The Wind Blows: Prologue

The Wind Blows: Prologue

A Chapter by Petal

You were my air. 
My light guiding me to the places I only thought existed in fairy tales. 
How many times will I let my pride keep me from apologizing to you? I mean, you were --no are-- pretty much my everything. You give me butterflies to this very day, sometimes however those butterflies turn into wasps that sting my insides until I can no longer breathe. 
We don't talk anymore.
Funny, we talked all the way through summer about fireflies and how you wanted me to catch you one. We discussed so many things on the phone for hours and then picked it back up on Facebook. I could never stop smiling, thinking "Wow, I can't believe he wants to talk to me. I'm so lucky."  To this day, I still believe I was lucky to take in your warmth and for you to accept me for all I was. 
However, many things occurred that lead to the unraveling of one of the only things that kept me happy and alive. It started with a rumor, one I should NEVER have trusted. But being spoon fed bullshit everyday really gets tiring and your mind starts to think that it's really amazing food. 
I told you goodbye, turned into a b***h, and left you without a second thought.
And for that
I am so, so sorry. 


© 2015 Petal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on March 13, 2015
Last Updated on March 13, 2015


Author

Petal
Petal

Atlantica, MA



About
Hello, I’ve had this account for a long time but haven’t used it for a while. I think since high school. But recently I’ve been wanting to write again and have been working on a boo.. more..

Writing