Reverse Posture

Reverse Posture

A Poem by Frieda P

what is this gaping memory
vivid past recklessly crashing 
posturing recondite & shrill
in the recesses of spent blood
crushing the backbone of resolve
moments on the clock that haunt
beckons formidable  to dare a revival
driving insanity as dusky metallic chaser
stuck in reverse on breakneck speed pursuit
esoteric wisps of darkly emotive triggers
shooting the psyche with high caliber ammunition 
head on collision with fatally smoky consequences
survival hermetically sealed ripe within noxious, lethal fumes
dawn reveres the moon's pulse within further contemplation
prescribed elixir dressing wounds for temporary compensation
complications pronounced dead upon arrival...rest in peace

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"dawn reveres the moon's pulse within further contemplation
prescribed elixir dressing wounds for temporary compensation"

- Very impressive. Frieda, you are poetess unmatched here.

This poetry has some great and incredible phrases and lines...

"esoteric wisps of darkly emotive triggers
shooting the psyche with high caliber ammunition " - So intense the agony...


Then...

"survival hermetically sealed ripe within noxious, lethal fumes" - Such suffering to live on...

One of your masterpieces Frieda.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DIVYA

11 Years Ago

You are welcome Frieda. The lines were just out of the world, this time. I had to say it. :)
DIVYA

11 Years Ago

And if this is crazy ranting, then I would love to be crazy anytime! :)
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

You made my weekend! :-) x



Reviews

So many great lines. You always, always have such great word compilation and I admire your ability to grasp the senses.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Much appreciated Keely, thanks.
The flow of this suits the theme perfectly! It is congested, confused.. As the memory of the "vivid past recklessly crashing" haunts you. I love that. There is often no way for us to clearly convey trauma, heartache, tragedy.. Through your unpunctual sentencing you reflect to us your rush, your drive and frustration to blurt out words and hope that they are precise to your head and heart, as well as an acknowledgement that they often cannot be. Also, your rhyme of "ammunition" and "collision" was fantastic. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Ha confused like moi....I'm so thrilled you felt so many emotions with this one, thanks so much for .. read more
I had a dream last night in which I was stuck in a gold SUV going backward on the highway at about 60 MPH, the driver hanging his head out the window to see if he could find a gap in the traffic to execute a 180-degree e-brake spin and increase the chances for our continued existence on the planet. The feeling I had in that dream is the same as the feeling I have reading this poem. It's visceral and haunting and potent and stays with you after it's over. Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Wow, that's kind of what it felt like J_Star, thanks so much for your visit and review.
J_Star

11 Years Ago

You're welcome!
I was going to hold off on this one till tomorrow, when I'd have the time and silence required to properly take in your stuff, but since I finally have some of both, I decided to make my visit, and it's a good thing I have that silence...I've read this twice already and my imagination is reeling...there are too many good lines to dwell on and many of them have been pointed out already anyway...another stunning, imaginative epic...you are now churning them out at a rate unfathomable to me...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

Always a pleasure Mrs. R ;P xo
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Finalmente Benji!! ;-P
kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

;)
The structure and content of this write from your pen is a delight to my senses and sets my curiosity into high gear. Exceptional write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Just love to hear that Veronica, thanks so much!
God this is wicked...who cares about the shave...this is sharp and prickly all on its own.
This poem is not meant to be understood. Your intention is to provoke a feeling? A feeling of recklessness....a human being pushed beyond his or her limmits. Some of us are more flexible than others...some of us can break like fine China if we slam on the breaks too hard...that's what I felt from this poem...whiplash...I suffered whiplash!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Ha! I left this one prickly...sorry about the whiplash, wait...no I'm not! ;-) Glad you felt it Mus.. read more
I feel like I am sliding backwards down an up hill spiral staircase that leads to an imaginary foundry of lasting and straight forward words all written upside down.

Can you imagine how your words affect people. Have you ever stopped to think exactly how we perceive what you write. Do you realize you are a goddess to some of us. Is your picture really in the dictionary under the word "Amazing?" Frieda, never do you disappoint. This is a fantastic piece of mind rants and still it flows nicely and paints a startling picture. Very cool.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Jack, your review was a poem in itself, made me dizzy. You humble me always dear friend. x
Oh WOW!..."complications pronounced dead upon arrival...rest in peace"~ and yet, this piece has a pulse!...a strong one at that!.... I love the font and the flow is superb, Frieda!...

"shooting the psyche with high caliber ammunition

head on collision with fatally smoky consequences"~ This spoke to me on so many levels...and what I get is the head on collision of epic proportions, Excellent!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Jazzed that it did Robbie, much appreciated friend! xo
well a read on the tilt like one of the carny mirrors that make me thin to fat to a late night show host....kind of took a wound dressing instruction book then shook it and baked it and wa la can't catch the gingerbread man!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Wow I actually understood you this time lee, thanks so much!
"shooting the psyche with high caliber ammunition "
this line stays with me for a few minutes after i finish reading...
you shot the sheriff but the deputy ran with his pants on fire:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Lol kiddo, you're funny ;-P
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

no ...the deputy is...
imagine...he here....pants there

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1176 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 13, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse