If My Tears

If My Tears

A Poem by Frieda P
"

for my son...♥♥

"
If only every last one of my tears could save you
if I could take away your pain and angst you know I would quicker than a mothers heart beats I'd protect you from your unkind self & harsh realities,
give you every last ounce of my courage til I bled
time has taken away your youthful innocence playing in dark recesses of your reckless mind as you took that dark road down self destruction
I watched you grow into a strong man now I look at you a broken child again
there are no band-aids, no quick fix solutions
to cover these wounds you've self afflicted
if my tears could only take away your fears you'd have the sole sweet guidance of light
I watch you flounder in the dark without the promise of hope I'd give anything for you to be that untainted little boy again safe upon my knee where I could protect you from life's brutality If I could, I'd give my very last breath for you to see your way through there's nothing I wouldn't do, yet still I know I can't protect you this is your fight of a lifetime and I can only pray on bended knee I instilled in you enough fortitude and tenacity to find your own way

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so tough for a parent to go through. The worry alone if your child will find strength to beat back the gale winds of a tempting world. I went through this with my son. He at 18 became an angry alcoholic also hooked on under the counter pills. He was raised in a religious home with me and his step mother but we couldn't stop him from moving into my ex-wife's home where there were no rules. The good news after several years of tears and prayers I got him to move back near me and he gave all of that up and turned his life back over to the lord. His life has gotten better every day. Now we are asking god to send the right woman into his life.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks M.G. this is a tough one to come back to as it's still an ongoing struggle, good to know ther.. read more
Michael G. Smith

10 Years Ago

Now we are working on our middle daughter. She's a tougher nut to crack.



Reviews

Thinking of you, dear friend! I'm understanding too that there are some things we cannot fully help our children out of, but that they must work through difficulties with their own strength and nerve. You are a wonderful mom, I can feel it through your words. May you feel the warmth and support from us here and it gives your a bit of comfort as you deal with your child's challenges.
Hugs!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh, this is absolutely heart wrenching and beautiful at the same time. Your words reflect your intent so well. The love of a mother...nothing else like it.
...if my tears could only take away your fears, you'd have the sole sweet guidance of light...BEAUTIFUL.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Such stark and raw honesty in this one. I can tell that the emotion is personal, and you have brought it to life with such amazing clarity. I think only the truest of love can open this door...the one where we would lay down our own lives in order to fix the life of someone that we love. This piece made me suffer, and in the suffering I felt a great weight being lifted for some reason. You have done well...

Posted 10 Years Ago


This surely tugs at the heartstrings, I have no children of my own, had two stepchildren, I can relate on that level and you've really emancipated the feeling quite well in your poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This did NOT come across as any sort of "memorex". Frieda, My thoughts follow you in this time of trial. I hope for all the best.

You take care,
Chris

Posted 10 Years Ago


you have my heart here Frieda,i was thinking of my own son and how precious he is to me, all you can do is to love him and let him know each day that you are there for him through everything...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Freida this gave me chills the whole way through. Can truly feel you mean every word you say. The love you feel jumps off the page and touches my heart deeply. What a person wouldn't do for another is sometimes just as you say: If I could, I'd give my very last breath for you to see your way through.
Such a wonderful piece - thank you for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


i donno what to say after reading this. i can feel it is sweet bitterness. sweet feelings of desire to save someone dear and bitter feelings of disability to do anything to get things back as they have been. i liked how you have penned the poem, i liked the feeling of loyality and honesty in it..but..i feel really sad that we, humans, are the real enemies of ourselves. we distroy our own lives, killing ourselves with very cold blood..

Posted 10 Years Ago


The phone rings and your heart is in your throat. Excuses, manipulations and lies are the daily sustenance. We mourn the lost child and fear for him within the very marrow of our beings. And if we could save them by any means we would but very often in trying to save them we kill ourselves. So we wait and hope that they can somehow pull themselves from the darkness because so often help has been nothing but enabling. I love your poem because it speaks to that overriding protectiveness that makes us mothers, we would kill anything that threatens our child, except, when it is the child who is the greatest threat to himself.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a reality that is cutting and raw, and in that evokes exquisite beauty. The words are roughened, cruel, and poignant, so in being are infinitely beautiful. A relation that we all undergo painted in the most definable, and irreputable way possible, that brings home everything that we all fear the most . . . thank you for this heart-fluid.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1868 Views
61 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 10, 2013
Last Updated on May 10, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..