~The Taste of Death...

~The Taste of Death...

A Poem by Frieda P
"

questionable mysteries of death

"
What does death taste like, 
          is it bittersweet or acerbic
does the scent jolt one
                   to senseless abandon
is the feel of floating
                on zephyr's eternally blissful
what does one see
           when faced with death's eyes
do angels beckon us
                   to join the alluring alliance of souls
a clarion sound of heaven's harmony
                             to peaceful sleep

or will the devil come a knockin' 
                           with hell's bells last call
perhaps we merely become infinitesimal flecks
               endlessly ephemeral,         flitting 
                              within pure grandness of the megacosm

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is such a beautifully constructed poem. Love the flow. You present your readers with some searching questions. I used to wrestle with these questions all the time.. so often I would drive myself insane from it. I finally resolved that death was a natural cycle of rebirth, and left it at that. Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks Lori, somehow I missed your lovely review here.
Ravyne Hawke

10 Years Ago

no worries, Frieda.. I think I miss some from time to time too =)



Reviews

Loved it :)
Thanks a lot Fredia, I really loved it and did made some sense for us :)

Cheers!
Singh :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Glad to hear that Singh, and cheers, yes my friend! ;-)
Vikrantsingh

10 Years Ago

:)
Death indeed is a real pain in the mind and across history great minds had incessantly pondered on it. Some frightened, some couldn't care less. And it simply amazes how something so ambiguous and mostly 'dark' can be fashioned beautifully by poetry. Thank you for sharing this.



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I don't ponder it so much, just in the forefront of my mind as I lost a good friend recently, thanks.. read more
The Daisy

10 Years Ago

Oh. My condolences. It's just I'm new here and I'm studying how to go about it. I had finally resolv.. read more
I don't know. I sad death in many places. I believe many kinds of death. I wish each of us know death with family near and love close. There are bad death. I wonder where the broken hearts and spirits go? A very good poem. Death is a great mystery. I believe on this earth. We can create heaven or hell? I told my family. Burn my remains and tossed them into Lake Superior. I will go back to nature once more. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I wonder too John, all questions I guess we'll have answered until the very end, if then. Thanks fo.. read more
What is death like? What is it like to die? A question which every one is inquisitive about, and everyone finds out the answer too. But the seeker can't feed other's curiosity for he is long gone before he may do so. The eager, the curious, has been so well expressed that it is mesmerizing! Nicely written! Good work :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thank you Shivam, glad you enjoyed my little meanderings here. :-)
Shivam Murari

10 Years Ago

:)
Excellent depth giving light do dark questions. If I may, this part,"is the feel of floating on zephyr's eternally blissful" is a bit confusing and could be written differently. The imagery of floating on a zephyr is beautiful and appropriate though. Also, the last line, " within pure grandness of the megacosm" could be changed slightly too. Megacosm to Macrocosm and adding the word 'the' before grandness would help the flow I think. These are only suggestions my dear and forgive me any slight, the poems good and quite enjoyable.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Perhaps because you didn't read it as a question, I don't tend to use punctuation at times....I actu.. read more
Astro

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome, I'm glad you could still see my point of view without feeling bent out of shap.. read more
"we are but stardust" this was Deeply Beautiful Frieda Love the works of a wandering mind...or the wondering, wandering mind :)
So many belief systems in the world, and most carry common threads...this threaded silk was not common but Grand!!!
Pen excellence!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Wow Soul, I'm dancing to your review, it's so glowing! Thanks so much...yes, stardust is a sweet th.. read more
Souladareatease

10 Years Ago

Indeed Frieda...it most certainly is :) (Always deserving, I love Your fine works-even when no com.. read more
I bet it's all about how you die, the feeling you feel... And what comes after is life's greatest mystery... Poignant ... We all wander through these same thoughts... Lovely, dear Frieda.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I lost a dear friend recently so I've been thinking on it, I guess you're right, each is different, .. read more
Horizon K.

10 Years Ago

I'm so sorry to hear that Frieda! My condolences to you and those who loved your dear friend.
.. read more
Strong imagery--and even stronger use of language.
The devil always "comes a knockin"; "knockin'" is his primary business; he is, after all, known as "The Accuser."
Brilliant work, Frieda!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Frank, so glad you enjoyed this read.
I can appreciate the sentiment here....and I can appreciate your considerable vocabulary...but I would like to feel more flow from this. Sometimes when the words don't play together as nicely as they should, it can feel like you're using words just to use them - and I know that's not the case with you. Just keepin in reals, yo ;) I'm a party pooper like that.

CM.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ha, you can party poop on my thread anytime CM! Not sure what you mean exactly, if they're not play.. read more
This piece is full of weight and pondering. I fought with this question a lot after my mom comitted suicide. her familiy is strict catholic - I am not. It made me so angry that they belived she went to hell for her choice, when she was an otherwise good person. I couldn't understand how they could be sure unless they'd been there. I finally threw their thoughts out the window and made peace with my own beliefes, but it took a long time.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Sorry to hear that Kristin, that's a really tough one, suicide is not easy to deal with, lots of que.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2237 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 28, 2013
Last Updated on May 28, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


dear mom dear mom

A Poem by quinfinn


Daffodil Daffodil

A Poem by KeelyJane