November Cries

November Cries

A Poem by Frieda P

November cries crimson grief in your name
another birthday passes without pause
tears rain from the heavens in restitution
do the doves coo in light of you,
are your wings brighter than the sun,
have you climbed that phoenix to salvation,
what were your thoughts in that last breath,
did you continue to think of me as you leapt? 
my prayers for your safe journey were never interpreted
send me a sign on the day you were born
a miracle of butterfly's flutter upon autumnal skies
you are buried deep in my heart although your ashes
wafted towards ageless blue moons to radiate into stardust


© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
captcha~omnify
Another beyond luverly tune composed by Jack...thank you my dear friend.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sadness pours from your pen this day my sweet friend. Your love for your sister always shows in your words and your thoughts. I know she is proud of you and she feels each and every one of these you pen. My heart weeps for you and the emptiness engulfs me as I read. Your are an amazing talent Frieda, even when the fog rolls in thick and heavy on your mind you still can see beyond the darkness to the light that was Lee. And believe me, she sees your light each moment, she feels your love and wants your smile to return. Your gifts to her are also gifts to us, beautiful memories that we will never forget. Just remember, you are not alone...we walk with you, hand in hand.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Larry Dyson

10 Years Ago

just spoken many times of what your beautiful , sharing in prose has produced in my heart , soul and.. read more
Cassie

10 Years Ago

Hey Jack, thank you for speaking most of our minds, we adore you Frieda. I couldnt say more. Peace t.. read more



Reviews

The lingering grief derived from a suicide is apparent in this poem, and it sorrows and twists my heart to recognize the acceptance of the poem. Longing fills the entire piece, and the prayers are what trigger the shivers: a plea not to have the deceased back, but to have them travel safely into wherever they may go, whether to an afterlife or to simply exist as stardust. Well done. I applaud your poignancy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Such bittersweet tenderness in this one. There is sadness and angst; pain and anguish, but there is also that hint of beauty that only comes out of complete tragedy and the hearts spilling over to tell the tale. This has to be more difficult than anyone can comprehend for you, and I know that you words are a staircase to the stars, where all of the little lost ones come to look down upon the things that you conjur for them. Beautifully done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Magic runs through your melodic pen. You bleed, yet it all bleeds clear. Your tears water forth the most beautiful gardens.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A wonderful write that frames time beautifully. Very good one :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


The imagery in this piece is regaling and succint, like notes that chime to the wind of the autumn journey. I feel each one like a note or a pain stroke of vibrant beauty rise so deeply in my soul that it plays upon the next word and the next. It is a myraid of autumnal images that are deeply self-reflective and create portraits, lush coloring of the many different feelings we live. The soul which is revealed through this piece in colors brighter than the day as we see it, and it is an interpretation in what the seasons mean to a person's internal self. In truth, I might read this over and over again and learn something new from it. This piece is everlasting, and will not die out. It is a sensational depiction, and a marvelous poetic study section. I absolutely love it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


beautiful

But those that have loved and have been loved are NEVER gone.
for their spirit and their memory will ever live on

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is so touching, I felt a little tug at my soul. Beautiful phrasing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh Frieda. This piece hurt to write, I know. She can hear you, I just know she can. Sending hugs and light to you, my friend. It is good to see you pop up on my feed. I have worried about you, girl. Angi~ xoxoxo

Posted 10 Years Ago


You have touched my heart and left me teary eyed Frieda. We lose someone we love...and yes, life goes on and we try our best to accept it and then something like a birthday rolls around and our heart breaks again...I feel this same way this time of year (my mother's birthday and the holidays).

Wishing you beautiful butterflies and lovely memories....
Hugs, Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
PP
Look at the butterfly outside your window! Let all good memories of her fill your heart darling x

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2400 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on November 9, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You... You...

A Poem by MsJewel