Certainlies Reality & Memories

Certainlies Reality & Memories

A Poem by Frieda P

I see you in the shadows,
those spaces 'tween certainlies reality & memories
 freedom of a butterfly with wings that glorify
yet, you're still a tinge of blue in my mind
the cobalt dust that coats my eyes
azure mist that shades  premonitions
I feel your heart, yet in a distance
perhaps it's the fluttering of your flight
causing the winds an abrupt change 
tsunamis's rage to gentle zephyrs light
whisper gently in the morning,
embrace my dreams at night
simple tokens of soul's remembrances


© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
Wish you could be here today. ♥

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

As if gentle fingers reach from this page, your poem touches me in so many ways. Soft blue wings, following a breeze whispering to eternity, forever you shall be with me, forever I shall be with you. For I only need but close my eyes to see your smile, to hear your laugh and understand that missing always begins with love.

Very beautiful Frieda, the longing is evident and the love overwhelming.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Your review is poetry my friend, thanks so much Jack.



Reviews

Really beautiful Frieda, amazing write

Posted 10 Years Ago


like this, written with a lot of literary thought and care..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Frieda- I can feel the love and the longing in this. I love your use of cobalt dust to color the heartache.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautifully done Frieda. I really loved the way you described the shadow land.

And what was wonderful about this is that depending upon the mood, and the need, of the reader it can be interpreted as a remberance of a dead loved one or an absent lover.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Whether your narrator concludes he was helpless from the start and unable to influence the decision of a distanced person or if he feels helpless at the sheer memory of it, I cannot discern. I do admire the helpless feeling of anxiety I've derived from this: knowing far too well the decision to be made, yet doing (or is unable to) nothing for the present moment . . . Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Such a soothing and breathtaking vibe, nicely done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This one spoke out in so many ways. Premonitions, but they were of the past, memories etched on wings that refused to hold still. Beautiful words spoken with a lot of sorrow and longing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a very beautiful, obviously heart-felt and poignant piece. I can only assume it is about your sister so I appreciate the depth of the emotion. I love your use of language describing the colors; those descriptions have an ethereal feel, a supernatural feel. Love lives on; this is proof.

(not to be crass, but what is that beautiful font you used?)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You assume correctly minichinz, thanks so much for your kind thoughts.

I'm not really c.. read more
so sad...she would be honored with the beautiful writes you compose in tribute to her.

jacob

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I hope so jacob, it's the very least I can do, thanks so much.
More than beautiful. (Frieda)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks sweet Emma x

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

648 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 11, 2013
Last Updated on August 1, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blinky light Blinky light

A Poem by Angi