Last Night's Fancy

Last Night's Fancy

A Poem by Frieda P

...i wish my pen could capture last night's fancy,
flight of divergent apparitions took my breath away
hallucinations of a dream so real it made me weep
for i saw your face high above the clouds
you appeared as an angel with chimerical wings,  
in their flutter released thousands of butterflies
each one carried a smile of incandescent light
promised posies of an altered moment & space
where poetry becomes reality traced on lofty clouds
amidst trances of tranquility & enchanted frivolity
so here i await on ink's flow with a fool's faith
of glinting endings and freshly burnish'd beginnings...

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are those moments and dreamy escapes that the pen can't capture its essence and glory especially when it is about a special one in our lives. The time and space are surely altered for they reside in a different reality than ours. I think you have been touched by the transcedental nature of the spirit realm and you are feeling like a butterfly in the azure skies...Thank you for sharing ...:)......................

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

What a luverly review Sami, thanks so much for your sweet sentiments.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...Any time...:)....................



Reviews

A beautiful poem full of graphic thoughts and emotions, each and all flying from the 'page'. Angel! You do realise that angels have wings so they can always fly to a needy soul, don't you? Each and every word has a touch of realistic magic. In these phrases a gentle hope, a reality rising up and up onto a new and calming plain: ' .. so here i await on ink's flow with a fool's faith~ of glinting endings and freshly burnish'd beginnings... '

Posted 10 Years Ago


W.O.W
That was amazing. the writing was so original and creative it took me to another world!
GREAT WORK FRIEDA
-Dragon

Posted 10 Years Ago


such fluidity, such poise such transcendence. i died at how good this is, the moment you describe is truly something of dreams. simply breath taking.

-roshan

Posted 10 Years Ago


where poetry becomes reality traced on lofty clouds (sigh)

You have created such breathtaking images in this beautiful poem Frieda...as graceful as a butterfly your pen whispers as if in a dream...

simply lovely!
:) Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


What fades from the mind has been made permanent in your lines here. I love the way you have pit this, it is so sad and yet so graceful.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very graceful, invigorating poem with a magical, dreamy spatter of beauty. Very marvelously penned!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Your pen surely captured your last nights fancy so well and you need not wish. Very perfectly done as usual dear

Posted 10 Years Ago


some dreams are so healing and one is left wondering upon waking ..
"chimerical" what a wonderful new word you have given me ... thanks!
i can see you waking up from this dream and grabbing the pen and journal at the bedside ...reaching for reality
waiting ...:)
i love this fanciful, slightly melancholy poem ...

E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Waking from a full-length dream so normal and fluid with memories &' emotions it turned into a nightmare of which you haven't seen the ending of. You analyze the nightmare through a fog of tears and emotions and still can't quite find the ending, despite there being one, and you still seek for the final result that you've wanted all along: I enjoyed this one. Anticipation for what's to come, along with clues to the knowledge that what's to come, won't, is what improves the poem tenfold.

Posted 10 Years Ago


When I lost both of my parents within a couple of years just a few years back, one of my most comforting thoughts was that they were now together in heaven. That thought brought me peace, and I can only pray that they have found peace again holding on to one another. Your poem is a very lovely one, Frieda. Thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1843 Views
61 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 16, 2013
Last Updated on November 16, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Angel Black Angel

A Poem by s y e