Tu sei la mia eternità, il mio cuore

Tu sei la mia eternità, il mio cuore

A Poem by Frieda P
"

you are my eternity, my heart

"
My obsession's Italian
     savory & nectar'd dream,
   endearment's rhyme
under the Ponte dei Sospiri 
   like the embrace of 
              sweet vino's taste,
tell me why the earth spins
         alive in your presence
why my spirit soars to new heights,
    and I'm left breathless still
 in your whisper'd desire,
              aching in your rapture
   you smile and my sun rises,
      the mere touch of your hand
           sets me on fire
  I yearn for your tenderness,
                  every moment
     breathe for your passion,
           dance amidst your fervor
    surrender to your rhythm, 
    moons and stars 
        pale in your eyes,
    I'm lit from within 
            an ocean of emotions,
          you are the lover 
            of which my reality aspires,
                 the wanton poetry
                 of my muse's affection,
    Tu sei la mia eternità,
                               il mio cuore
       

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
The Bridge of Sighs (Italian: Ponte dei Sospiri) is a bridge located in Venice, northern Italy.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The fire of breathing passion from an encounter that sounds very promising. The dimension of all things Italian adds to this descriptions as it would be logical to think of romance, arts, good food all things beauty, Oh, I could keep going but the writing is not about Italy is about another human being and the effects upon Frieda. Just the touch of hand sparks fire! I can only imagine then when is just a little more than hands that touch each other. The lover of which my realities aspire. A little left with questions thought because this can also be understood as the presence of an IT . Whichever way one wants to entertain this the outcome is of openess, creativity, passion and love and lust for life.

What could be better? good times ahead.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I'm thrilled reading your review Rene....I'll leave it to the imagination. There's a saying in Ital.. read more


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Reviews

This is a unique piece with lots of character. I enjoyed the originality of it very much

Posted 9 Years Ago


A very sexy poem! Steamy!

Posted 9 Years Ago


nothing like italian...it warms my sicilian heart, Frieda.

Cilberto was my grandfather's name before he got naturalized as an orphan way way back and they changed his name to not so italian, so he would have an easier time.

i like our original...as i like the passion in this poem...
lovers, poets, poetic lovers ...one big passionate embrace.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautiful poetry and there is an Italian in every heart which knows how to sing but to express it so beautifully only a magician like you can do. Thanks for inviting to Italy without any Visa. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lovely. Let the heart never be tamed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


well well ma'am... this one is sensual and sweet mixed with a seductive grace that few can achieve... I adore the enchanting way you can play with those words phrasing with such captivating melodic thoughts that dance across the page and into the hearts of the readers... the song is exquisite and the poetry divine as usual.. you know that you are one of my absolute favorite poets and this piece exemplifies just why.. the tone, the mood, and the imagery all set this steamy page that makes you want.. sets the imagination free and leaves you wishing for some... just a little taste... a small glimpse of passion poured onto the page.. "aching in your rapture" for sure.... there is a silent, gentle power that takes over and transports the soul to those "heights" with you... tidal waves crashing over us in your "oceans of emotions".... your "wanton poetry" teasing and tempting along the way.. naughty muse... ha!... such a kindred spirit ma'am... ((hugs)) to you.. love when you let this side play and fly free showing her beautiful gypsy wings...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frieda, I know you sent me this RR because im obviously Italian! Lol jk. This is a beautiful poem. I love the way the Italian text plays into and complements the English.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Great piece here..Wonderfully written


Posted 9 Years Ago


When I saw the title in my RRs, I dug into my memory to translate before reading the poem. Such a romantic piece, and the use of Italian was the cocoa on the tiramisu! ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


What wonderful people they are...and the food is incomparable! You've got me all jazzed up for a plate of lasagna, and a tall glass of pinot grigio!! ...and I've got leftover meatloaf in the frig! ; (

I loved the cascading effect of your lines, Frieda...such passion overflows my heart!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1095 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 8, 2014
Last Updated on September 8, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan