Hungry Ghosts

Hungry Ghosts

A Poem by Frieda P
"

tastes like madness

"
Hungry ghosts come to play
pits of snakes in vials of night
pouring shot ampuls of indigo madness
ravens crying pain of tangible crimson tears
fallen angels dancing naked & asymmetric
tightropes tension's tautness traumatized
suck in stale cigar smoke on lipid lids
haunting exile of vital preservation
exhale turpitude of apparitions demise

© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Why, I love the Hungry Ghosts! I've written poetry according to the song as well, and I declare from personal standpoint that it makes good inspiration.
You've captured the state of emotion the song glimpses very well, though in a different notion. Ghosts have a strange predicament, acknowledging their existence yet watching as reality shifts forward without them, and I couldn't have thought of a better way to express it than self-hatred. It shows in your words, the attempts to escape our bodies through whiskey, drugs and cigarettes. Self-destruction is such a pretty little thing. I especially liked your ghost people metaphor, hollow husks without a soul within.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Tai, such an insightful review, I love it!



Reviews

"Pouring shot ampuls of indigo madness" - a brilliant image in a brilliant poem! I really enjoyed the vocabulary in this piece. You paint an unforgettable picture with your words. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

So thrilled you enjoyed this one, thanks Rita, and thanks for stopping by my page, much appreciated.
The darkness of Frieda emerges. I like the feel and the energy of this poem... almost spooky. As I've said before, your range has no limits. Always a pleasure to see new requests from you and always satiated.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

You read me, I think we're cut from the same cloth in more ways than one Cyn...thanks so much.
such a deep intriguing read. Love the imagery.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the visit out of touch.
I too am a fan of your very effective vocabulary. I particularly liked the term indigo madness!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Ha, thanks, doesn't everyone have indigo madness? :-)
new age fall down the rabbit hole
i owe you and you owe me..a roll and a soul..
if rabbit there aint then the hatter will cry foul

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

I already sold my soul...sorry ;-)
"Fallen angels dancing naked and asymmetric." Sounds like one of my X girlfriends

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Lol Baby, you would....
Haunting, like sitting in an empty room in an abandoned house on top of a lonely hill with frail vegetation, looking out at the gloomy day.. oh how the mind can take disturbed self away from such a place to create such eccentric thoughts.. brilliant I love the music, what's the music called?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

I love the scene you've painted here Kee, 'frail vegetation' why didn't I think of that?! Thanks so.. read more
KeeD

11 Years Ago

Thank you, I feel like dancing by myself to this, how weird am I. Hahaha
"ravens crying pain of tangible crimson tears

fallen angels dancing naked & asymmetric."
The thing that sets you apart dear poetess is the uniqueness in your style and powerful diction but above all there is an aura of sorts that I'm still trying to see through . Like I said you bring a divine dimension to WC and transcend boudaries let alone cultures. Keep shining as always ...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

You truly humble me with your kind words sweet Sami...I'm so glad you liked this one, thanks so much.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

You know I did and do as always for I now quality from mediocre ones . Thank you too..:
been cracking open the O.E.D, my dear poet? (JK) i think this exemplifies the scope of your knowledge of the use of proper wording and the extent of your considerable education. it is also a very conscientious write, full of depth and marvelous imagery. parts of your immortal yet consanguinity empowered soul are revealing themselves within. very good! you may consider me duly impressed....

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

quinfinn

11 Years Ago

stop dancing up there.....i have Pat Benatar in my ears..."fire and ice"
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Good inspiration for poetry....
quinfinn

11 Years Ago

oh, you know how i feel about Pat.....always said she married the wrong guy
A woman with an incredible way with words.... A woman with a powerful soul... I love this one Mrs Freida... ;-D nice job on a wonderful piece of art in the way of words :) love it and the woman who wrote it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Kelsey.
Lover Of Words

11 Years Ago

Your welcome Mrs Frieda

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1059 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 27, 2013
Last Updated on March 27, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..