were, his face remained handsome with perfectly carved features and soft pink lips.

I reached a hand towards him to wake him but he grabbed my hand instead with his piercing black eyes staring straight through me.

My body froze instantly causing me to panic.  The pretty face turned into one of worry.

I can't freak out; he just has nowhere to go.  I need to be understanding.

I smiled at him.  "My name is Sayano."

His eyes grew wide.  "Y-you're actually speaking to someone like me?"

I laughed.  "I have nothing to lose speaking to you."

He let go of my hand.

"Please, tell me your name."

"My name means nothing.  I am no one."

I shook my head.  "You are someone to me."

"B-but you don't need to know."

I laughed.  "Just because you're a person without anything doesn't mean you’re worthless," I paused and stared at him.

"My name," he averted his gaze, "is Satoshi."



© 2013 for.all.we.know


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting chapter, love it I will definitely read your other chapters as well...like the way you opened this story "Music is the like the forces of God himself" there is nothing more true than that...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

for.all.we.know

11 Years Ago

thank you(^-^)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Added on January 6, 2013
Last Updated on January 6, 2013


Author

for.all.we.know
for.all.we.know

Chicago, IL



About
i write a lot of romance and drama im deeply inspired by shoujo manga such as strobe edge or ao haru ride the mangaka that inspires me most is sakisaka io my favorite writer is jason myers he writ.. more..

Writing