Synchronicity of rhythm's rhyme ~

Synchronicity of rhythm's rhyme ~

A Poem by Frieda P
"

_

"
      

 A
rose on wings 
             of poetry's flight,
      fire within
        leaked through
             inky passages,
     mindful reminisces
          singing of heart,
rendered lyrics of
 exhaustive
            mind f*****g songs,
broken pieces
                 & puzzle's shadow,
bird's of paradise
  
soar to surrender in
       ocean's depths 
                   of forgone seasons,
      wildflowers whirling on 
                    baby's breath zephyrs,
             blood spilled 
                in the name of the father,
 cosmic encounters
                under moonlit excursions,
whimsy of fairy dust
                 upon fluffy icicle clouds
posh feathers tickling
          perfumed leather & lace,
     took the long way
 home 
       on the road less
           traveled of poesy,
          transporting phases
                   as phantasm's heights
 dance in the 
       synchronicity
         of
                         rhythm's 
                                    rhyme


© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This makes me wonder and send me en- dreaming I had to make that word up I think I don't have any other way to share with you what it is that happens to me when you write this way. But the opposity of a logical intruction manual like them used in Ikea Step 1 do this step 10 you have achived this. Imaginative - thinking maybe but it comes short as well. I feel as if it was a passage of yourself , breathing , consuming , changing, and how different influences affect your life. I just admire the way you share it. Of course as I have confessed early I am only glad that I can accompany your journey.

Won't even try walking in your shoes probably I 'll get blisters.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Woo your review blew my skirt up this morning Rene. Love the new word, apropos, we're all dreamers .. read more



Reviews

Never heard this interpretation of this song... love it... haunting... affecting.... added such depth and tone to this write... You know I am such a fan when it comes to your ability to do this so beautifully... that by itself is so impressive, but then your phrasing and flow hit so hard in exactly the way you skillfully set them to... this is WHY you are one of my favorite poets... i LOVE writes that make me FEEL and the depth at which you MAKE ME FEEL is impressive and POWERFUL... you, ma'am are awesome... I hope you know just how awesome you are... as a person, as a writer, and as a friend... ((hugs)) to you...

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love the spiral flow here, it's really very fascinating and imaginative. There are various small dots which are connected here, you read it again and find something new.. reading between the lines definitely helps ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautiful, musical darkness and pulsating heart all in sync in this one poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A whirlwind of images and emotion, Frieda. I read it a few times, and each time I lingered on your first line, reading it as "Arose on wings..." one moment, then as "A rose on wings..." the next - and the poem changed. Intentional or not, you have written a piece here that will touch the reader one way on Monday, and quite differently on Tuesday...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Surreal and it echoes long after it is read. You just have to spend time with it, it becomes a part of the reader and the reader part of the poem. Love the lay out and the music and this is a very talented penned piece, feels smokey, and I like that :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sweet dreams, one of my favorite Annie Lennox tunes, I had not heard this version before, and sweet words to go with it. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Had me hooked in first 2 lines wings of poetry's flight, magnificent! from there it was a roller coaster of a ride, I think it took me to every dimension of life and then threw me out of the car at the top of the ride, excitement does not do it justice and i'm heading for the gate to start again, any one lend me the price of admission :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


a mystical dream of writing poetry with a sense of excitement and enchantment on the journey
great write good choice in music

Posted 9 Years Ago


A rather dreamy, surreal write… like floating down a gentle, sunlit stream, but with occasional rocky, white water patch.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like this one, the words carry the reader from nutty scattered to that feeling of knowing and moving in parallel alignment. Two hearts, beating in just one drum... Or is it time?

What's that song? Phil Collins? I think... It's an old one.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1227 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 13, 2014
Last Updated on September 14, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Time Time

A Poem by Tate Morgan