Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby
"

Just a normal, boring day for Kasi and her friends... or so it seems.

"

Death Becomes Her

 

     I was in class, bored and not even listening to what the teacher was talking about. I glanced up at the clock for the tenth time that class period and was happy to see that there was only five more minutes until school was over and the weekend to start. I started packing my things when I heard my name being called.

     "Cassandra."

     I looked up from my stuff to see my teacher staring at me.

     "Yeah?" I asked, hoping he would make it quick.

     "I'd like to speak to you after class." he said, turning his back on me to face the other side of the class.

     I sighed, frustrated. After the bell had rang and everyone was out getting ready for the weekend, I stayed behind. I stood up and walked over to the teacher while he sat at his desk, putting files of papers away and such.

     "Cassandra, I-" he started, but I interrupted him.

     "My name is Kasi, not Cassandra." I corrected him, mentally rolling my eyes.

     "Kasi, I believe that I have told you before that the bell does not dismiss you, I do." he continued after staring me down.

     "Then what's the point for bells?" I asked, practically throwing my hands up in the air in frustration and anger.

     "That's not what we are talking about. I've told you before about this yet you continue to ignore it."

     Yeah, 'cause it's stupid.

     "I'm sorry, I really don't know what came over me." I apologized,rolling my eyes this time.

     He looked at me through narrow eyes to see if I was lying. Of course I was, but I'd be damned before I'd let him find that out.

     "Very well, you may go, but if it happens again I'll have to give you detention."

     I nodded and got the hell out of there before he could say anything else. I swear, he pissed me off so much. It's like he had something against me and was waiting for the right moment to unleash his evil plan. And why did he always call me Cassandra? I bet he just liked to piss me off further. Well, congrats, it worked.

     I walked out of the front door of the school and made my way over to the flagpole. Gaby and Ali always waited for me over there. Once they were in view, I stood under a shady tree and called out their names and waved at them to come. Hearing me, Gaby looked over her shoulder and smiled.

     "Kasi-chan!" she shouted as she ran up to me and practically tackled me to the ground.

     Ali, on the other hand, took her sweet time walking over to us. When Gaby let go of me and Ali finally reached us, I looked at the two sisters shoulder-to-shoulder and saw their similarities and their differences. Mostly the differences, though.

     Gaby, while being the oldest, looked like she was a year younger than Ali. Gaby had straight dark brown hair that reached down all the way to her lower back. Her bangs, currently swept to the right side of her face, revealed her bright, excited brown eyes. As she moved out of the shade, her tan skin seemed to glow as if showing off how happy she was. She was naturally friendly and was always smiling. But once you got her started, she was unstoppable.

     Ali was a few inches taller than Gaby and had thin, chest-leveled hair that was very unique. The top part of her head was dyed blue, but the more you trailed down the more faded it got. It was rare you ever got to see the blue because she was constantly wearing her black saggy beanies, like now. She also had a nose piercing that reminded me of a bull, dark eyes with a red-ish tint to them that always seem to give off her dark personality, and her slightly tanned skin.

     I, on the other hand, had blonde, curled hair that was chest-leveled like Ali's, but it was actually a little shorter than Gaby's when straightened. I had pale skin that complemented my sea blue eyes. I normally had a easy going personality, but that would disappear as soon as I got pissed off. I didn't have a lot of friends since I swore so much and wasn't afraid to beat someone up, but I didn't see how that was a problem. So, basically, I only had Gaby and Ali. They understood me and comforted me when I needed it most. And vise versa.

     "Kasi-chan! Are you even listening?!" Gaby asked, shouting and flailing her arms around as if she was a lunatic... which I didn't doubt.

    "Huh? Oh, sorry, Gaby-tan. Lost my train of though," I apologized.

     Ali rolled her eyes, "Try listening more next time, idiot."

     Now that would normally be insulting, but that was just how Ali was. She didn't mean it, but she had trouble showing her true emotions. That meant that people wouldn't talk to her. Gaby didn't have a problem showing her emotions. If she was happy, she showed. If she was sad, she really showed it. If she was pissed, you'd know.

     "Ali-imouto-kun! Don't be mean! Everyone gets distracted once and a while! Anyway, Kasi-chan, we wanted to know if you would come with us to get some ice cream!"

     I thought about it, but then nodded. "Sure, I don't have anything else to do."

     "Not surprising," Ali muttered.

     Gaby smacked Ali's shoulder and scolded her. During this, I looked around to see that a lot of people had already left campus, wanting to get home and enjoy the weekend I would guess.

     "Hey, lets go before the shop closes," I said, walking towards downtown.

     Gaby squealed in delight while Ali muttered darkly to herself.

...

     We were now walking out of the ice cream shop eating our ice creams happily.

     "Woo! Chocolate!" Gaby shouted, nearly choking on her ice cream.

     "Hey! Stop eating it so fast, you'll get a brain freeze!" Ali scolded.

     "Aw..." Gaby pouted, but reluctantly slowed down.

     "You can't blame her, this is pretty good." I shrugged, continuing to lick my vinilla ice cream.

     "I'll give you that, but don't start whining when you ge a brain freeze!" Ali rolled her eye, eating the same flavored ice cream as I was.

     "Hey, look!" Gaby suddenly squealed, pointing to a shop window a few feet ahead of us. I squinted my eyes to see it was displayed with dolls and toys of all sorts. Only Gaby would make a big deal over something like that.

     "And? Who cares? It's just a bunch of stupid toys," Ali said.

     "B-but I want!" Gaby whined.

     "We don't have anymore money! We spent it all on the ice cream."

     "I want!" Gaby screamed at the top of her lungs, throwing her ice cream on the cement.

     Ali and I covered our ears to block out Gaby's frantic screaming. That was when Gaby ran towards the shop, Ali chasing after her while shouting swears left and right.

     That was when everything seemed to slow down. As Ali chased Gaby, they passed a billboard that was above them. It swayed back and forth until, finally, it fell forward, headed for the two girls. They seemed to notice because they both stopped and looked up. They went wide eyed and could do nothing but stare up. Gaby was shaking and Ali looked so scared, her ice cream slipped out of her hands and onto the cement.

     "Guys! Move out of the way! You'll be crushed! Move!" I shouted at them, but they didn't seem to hear.

     Balling my hands into fists after dropping my ice cream as well, I ran towards them. I ran as fast as I could, not forgetting to check if the falling billboard would crush my best friends before I could reach them. But I did manage to reach them just in time, and shove them out of the way. I knew it would be pointless for me to try and run, so I stood there with my eyes closed. I heard Gaby and Ali's voice calling out to me, but I stood still until I was certain it was all over.

...

Beep... Beep... Beep~

     I groaned. That noise was so annoying and it sounded like it was my alarm clock, but I couldn't move. It was like my whole body was paralyzed, refusing to move.

     Am I dead? Maybe, but at least the girls are all right. My life was boring and plain anyway. And it wasn't like anyone but the girls would miss me. They have each other so they'll be fine... I wonder what will happen now? Will I just continue to float in this dark abyss? Stay paralyzed forever?

Beep~... Beep... Beep...

     "Get the... We... save her... Look! Her... is beating! It... like... make it!" a noise suddenly said.

     I was suddenly no longer in the dark abyss. It wasn't quiet like it used to be. It also felt like I was no longer floating, but now grounded. I slowly opened my eyes to see a white ceiling and a bright light above me, but then I closed eyes, too tired to keep them open.

     It was quiet again, but then I heard the sound of a door opening and closing. I tried to look, but my muscles screamed with pain.

     "Ali-imouto-kun, look what I did... She could have died! It would have been all my fault!" some one who sounded familiar cried.

     "Gaby-onee-chan, stop crying. Kasi-chan's fine, see? Her heart is beating, she'll be okay," another familiar voice soothed.

     "Yeah... I guess so, but... this is still all my fault."

     "It's my fault too... I should have just gotten us out of the way, but I was just so scared that I couldn't move. It's both our faults..."

     It was then silent again. Ignoring the pain, I opened my eyes again to see two blurry figures. After blinking a few times I was able to tell who they were.

     "Gaby-tan? Ali-kun?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

     Said girls whipped their heads so fast to stare at me that my neck hurt just watching them.

     "K-Kasi-chan!?" Gaby shouted, shock written all over her face.

     "No way... You're awake," Ali-kun muttered.

     "Yeah, but I feel like I got run over by a truck," I groaned.

     "Kasi-chan!" Gaby shouted as she ran towards me.

     She hugged me so tightly it was hard for me to breath. Ali ran over too, stopped Gaby before I would suffocate, then hugged me, more gentler than Gaby.

     "So, what happened again?" I asked after the girls stopped hugging me.

     A shadow cast over Gaby's face as she explained. After, she was crying again while Ali looked down at her black Vans.

     "Gaby-tan, stop crying. I'm fine." I smiled. "And besides, it was worth getting here to save you two."

     That only made Gaby cry harder. Ali sighed and got up from where she had been sitting.

     "I'm gonna take Gaby-nee-chan to the bathroom in the hall. Be right back," she said, getting Gaby up from her seat.

     I watched as they walked out of the room and gave a big sigh. So much for a fun weekend.

     I laid my head on my pillow and closed my eyes. But then I heard a sigh come from the window. Opening my eyes once again, I looked over at the window to see an unfamiliar boy about my age with black hair in the same style Roxas from Kingdom Hearts had. His eyes were closed and he was leaning against the window ledge looking exhausted.

     "That was close. Almost lost her," he muttered.

     "Um... Can I help you?" I asked.

     He paused and opened a eye at me. I stared at him, curious to why he was here.

     "Does she see me?" he seemed to be asking himself, but I answered anyway.

     "Yeah, I can see you, and, not to be rude or anything, I want to know why you're here. I've never seen you in my whole life," I said, a little suspicious.

     The look on his face shifted between horror, shock, confusion and a whole lot more.

     "Impossible! How can you see me?!" he asked, shouting.

     "Hey, hey. Calm down, dude. This is a hospital. And what do you mean impossible? You're standing right in front of me. It's kind of hard not to see you," I admitted.

     "Oh no," he said, shaking his head.

     "Dude, just tell me who you are. Do I know you, 'cause I don't remember you?"

     "My name is Perseus."

     "So, Perseus, what are you doing here?" I asked again.

     "I'm here to protect you. it's my job," he said after sighing again.

     "Your job? Look, I don't need anyone looking after me. Why don't you just leave or something."

     "I can't."

     "Why not?" I asked again, growing frustrated, "You have legs that aren't broken. Unless you want me to break them for you."

     He seemed a little amused by what I said. "Sorry, but that's not possible."

     "And why the hell is that?"

     "Because I'm a ghost."



© 2013 Gaby


Author's Note

Gaby
Yay! First chapter done! ^^ I hope you all liked it! I worked all night on it. =P And sorry for any mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
EEEKKK!!!! GIVE ME THE DAMN NEXT CHAPTER NOW!!!! T^T Don't make me beg, Momo-Chan. I LOVED it. I'm so AWESOME, as usual. XD

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on June 6, 2013
Previous Versions


Author

Gaby
Gaby

CA



About
Hi, my name's Gabriella, but please call me Gaby. I'm 17, birthday's June 1st and am currently in high school. I don't like going outside much, read too much fan fiction, and tend to hate most peop.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby